Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Track mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you drive on track mode all the time? Will it be more wear on the batteries and brakes?

Track mode basically dials down the stability control so you can go more sideways and put the power down more aggressively out of tight corners. The biggest effect would be increased tyre wear and a bit more stress on the drivetrain components, half-shafts in particular. I wouldn't worry about the brakes for road use. Only prolonged track use would give the brakes a proper workout.

I would imagine you can switch track mode on all the time, otherwise it would have to be geo-fenced to every track.

Can you drive on track mode all the time? Will it be more wear on the batteries and brakes?

I tried the Track Mode for the first time today. To your question of driving on it all the time I would like to mention two observations: 1) the "Hold" function does not work so well even when the H sign is shown - the car can still roll slowly. 2) the regenerative brakes do not work so well either even when setting is on 100%. Both 1) and 2) are noticeably different to the car performance without the Track mode. So be aware of it.