Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance trim options

Which performance trim option will you get?

• Banana Leaf

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Carbon Fiber

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Lacewood

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Piano Black

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we're going grey leather with the CF...(the tan colour would look great too but keeping it clean would be a big hassle here in Canada)...same here David, black on black, not enough contrast for me... the grey with black CF accents has plenty of contrast.

I can't decide on which leather color to get. I think that will have a lot to do with the choice of carbon fiber or not. I think black leather and the carbon fiber would blend together too much. Maybe the saddle color with CF.

I really want the tan interior with the blue exterior. If I go against every line of reasoning I've held up until now (that is to get the 45 kWh model) and spring for the Performance, I feel like I'd like to get the exclusive Carbon Fiber decor. However, I'm not sure it will go too well with Tan. I tend to think the Banana Leaf would be a better match, but this is something I'm going to have to see in person before I can make a decision. Informed decisions are always best!

....I'd like to get the exclusive Carbon Fiber decor. However, I'm not sure it will go too well with Tan.

Tan with CF looks pretty good to me.:wink:

My Roadster is away getting the CF dash fitted right now; I'll post some more pics somewhere when it's back.

tan cf.jpg

I haven't seen the Performance exterior accents discussed much here... my understanding is the following: Back spoiler in carbon fiber that doesn't go the full length of the trunk and angles up sharply. Front nose cone is carbon fiber (or has CF element to it). Side sills are painted to body color. Front scoop (don't know what else to call it) also CF. Apparently really makes the car look bad***. But if this is correct, I wonder how it will look with any Sig color other than Black. CF on white or red-- can't picture it.

I haven't seen the Performance exterior accents discussed much here... my understanding is the following: Back spoiler in carbon fiber that doesn't go the full length of the trunk and angles up sharply. Front nose cone is carbon fiber (or has CF element to it). Side sills are painted to body color. Front scoop (don't know what else to call it) also CF. Apparently really makes the car look bad***. But if this is correct, I wonder how it will look with any Sig color other than Black. CF on white or red-- can't picture it.

Cf on both black and red actually looks great. For comparison, check out some R8s with carbon blades

5541988684_13ebd00a98.jpg

5534457870_f33071e1c0.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31019817@N02/6094561483/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Last edited:

Hey, that does sound badass (had to say it).

Black and red look great together - one of my favourite combinations.

Carbon fiber on any lighter color looks good. There are some people who got the CF trim on black cars as well. It blends in more but you can tell if you look closer and also looks pretty good. I think more people like the contrast of the dark CF on a lighter color though.

Thanks for posting the picture, that does help! I'm now thinking that the darker Signature red might actually look nice. Does anybody have a picture (or photoshop skills) featuring a white car with carbon fiber? I'm not a red car kinda guy but I want the Performance model. I think it would look amazing with the grey but alas, not an option.

Thanks for posting the picture, that does help! I'm now thinking that the darker Signature red might actually look nice. Does anybody have a picture (or photoshop skills) featuring a white car with carbon fiber? I'm not a red car kinda guy but I want the Performance model. I think it would look amazing with the grey but alas, not an option.

There are Roadsters made that way. The old Toronto demo car looked absolutely gorgeous. I have a much better picture of this car sitting in my driveway charging, but I haven't been able to find it. Here's the best I can find at the moment.

IMG_1057.jpg

Maybe Jaff can post something better!