Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance upgrade $$$$$ 1 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw ready to do the 2.4 sec with my new wheel ;)

894D20F2-CABC-489D-ABB7-AFEC1900D920.jpeg

Heyyy Guys why are you so pessimistic?
You make the same statement when we talk about the 990-980 lollll it’s impossible to have more power if you have 990 engine bla bla bla and guess what ? Half a second appear for 2000$ !!!! So let see what happens in the next few month After the battery days

Uh...guess what? The $2000 unlock reduces peak rear motor power, and increases front power.

ok guys the SOMEONE is my service guys at Tesla Montreal ! And Tesla Montreal is the biggest Tesla service in North America o_O if this person is not well informed I don’t know who can be ?

Nearly anybody?

The sales and service center people at the stores rarely have any idea WTF is going on with existing products, let alone future ones.

When I was test driving a 3 back in spring 2018 I was told they physically lacked heated rear seats. Even though I knew that was not true and they simply hadn't enabled the software yet.

Same person also told me the P and AWD cars wouldn't be shipping before end of of the year (which was off by months) and that they'd be orderable out of the gate with air suspension (which still isn't true 2 years later)

I would always tick the box for quicker acceleration if it was available, especially if it meant more torque at higher speeds.

Unfortunately I think the next significant performance boost for the 3 will be with the next battery iteration.

Sounds unrealistic in terms of performance with current battery in the cars and would cannibalize sales of the S
Maybe half second or quarter of a second ; which performance owners would still pay extra for.
Voltage sag is already horrendous when pulling mass amps. Nope.

If it comes with a bigger battery though i'd have to highly consider it but at a certain point i'd rather just sell my car and buy a new PYD or find a steal on a PXD.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Is there any good data that would support or show what the limits are based on the voltage sag?
MPP dyno results tell the tale but anyone with SMT adapter and app should be able to produce relevant results.
Tesla has done a decent job of masking this by cutting draw significantly below ~75% SoC but it remains obvious the limitation is there.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110