Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Package - How many find it worth $5K?

Do you find Performance Upgrade worth $5K?

• Yes, totally worth it!

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • No, a bit expensive. I won't get one.

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • No, a bit expensive but will get them through after-market

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re a person that only buys genuine parts and accessories, then $5000 is a steal.

(Model S/X Equivalent Prices on the Tesla Store)
Red Calipers $2300
Sport Wheels $4000
Performance Pedals $150
Spoiler $1500
Total $7950

If you’re a person that likes to customize your cars with aftermarket parts (and you don’t mind going through the trouble of selling your original wheels/tires and brakes calipers), you can get can probably put together a similar package for around $3000.

Last edited:
Fuel Injectors don't wear much in Teslas either. <-------sarcasm.

But what about the next-generation Roadster Space-X version with10 rocket thrusters?

I imagine that the trusters will have to be verified and replaced after usage.

"According to Elon Musk, almost every piece of the Falcon should be reused over 100 times.
Heat shields and a few other items should be reused over 10 times before replacement."

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
But what about the next-generation Roadster Space-X version with10 rocket thrusters?

I imagine that the trusters will have to be verified and replaced after usage.

"According to Elon Musk, almost every piece of the Falcon should be reused over 100 times.
Heat shields and a few other items should be reused over 10 times before replacement."
I suppose I'll change my response when I go over to the Roadster thread.

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
My concern is that tires will wear quicker. $300 a pop X 4 = $1200. 500 AA rating tires = ~50,000 miles on regular car. Model 3 performance will be about 15,000 miles.

:)

The rear tires on my Roadster never lasted very long. Seems to me if you're not going to drive the Roadster the way it was intended to be driven, why have one in the first place? Love that torque. Tire wear is the price you pay.

Fuel Injectors don't wear much in Teslas either. <-------sarcasm.

I never had to replace a fuel injector, timing belt, muffler, or plugs & points in my Roadster. :)

Tires wear quickly on ANY tesla
Many X owners getting almost 40k set of wheels.
I’m probably going to get mid 30’s on my second set.
For a performance oriented car that’s darn good.
I agree. Many doesn't mean alot. There are outliers.
A majority of MX, MS owners do not get 40k.
May be we should have a thread for heavy driver experience and cost of ownership, such as tires mileage:
200,000+ Mileage Club