Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is crazy and very disappointing for those of that paid $5K. Our cars instantly depreciated another $5K. Then there are the folks that didn’t get the performance upgrade on their initially order that got screwed as well.

I guess our only consolation prize is Free Unlimited Supercharging for the life of the car.

If new buyers get 5K less for performance upgrade and Free Lifetime supercharging, I don't know what to say...

Well I wish they gave people with performance edition the Spoiler and other stuff as retro fit but we know that will never happen anyhow At least we got the free supercharging people who got it earlier so that is still a good deal for us. I have the performance edition but not the upgrade package. Anyhow I Am happy that at least I am getting the free supercharging for life which by itself is huge deal for me.

If this stands, who will be more pissed, the people who bought the P3D- for $64k that didn’t get the upgrade or the people like myself who paid the additional $5k for the P3D+?

I have a P3D- and am a little annoyed, but on the other hand they effectively just eliminated my configuration, so I guess that makes it more rare? But I can still get 18" winter tires. I'm willing to complain for the free spoiler and pedals though.

I wonder if this means all M3P will get track mode?

Oy. This is going to throw a monkey wrench into the works. Gonna be a lot of miffed people.

LR AWD owners upset that they may have been able to get a performance model.
P3D- owners who didn't get the + upgrade for the same price.
P3D+ owners who paid $5K extra.

No winners except those who are about to order a performance. You win everything. :)

I'm in that last group. I am thankful I went ahead and got the P3D+, I just paid too much for it. Wonder if there's anything else to come? Good or bad. Here's hoping for some good. :cool:

Now, one item of interest is that it's getting to be almost too late to order a 3 and have it guaranteed to be delivered in 2018, so people who order from this point on are risking losing $3750 of tax credit. This softens the blow a bit.

Last edited: