Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8F9CAF42-43E3-4BFE-941C-0A45540A8E55.jpeg

Huh. Someone on the Model 3 fb oagr said they got a response from Tesla saying a check would be mailed within 8!! weeks. Wtf? My email from 4 weeks ago said within 4 weeks (no check yet of course).

Now it’s 8 weeks from now...

Last edited:
I would be surprised if 20" wheels cost more than the 18" wheels to manufacture. The 18" wheels are quite light and also include aero covers. The 20" wheels are soft boat anchors. Tesla MXM4s are $277, Tesla PS4Ss are $340 and Tesla's cost is less of course. Both the performance and non performance have Brembo calipers. I doubt that slightly larger calipers and rotors from the same manufacturer are much more expensive. They have the same number of pistons right?
I'll have to agree. The extra 5K package was a complete money grab and should have never existed because the difference between the P+ and the P- parts is close to nothing since the parts are not that different. 5K would only make sense if those parts where in addition to, not in lieu of the P- parts. That said I still want to trade my FUSC for 5K. Elon said that's what its worth to him. So I'll take him up on it.

Good to hear Msjulie! I know a lot of people are frustrated but letting that frustration impact other owners isn’t the right move. Like that one dude in another thread saying to hold a sit in at showrooms. Pure nonsense.

At the end of the day Tesla is a car company with a founder with a relaxed communication style with their customers. Set expectations appropriately and give them some slack. Compare them against the other car companies you’ve dealt with. Not holding them to a higher standard for no justified reason. Personally I find the joy my performance model 3 gives me when driving earns Tesla a lot of slack.
Somebody wanted to hold a showroom sit-in? That's hilarious - but it would finally get their attention.
Since I'm retired I'd probably join, if it was a short one, but the nearest showroom is 6 hrs drive away...

Remember those days at the end of the quarter when owners helped with orientations? This is sort-of the opposite - but it still would help them get their act together, just in a different sort of way...

I'm a P3D- owner but I am well over the $5k issue. The car is fantastic and I am not going to get stuck in a downward spiral. Honestly the attitude of some of the + people bothers me much more than the $5k. My loyalty to Tesla may have lessened over this issue but I have no complaints about the car of the century.

I would love to see Elon come through with Track Mode for the minus though. It was clearly promised and is really the only component of the plus that I want.
I almost agree - but then I want a dual motor badge with a gold underline - you know "special discontinued edition".

• Funny
Reactions: Msjulie
I'll have to agree. The extra 5K package was a complete money grab and should have never existed because the difference between the P+ and the P- parts is close to nothing since the parts are not that different. 5K would only make sense if those parts where in addition to, not in lieu of the P- parts. That said I still want to trade my FUSC for 5K. Elon said that's what its worth to him. So I'll take him up on it.

Ahh...but you guys are forgetting about the carbon fiber spoiler. :)

At least you guys are getting timelines. I called Tesla Support today and got a handful of attitude when I asked about the refund.

She said Elon can tweet whatever he wants, but in this department we are only issuing refunds if the delivery/order was near the date that the change was made. No if,and, or but. I tried to get them to ask around, but they said this is the company policy.

• Informative
Reactions: Roys3
At least you guys are getting timelines. I called Tesla Support today and got a handful of attitude when I asked about the refund.

She said Elon can tweet whatever he wants, but in this department we are only issuing refunds if the delivery/order was near the date that the change was made. No if,and, or but. I tried to get them to ask around, but they said this is the company policy.
Wow, now I feel justified in hammering them as much a possible again!
Hammer them arbitrarily - like they do to us!

Of course we can gift them arbitrarily too - some on this thread can gift their $5K back to Tesla once they get it, and still others can just say "Tesla, please invoice me $5K more so I can sort-of match the poor Stealthers. :)

Ha! I'm feeling like all is well with the world. - The Stealthers get to hammer, and the gifted get to gift back. No? :)
:

Last edited:

Also, If they are only issuing refunds to that select group, then they're the ones who are causing the "super-gifted group". Lovely.

Reactions: pu3ding
This stuff keeps getting crazier and worse. I don't want to help the short sellers - but it's not my fault!
Why can't Tesla get on top of this simple thing? It's not that hard. Are they really this dysfunctional? (I hope the shorts don't read this.)

On the other hand, stock markets usually like when a company bullies - or kicks downward on some group - for profit. (Hear that shorts? Tesla is effectively milking SOME of its customers.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Big City and P85_DA
I'll admit that I'm a bit jealous of anyone who has actually gotten a reply from Tesla. I've sent 1 email, 1 contact form, and 2 escalated contact forms and have yet to get any sort of response. :/
I send emails everyday just to make sure they get through. The answer rate is about 30% so don't feel bad. Also the answer changes based on who you get so it pays to keep sending emails. You might get one in your favor one day.

Today Tesla had the gall to send me a survey asking me to rate how their customer support is serving my needs. Of course I gave them a bad score on everything but they also had a textbox at the end allowing me to tell them what I think. I wrote a novel with all my bad experiences, their non answers, their conflicting answers, and so on. Felt good. I hope someone reads that and takes appropriate corrective action. But no like Elon's non action corrective action.

Well there you go folks. The checks are in the mail (almost) :). Got a new response from Tesla telling me that the refund has been processed and the checks will be mailed out starting in the beginning of next week.

Attachments

• 2D31FCC6-78F6-4285-A4EE-D3EA42035525.jpeg
    2D31FCC6-78F6-4285-A4EE-D3EA42035525.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
The way I look at it is that FUSC is worth about $1k on average and the value of PUP is about $1k (bigger brake calipers are not expensive!) therefore P3D + PUP = P3D + FUSC.

Your math hurts my brain..
  • Bigger rims & tires : $4k to me
  • Bigger brakes: sorry not an option, MPP brake kit up front is $1380, rear $980 and this doesn't include calipers. Find me a kit < $1k from Brembo, etc I want to see it, really.. more options the better
  • Aluminum pedals: $150
  • Stouter stabilizers and other suspension bits: not an option
  • Spoiler: can't find it in the store right now, was like $1k

I realize these are not the cost to Tesla but even at 25% cost to them it's more than 1k. Supercharging (unlimited) used to be on the menu for $2k

The debate will continue until people feel like some kind of fairness has been applied.