Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's the current build description:
Pricing Details
  • Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive$64,000
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint$2,500
  • Performance UpgradeIncluded
  • 20’’ Performance WheelsIncluded
  • Performance BrakesIncluded
  • Carbon Fiber SpoilerIncluded
  • Performance PedalsIncluded
  • Black and White Premium Interior$1,000
  • Enhanced Autopilot$5,000
I ordered <1 month ago, and payed an additional $5,000 for the "Performance Upgrade". Not only that, my car was with Tesla for 3 weeks out of the past month for repairs and issues with the delivery of the vehicle. So I basically payed $5,000 and 1 month's interest on the vehicle loan for nothing!

Here's the build link that's identical to my car: https://ts.la/2Ows5Bk

It's too much of a pain in the ass for Tesla to make P3- / P3+ variants that they would rather pull an Oprah instead.

5K for everyone!

$5k is a pretty big chunk compared to 1k and 2k price changes everyone else is seeing.

As you mentioned elsewhere...will the new P3D+ owners still get their car in time for the $7500 Tax credit.

Then it's $3750 + FUSC, so the burn wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: Maximilien
$5k is a pretty big chunk compared to 1k and 2k price changes everyone else is seeing.

As you mentioned elsewhere...will the new P3D+ owners still get their car in time for the $7500 Tax credit.

Then it's $3750 + FUSC, so the burn wouldn't be so bad.

So the big winners are those who order today and get P3D+ for 64K with full federal tax credit.

So the big winners are those who order today and get P3D+ for 64K with full federal tax credit.

Pretty much. Where my confusion is I think Tesla is leaving 2.5K-3K on the table for no reason?

Say, you just make performance standard - you can charge like $2,500 or $3,000 for it and make it one configuration. I don't see the take drop for P buyers dropping.

Reactions: PA ZU
It's too much of a pain in the ass for Tesla to make P3- / P3+ variants that they would rather pull an Oprah instead.

5K for everyone!

The level of being fracked depends on if if an order today gets delivery in 2018 or not.

giphy.gif

Except us early buyers are left out. :(

• Informative
Reactions: PA ZU and MXWing
Wow, I’m supposed to take delivery of a 3D tomorrow, but this changes the whole dynamic. I struggled with 3D va P3D before ordering, and this would have probably tipped the scales. And a buddy is supposed to take delivery of his P3D- tomorrow. I wonder what this means for him...does he have any leverage? I’m thinking about putting my delivery on hold to sort it out, but my loan is issued and im otherwise set. Eeesssshhh!

Oy. This is going to throw a monkey wrench into the works. Gonna be a lot of miffed people.

LR AWD owners upset that they may have been able to get a performance model..

Not this one.

It's still $10,000 more than I paid, and would now force me to take wheels I don't want, and brakes I don't want either.

Now, if they'd moved the P3D+ to this price and made the P3D- 5k cheaper that might have annoyed me. I'd maybe have paid 5k for the 0-60 jump over AWD, but never 10k (let alone 15k) given I can count on one hand how often I'd use the difference in any given month.

Tesla being Tesla. I doubt these prices stick. It seems obvious that Tesla is anti-selling the MR and trying to move AWD and P cars. They probably have more MR orders than they thought or will be able to deliver before the end of the year.

Tesla cranking those demand levers.

The AWD vehicle ls $2k less than I paid and I say good on anyone who gets that price! I hope Tesla sells the crap out of the M3 because their success and ultimately the viability of the company depends upon it.