Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess us P3D- owners now have unicorns. I’d be a little bummed about ONLY having an option of summer tires, since Tesla doesn’t make any winter sets that fit with the PUP wheel hubs.

If it’s any consolation, the price will probably go back up $3k or something in 2 days, while still no longer being optional.

If it’s any consolation, the price will probably go back up $3k or something in 2 days, while still no longer being optional.

You're just totally guessing, how could that be any consolation?

I'd feel better if the OG P3D+ owners could get first dibs on Track Mode, but that probably won't happen. Who knows when it will even come out!

Funny, I feel the opposite. The +package was worth almost nothing to me, now Tesla just happens to agree.

To me the only thing worse than not getting that stuff for free, would have been paying $5k for it. ;)

But I have this nagging feeling that Ludicrous will only come to cars with the PUP... so there’s that. There’s no reason for it, but that’s probably what will happen. Elon did say the PUP will be available separately but I wonder if that will really happen? And how much?

But I have this nagging feeling that Ludicrous will only come to cars with the PUP... so there’s that. There’s no reason for it, but that’s probably what will happen. Elon did say the PUP will be available separately but I wonder if that will really happen? And how much?

I don't think so. If anything this change shows how little difference there is between AWD/P3D-/P3D+.

I’m supposed to take delivery tomorrow of a P3D- and I have no idea what to do. I called my advisor and Tesla and everyone is confused. They think I will have the option to delay my delivery and they will upgrade my car with the performance pack or I could take the car as is with an undisclosed rebate. If I did keep as a P3D- would i still get track mode when available? I’d be happy to use the $5k to buy my own upgraded wheels and don’t really need the brakes. What would you all do if those are presented as options?

I’m supposed to take delivery tomorrow of a P3D- and I have no idea what to do. I called my advisor and Tesla and everyone is confused. They think I will have the option to delay my delivery and they will upgrade my car with the performance pack or I could take the car as is with an undisclosed rebate. If I did keep as a P3D- would i still get track mode when available? I’d be happy to use the $5k to buy my own upgraded wheels and don’t really need the brakes. What would you all do if those are presented as options?

I wonder what would they do with a car like that because no one will want it.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA

Only take delivery if they are willing to put all the performance upgrades on the due bill or give you $5000 off.

Yup. Man, how much will that suck if current P3D buyers get Ludicrous, and P3D- buyers that spent the same can’t. ****.

Reactions: Msjulie
Elon’s lapping up the collective tears lol

5D69C24A-2521-4E91-A0B7-45B3249BFA70.jpeg

I would 100% absolutely NOT sign for that car, just refuse it. You are essentially being given $5K fewer features than what you've paid for.

Dont trust promises of future upgrades either, get a P3D+

These rapid and random price changes are really getting ridiculous. It’s nice that there is no price haggling when you get a Tesla, but now it’s just pure luck as to whether you’ll end up paying the same/less/higher price for the same exact configuration Model 3 solely based upon when you placed your order. If these changes were only happening every few months no big deal. But three people who ordered just 1 week apart from each other for the same exact car probably paid completely different prices. I’m not a fan of this strategy at all.

Reactions: Skione65