Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, but I don't own an iPhone and never have. =p

I was able to avoid iPhones until about 3 weeks ago (after I got my P3D+ lol) where my work got rid of my old 3G flip phone and gave me an iPhone 7.

Of course I was Android old school with my T-Mobile G1 on 1st week of release...(HTC Dream). Been rocking Android since 1.0.

My first baby:
t-mobile-g1.jpg

I was able to avoid iPhones until about 3 weeks ago (after I got my P3D+ lol) where my work got rid of my old 3G flip phone and gave me an iPhone 7.

Of course I was Android old school with my T-Mobile G1 on 1st week of release...(HTC Dream). Been rocking Android since 1.0.

My first baby:
t-mobile-g1.jpg

Nothing depreciates harder than last years android phone.

Elon: Hold my Teslaquia.

I’m still waiting for my P3D+ that was ordered originally on 4/30 (AWD) on and then upgraded 6/30 that supposed to have free supercharging. With the newest drop in price will I be able to get both the discount and free supercharging? My car was supposed to be delivered late Sept and it’s now late Oct.

I’m still waiting for my P3D+ that was ordered originally on 4/30 (AWD) on and then upgraded 6/30 that supposed to have free supercharging. With the newest drop in price will I be able to get both the discount and free supercharging? My car was supposed to be delivered late Sept and it’s now late Oct.
Based on Elon's tweets to Fred Lambert I'd say that you can have one or the other.

Imagine if Tesla came to you and said “sorry we want an extra $5000” after you and them agreed to a price. You’d be extremely mad and would probably get a lawyer. Well you’re doing to them exactly that. Demanding more than what you both mutually agreed to

Nice try. Your analogy conveniently ignores the part where Tesla actually said, 'sorry, you don't need to pay for those parts after all'. Paint the whole picture if you're going act like we're being unreasonable.

Reactions: MXWing
Based on Elon's tweets to Fred Lambert I'd say that you can have one or the other.

I am in the same boat. I ordered a Performance Model 3 on June 30th and still don't have it after multiple delays. I was credited for the white seat price drop. I expect this will be the same. I will push to retain the free supercharging and get the price drop. I have been rescheduled several times starting back in September. The car is 2 months later than originally estimated. I watch other performance orders delivered in less than a month. I honestly would have paid an extra 5k (6.6K CDN) to have had the car for 2 months. I believe in our case it is reasonable to ask for both the free supercharging and the price drop.

I did consider canceling several times and getting a 2019 in the spring. The only thing stopping me was the free supercharging. I am not thrilled about driving a performance electric car in the cold and snow. If I lose the supercharging I likely will cancel. There is no incentive to keep waiting indefinitely. I don't think my order deposit will be held. So much has changed since the contract was exchanged (price, timelines, incentives) it is null and void in my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: pkodali
Tesla’s product manager is either the biggest imbecile in the world or is an NPC that goes with whatever Elon thinks is “cool” at the moment.
From what I read and heard, employees don't stick around very long if they ever disagree with what Elon thinks is cool, and/of if they tell Elon something cannot be done, or that it cannot be done in the time Elon thinks it should take. The official story is that such people are offered "a position on a different project".

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
The 3P- revolt was silenced for the time being because Tesla said they would offer a upgrade path to 3P+.

I thought the path would cost $7500 at the minimum. Main reason being is the 3P- purchasers got an extra set of 18” Aero wheels.

All my thoughts on above was blown to hell because I think Tesla is going to can that retrofit option and say f it - track mode to all and were not offering retrofits anymore.

Tesla’s product manager is either the biggest imbecile in the world or is an NPC that goes with whatever Elon thinks is “cool” at the moment.

Model 3 is clearly owned by mostly millennials. Everyone knows that is the whiniest, most entitled, impatient, demographic around.

No respect for the trailblazers before them with Roadster and Model S without even parking sensors.
Absurd and wrong. I’ve met dozens of 3 owners and observed probably 100 others. Don’t remember any millennials. Where do you get this *sugar*

Reactions: TankoftheNorth
By Tesla? Not saying that always means anything...

A question I just thought of - given this will take a long time to settle out no matter what happens, I wonder how long you can wait to decide..

Correct by Tesla. Agreed as things can always change. I don't know how long we have to decide. Based on the rough SC calculator on the Tesla site if I drove 3,000 SC miles a year it is roughly $200 a year to charge on them. That means around 25 years to equal the $5k. Being as I use destination chargers and my home charger most of the time I would rather use the $5k.

So I have the P3D+, although I originally ordered the - and upgraded due to track mode being exclusive for the +, so much for that being the case. I also ordered in mid August and received my free lifetime supercharging from the referral program. I LOVE the car but between significant paint issues (which were fixed), being misled on the track mode which is now all P models, and now the significant price drop it's frustrating. Also since supercharging wasn't automatically included in my order the mid to late September orders, I would love to be able to keep it. Although I would give it up for $5k if necessary. I've emailed my salesmen already to try and figure what the process is....

Absurd and wrong. I’ve met dozens of 3 owners and observed probably 100 others. Don’t remember any millennials. Where do you get this *sugar*

Talking to only owners at the bingo club skews data...

I’ve read a few “what is your age” polls before making my statements to ensure I’m not speaking through anecdotes. ;)

You don’t have to be a millennial to own a Model 3 obviously but being half the price of the S opens up a younger demographic.

It would be completely dense to not think the 300 or so respondees have a higher propensity to whine. And those are the folks on Facebook. Discord, slack, Reddit, TWITTER.

In economics we have a term called free rider.

All age groups benefit from their complaining so be thankful for the strawberry generation (they bruise easy)

BB9466C2-FA9C-4CDB-A3FA-0085F98684EB.jpeg

Last edited:
So I have the P3D+, although I originally ordered the - and upgraded due to track mode being exclusive for the +, so much for that being the case. I also ordered in mid August and received my free lifetime supercharging from the referral program. I LOVE the car but between significant paint issues (which were fixed), being misled on the track mode which is now all P models, and now the significant price drop it's frustrating. Also since supercharging wasn't automatically included in my order the mid to late September orders, I would love to be able to keep it. Although I would give it up for $5k if necessary. I've emailed my salesmen already to try and figure what the process is....

Better than getting the - and now seeing the + BS. It would be nice if they extended both to us that ordered before the deadline as what happens if you ordered after and now the drop, are they going back to add free SC or just auto knocking the $5k

This promo definitely tipped in my favor as I ordered a D3 on Friday. The next morning I random stumbled upon an article saying the performance has reduced in price and I changed my order to the P3D. Dealership also said the deliveries could be as soon as 1 - 2 weeks, despite the website saying delivery in December. Hopefully he is correct.

Jazz'd about the upgrade, but empathize for the early adopters. =(

Reactions: Jedi2155
I was on the fence on getting the Model 3 or the Guilia QV, but this move honestly tipped the scales for me. The timing was perfect as I was on the fence and also with the $7,500 credit looming, I felt there was enough value now to pull the trigger. Ordered a red with black interior and EAP. Pretty excited about it, currently driving a Cadillac ATS-V with manual, so going to be a completely different experience for sure. That lease is returned on January 3rd, so the timing of all of this lined up.