Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The win win scenario in the LONG run is really Tesla just let all P3D folks who helped Q3 keep FUSC and then either refund those who want or offer them that now is the great opportunity to get EAP or FSD in place of the refund. For the former, it may help the early buyers more loyal to the Tesla brand. These are folks who didn't doubt their decision in buying Tesla and likely to say real fans. This will subside all the angry purchasers and all this mess can go away and Tesla may again get a positive spotlight despite it started first.

The latter is also good because Tesla is not really losing cash other than just a simple software switch.

I just feel that there may not be a serious competition against Tesla as of now or near future but there may be some companies that may come close in several years. Losing the hardcore customers now may not hurt now but it can when the tide may turn.

I just hope that Tesla can have a vision that can see far ahead instead of just looking at short term gross income. I see the car engineers are doing fine, but as for sales and pricing, I don't find the way in which Tesla conducts beneficial in the long run.

Reactions: rcarpen22
Why July 31? I ordered mid August with a referral to get free superchsrging, what would be the case if I didn’t have the referral? Would I still get the refund with nothing taken back? It seems to me I should be able to keep it and get the refund.

If you ordered with a referral code, Tesla might honor that, please confirm with them. If you did not have the referral code and ordered after July 31st, you will not get free supercharging for life.

I wonder why they haven't decided what to do about all this yet. I think we will all get nothing and only Fred will get a refund. I have received no response from filling out the contact telsa form on the website last week.

I expect a lot is figuring out the accounting.

If they refund $ from Q3 revenue they may have to restate Q3 revenue which showed a surprising profit- and if they account for the refunds in Q4 instead then it might prevent them showing a profit in Q4.

So first they need to decide what exactly they're doing, for who, and then figure out HOW to do it in a way that doesn't kill how their books look or tank the stock.

That's not quick.

This is the response I received from Tesla this morning. My 9/29 delivery on a AWD with a 10K software upgrade without the upgraded performance package.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support.

Tesla typically adjusts pricing as we find more efficiencies in manufacturing. In an effort to be transparent, we adjust the prices of our products to pass along the savings to our customers. This is in the spirit of continuous innovation and improvement. All purchases are final and are not subject to pending price changes.

We love your idea about retrofitting your car with the Performance Upgrades Package, although we currently do not have a retrofit option at this time.

We thank you for your commitment to transitioning our planet to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,
Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752
servlet.ImageServer

ref:_00D506dxX._500f1m5M4v:ref

So you can't negotiate the car when you purchase it, but they reserve the right to screw you a few weeks later by giving the next guy a 7% discount - less than two months after the launch the vehicle - what a Company..
IMG_2005 (1).JPG

IMG_1994 (1).JPG
IMG_1999 (2).JPG
IMG_1990 (1).JPG

And here is a picture of my car waiting to be resprayed - 1 month outside exposed to the elements with two windows missing and not even bothering to at least cover the openings... Total disregard for your personal property. The car is a mess! My first Tesla and my last - I am pursuing a full refund at this point. Good luck to the rest of you.

That's what I was told just now via phone. P3D- can get FUSC or PUP, but no refund.

Same here. This is the response I got from Tesla today:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support.

Tesla typically adjusts pricing as we find more efficiencies in manufacturing. In an effort to be transparent, we adjust the prices of our products to pass along the savings to our customers. This is in the spirit of continuous innovation and improvement.

Vehicles equipped with Performance Upgrades Package are eligible for this refund in exchange for Free, Unlimited Supercharging.

As you do not have the Performance Upgrades Package, I have ensured that you do take benefit from Free, Unlimited Supercharging as an early adopter of Model 3 Performance. We hope you enjoy your Model 3 for all of the features you do have.

We thank you for your commitment to transitioning our planet to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,
Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752

Wow, so for P3D without PUO owners who already have free supercharging- nothing. No PUO add-on or $5K refund. I think a free PUO upgrade in exchange for free supercharging would have been the most fair. I'm voting with my dollars, no Model X for me next year then.

Lesson learned for early adopters....not sure if Tesla is going to get much love next time they come up with a new model, although i think in future Tesla may rely less on early adopters. As a P3D- owner, I am disappointed that I paid the same price (on the same date, given P3D+ owners are getting refund) as someone who got 5K worth of additional equipment.

Lesson learned for early adopters....not sure if Tesla is going to get much love next time they come up with a new model, although i think in future Tesla may rely less on early adopters. As a P3D- owner, I am disappointed that I paid the same price (on the same date, given P3D+ owners are getting refund) as someone who got 5K worth of additional equipment.

Feel the same way. This is my third Tesla, and I've been pretty forgiving of their idiosyncrasies to date, but there's no one could credibly say they saw this coming, and it's just too much insult too quickly for there to be no redress.

Historically they used to be pretty good about making things right when their fast pace or inattention to detail splashed mud on loyal customers. This time, it's just a small number of us interim P3D* customers who will take it in the chops.

I won't be doing more early adopting with them.

Still love the car, but the impact and timing of this combined was more than I consider to be reasonable.

If they offered me the PUP features, I'd take that too, just something to make my car look like it has comparable value to the rest of the Model 3 market.

If someone chose not to buy the package for 5k it obviously wasn't 5k worth of equipment to them though.

(speaking personally it wouldn't be worth $5.00 to encumber my car with huge heavy wheels I don't want- or brakes that don't get me any functional benefit on the street but will cost a lot more when they need any work)

If someone chose not to buy the package for 5k it obviously wasn't 5k worth of equipment to them though.

(speaking personally it wouldn't be worth $5.00 to encumber my car with huge heavy wheels I don't want- or brakes that don't get me any functional benefit on the street but will cost a lot more when they need any work)

how do you know. Maybe they had to choose between EAP or PUP.

Anyway. Whatever happened to this:

Capturedfd.JPG

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and Msjulie

Fwiw, at this point, it's a pretty big assumption P3D+ owners will get anything.

At minimum they should give people free EAP or FSD if they already have EAP. Heck, get creative and give a service credit. A 2k credit towards future maintenance might only "cost" them 1k and isn't a cash outlay. Prices do change on products, but this was a big jump. It's not like it is the end of the year and they are clearing out last year's models.

Reactions: preilly44