Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to organize and sent a collective letter to Tesla or someone
I think those guys are aware but probably think it's too hot to handle right now.

Many of these YouTubers have already been "gifted' double 2020 Roadsters (through the referral program), so they won't want to "bite the hand that feeds them".

Don't want to discourage you though! Worth a try for sure!

We have to keep trying but as a group. More details coming soon...

Screenshot_20181201-082317.png
Screenshot_20181201-082345.png

I sold my first car with 310+k miles on it, sure it needed done engine repairs but never enough to junk it.

my Ford focus needed transmission work every 25k miles lol.

I'm buying a Dodge 3500 with 150k miles on it, i expect it will last at least another 100k likes with some repairs..

I think even my geo metro had a high number of times on it.

I sold my volt with 149k miles on it. It was just receiving some of its first maintenance items. I'm sure it would have gone to 200k miles and beyond.

We need to organize and sent a collective letter to Tesla or someone

We have to keep trying but as a group. More details coming soon...

View attachment 356780 View attachment 356781

- "Double-FUSC" Remedy (Double-FUSC'ing some, Single-FUSC'ing most, Allowing FUSC-for-$5K cash trading for some) - MESSY FAILURE!
- "Double-PUP" Remedy (Double-PUP'ing some, Single-PUP'ing some, PUP-equivalent-ing all) - SOLUTION!

1) Group 1, Newbies, get: "Single-PUP", and any Referred FUSC (Yes Elon, they have some FUSC too) - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.
2) Group 2, Old PUPsters get: "Double-PUP". WTF? you say? Well, Elon established that PUP value is either FUSC or $5K cash BACK - that's the second PUP. Any Double-FUSC'ers in this group get to keep one FUSC (because no "Indian giving allowed). - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.
3) Group 3, Stealthers, get: "Single-PUP". WTF? you say? Well, Elon established that PUP value is either FUSC or $5K cash VALUE. Group 3 can't get cash BACK, and (apparently) won't get PUP'ed, but they can get a (cheaper-for-Tesla) PUP EQUIVALENCY VALUE. FUSC is one such value (as established by Elon). Any Double-FUSC'ers in this group get to keep one FUSC (because no "Indian giving" allowed). - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.

Think, Tesla, think! See the problem? Stealthers need more PUP EQUIVALENCY options! This is really easy - and far better than pissed-off customers!
Suggestions: $5K credit toward future Tesla cars, upgrades or accessories, EAP (if not already purchased), FSD (if not already purchased), and on and on.... Get creative! You decide. Just don't stay stupid, stubborn and silent.

PS: But Please! - no more "Doubles"! (like maybe a hairbrained "Double-FSD" scheme or something...) i.e. Don't "give" something someone already has.

Last edited:
- "Double-FUSC" Remedy (Double-FUSC'ing some, Single-FUSC'ing most, Allowing FUSC-for-$5K cash trading for some) - MESSY FAILURE!
- "Double-PUP" Remedy (Double-PUP'ing some, Single-PUP'ing some, PUP-equivalent-ing all) - SOLUTION!

1) Group 1, Newbies, get: "Single-PUP", and any Referred FUSC (Yes Elon, they have some FUSC too) - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.
2) Group 2, Old PUPsters get: "Double-PUP". WTF? you say? Well, Elon established that PUP value is either FUSC or $5K cash BACK - that's the second PUP. Any Double-FUSC'ers in this group get to keep one FUSC (because no "Indian giving allowed). - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.
3) Group 3, Stealthers, get: "Single-PUP". WTF? you say? Well, Elon established that PUP value is either FUSC or $5K cash VALUE. Group 3 can't get cash BACK, and (apparently) won't get PUP'ed, but they can get a (cheaper-for-Tesla) PUP EQUIVALENCY VALUE. FUSC is one such value (as established by Elon). Any Double-FUSC'ers in this group get to keep one FUSC (because no "Indian giving" allowed). - ALL for the price of a Stealth-car.

Think, Tesla, think! See the problem? Stealthers need more PUP EQUIVALENCY options! This is really easy - and far better than pissed-off customers!
Suggestions: $5K credit toward future Tesla cars, upgrades or accessories, EAP (if not already purchased), FSD (if not already purchased), and on and on.... Get creative! You decide. Just don't stay stupid, stubborn and silent.

PS: But Please! - no more "Doubles"! (like maybe a hairbrained "Double-FSD" scheme or something...) i.e. Don't "give" something someone already has.

Wuut?

Honestly, I think as time goes on this thread will get buried and people will just give up. It’s a really poor move on Tesla’s part IMO but there’s nothing we can do outside of tweeting and emailing. The problem with that is there aren’t enough P3D- owners for them to care.

I think I need to figure out what I should get if I lemon mine. Another 3? Tax credit will likely be reduced. Im tempted to just get a volt it a bolt and go back to living the simple life. I mean I really like the car, but not sure I want to support a company that treats people like this.

Maybe I'll just go back to a gas economy car...

Thats the problem with Monopolys (and as much as you can argue, Tesla has a monopoly on best EV technology), is that it hurts when they do things wrong and you can't really go to another option because they really have the best car. Still I believe in their mission and think another 3 is the best choice, it just sucks that we can't do more to make them learn from their mistakes.

Consequences: I'm also on the Roadster 2020 thread: Getting refund for roadster reservation . I'm also a shareholder in Tesla.

One person, or a small group, will always be ignored by crap corporations - even if that group is early adopters (risk takers), and has purchased the product that has provided the corporation with most profit margin (best milk cows), and helped push them into the black (team players)...

If corporate, customer-facing Tesla (not design, not engineering, not production - not tech.) stinks - then going forward you avoid the stink, or even flush the whole thing...

Keyword is "if". It's not over yet.

So what's it gonna be Tesla? (You really want to stink? - just because you can? - just because a bunch of others still think you smell fine?)

I think I need to figure out what I should get if I lemon mine. Another 3? Tax credit will likely be reduced. Im tempted to just get a volt it a bolt and go back to living the simple life. I mean I really like the car, but not sure I want to support a company that treats people like this.

Want a do over? You must support the Tesla mission even if you can’t use their cars: https://preorders.rivian.com

Reactions: Roys3

Is this a poem or a post? Your killing me!

• Funny
Reactions: Msjulie and Perry
All cars have issues depending how well they're maintained / treated and the development behind it. To generalize is to make a mistake/assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions.....
Not quite. I did zero maintenance on my 1999 Lexus GS400 except oil change, tires, and brake pads. Never even changed the spark plugs in the 19 years I have owned it and never had a problem with it. Still drives like new today. There is something to be said about well made cars. The model 3 is not one of them. I've already had 4 SC visits for various things breaking down in just the first 2000 miles. This car will be a service expense monster because it is so new, so little testing was done, and the build quality is on the cheep side.

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
Honestly, I think as time goes on this thread will get buried and people will just give up. It’s a really poor move on Tesla’s part IMO but there’s nothing we can do outside of tweeting and emailing. The problem with that is there aren’t enough P3D- owners for them to care.
Yes there aren't many of us but if we all agree on a game plan and do something on mass, this small crowd my seem bigger if we are vocal together. So far I've email them at least once a week about it and tweet Elon every chance I get (sometimes from different accounts under different aliases). Don't know what else to do but if there are better ideas we should all agree on them and perform them in unison.

Reactions: Big City

I wouldn't get another Tesla. They threat people like crap. Maybe get something used to tie you over until the wave of new electric car offerings will come to market in a year or two. Now is not the best time to buy an electric vehicle. There is not enough competition for the cream to rise to the top. In other words the Lexus of electric cars doesn't exist today.

Is this a poem or a post? Your killing me!
Sorry, it's the only way I know to pack the current failed "Tesla Remedy" and an improved? remedy into a short space.
Cool if you think it's a poem. :)

In super-short: Tesla should have focussed on PUP, not FUSC obFUSCation. :p
But now that the obFUSCation is out there the solution is just more messy.

Anyway, anybody is welcome to take a crack at a more understandable version.

Maybe Tesla has some corporate poets who will get it? :D

PS: They Double-FUSC'd, when they should have Double-PUP'd. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) :eek:

Last edited:
Yes there aren't many of us but if we all agree on a game plan and do something on mass, this small crowd my seem bigger if we are vocal together. So far I've email them at least once a week about it and tweet Elon every chance I get (sometimes from different accounts under different aliases). Don't know what else to do but if there are better ideas we should all agree on them and perform them in unison.

I'm part of the club. And pissed too. Happy to be part of the mobilization effort

I sold my first car with 310+k miles on it, sure it needed done engine repairs but never enough to junk it.
Hopefully this will get better over time. Right now you either have a working Tesla or a pile of junk. The reason is because only Tesla can fix it, whereas you have limitless possibilities for any other car.

My Tesla's are both the best cars I've ever owned and the worst.