Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about those who’s accounts don’t show unlimited supercharging? Is Tesla granting that to everyone with performance?
Yes, for all cars purchased b4 price drop, unless you trade it for refund. But don’t expect to see it reflected in account immediately. I know it is annoying, but many of us have been assured it is set correctly to not hit charge card... even though account says pay per use. System bug. Suggest you try supercharging and confirm whether issues or not b4 getting worked up.

Yes, for all cars purchased b4 price drop, unless you trade it for refund. But don’t expect to see it reflected in account immediately. I know it is annoying, but many of us have been assured it is set correctly to not hit charge card... even though account says pay per use. System bug. Suggest you try supercharging and confirm whether issues or not b4 getting worked up.
My account still says pay per use from the Tesla website and I've been using it at least one a week since I got the car and have never been charged.

Reactions: Jtt777
I sent an email last week, no reply, I called in and was offered a check or FUSC, then they replied email. All is well on the money side of the equation.

Strongly agree with my fellow stealth owners. The obvious and annoying irony is we are probably some of the most eager to track the car. I know....first world problems. Hopefully we will see TM in the spring as it warms up again. Until then I can install the SS brake lines from MPP, the Hawk pads from EV Tuning and flush & fill with RBF in preparation.

Have a great New Year people.

Last edited:
I received an email that told me to keep an eye on the website in the coming months regarding performance updates. Not clear if it was related to track mode. I'm going to hold on upgrades, especially brakes as I don't want to upgrade aftermarket and then find out I need a package from tesla for Track Mode.

The error, the correction, both I suppose?

Neither. I wouldn't really call this an error on Tesla's part, they adjusted pricing based on demand. I don't believe they owed anyone anything but I think it was certainly the right business move to offer the refund.

This happens all the time in the dealership model. Prices can change daily. Absolutely NO ONE will receive any money back from a dealership once the paperwork is signed though!

Reactions: untilcomplete
Anyone remember when the Mustang didn't hit the HP numbers Ford promised? They ended up retrofitting performance upgrades to existing customers.
If Ford had Elon at the helm, they would have simply claimed to the customers that the Mustang is capable, just not the fuel pump, the fuel injection, or whatever other part of the car. That is exactly what Tesla did after they delivered 463hp instead of the 691hp for the P85D. Upgrade to actual 691hp was offered eventually for only ~$80K (price to trade up to P100D).

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Case closed for me. P3D Stealth. Received check.

IMO Tesla handled a misstep equitably and with class. I’ll remain a loyal customer. 3 Teslas enough for now, don’t need anything more, but maybe a new roadster in my future?!?! As if I need to go faster:D

Awesome! Still waiting for mine. Still hoping for track mode like Elon promised. I'm 10X more likely to get another Tesla this year because of this though. Just hope they do an interior refresh of the X, if not might buy a second 3.