Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Mine finally went away just in the last few days. (And I never actually took advantage of it in the interim -- silly me.)

Mine just went away this week too. :( I did use it about 3 times. Once just to ensure I knew how it worked and twice on a trip I took. Probably saved $20 total.

Luckily at work we have 50 Level 2 charging spaces and 85 Level 1 charging spaces that are free. Thank you Adobe!

-Larry

The Model 3 interior and exterior looks like a cookie cutter contemporary luxury high rise apartment. It has sleek unbroken lines and curves, clean flat surfaces and plenty of glass and natural light. It doesn't fit the legacy definition of luxury but times change and the model 3 is the new standard. Form over function.

Edit: Another comparison I think hits the mark:

Alienware (M3/Porsche)
717%2BuJKpqFL._SL1500_.jpg

Macbook Air (Model 3)
MacBook-Air-2018-Release-Date-Features-and-Price.jpg

I was thinking M3 is like the first iPhone vs. existing smartphones of the time. It looked sleeker, had only one button, but also no copy/paste function because Steve Jobs didn't think anyone should copy/paste on the phone (just like Elon doesn't think people should need physical switches to do anything).

In terms of California supercharger crowding, I expect it to go away significant after June-July when the last of the free 6 months of supercharging offered through the referral program disappear. At that point it will just be the actual road-trippers, early S/X FUSC, and apartment dwellers using the supercharge network.

My FUSC went away 2 days ago, and switched to PPU. I waited until last minute to request the $5k. At least I got some good use out of it before it went away. You will soon see at least 1 less avid consumer of FUSC off the network (I have a 1400 mile road trip coming up so I'll paying that out of pocket).

upload_2019-4-26_15-36-4.png

I've used mine about 4 times in the past 6 months. Thing was, it works if you remove your credit card. Anyone know what happens now what happens if you show up without your credit card on your Tesla account?
They charge you next time you come in for any kind of service. Now that service intervals are ambiguous, I suspect they may devise another approach. But they really do not want people to be stranded so they extend credit.

Oh well, did you use it much, prior? How long from the time of your refund request until you got the check and then lost the free SC?

Hardly at all -- the nearest supercharger is/was typically completely full dawn to dusk, and I don't do much road-tripping.

Requested refund ~12/15/18, received check ~1/5/19, received sales tax check ~3/5/19, FUSC removed from account ~4/20/19.