Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Performance Upgrade" - software only...$2k on M3, but $20k on MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he means that "cheap" means different things in different parts of the country.
I am sure there are parts that never see a Honda or a Kia for example - because every vehicle is a domestic truck.

And then in nice rich area, $35k is a cheap entry vehicle. Because no one would stoop to buying a Honda or Kia. (Or Chevy/Ford/Chrysler).

So it does depend where you live even in the US.

I think he means that "cheap" means different things in different parts of the country.
I am sure there are parts that never see a Honda or a Kia for example - because every vehicle is a domestic truck.

And then in nice rich area, $35k is a cheap entry vehicle. Because no one would stoop to buying a Honda or Kia. (Or Chevy/Ford/Chrysler).

So it does depend where you live even in the US.

I know what he meant.

Socratic method - Wikipedia

I was going to order a M3P but couldn't get over how generic they were. Everybody has them, they're the cheap entry level commuter cars cheap people buy to save money on gas, base M3 RWD. So why be part of that pack of owners, plus if/when Tesla unleashes their robo-fleet of self driving 3's, I don't want to be part of that pack either. I just bit the bullet and made it happen, I got the $$ but couldn't get over seperating it from my bank account, gave me the jitters..... but I'm so happy I did it.

The S is soooooooooooooooo luxurious and delightful. I love just sitting in it and listening to the sound system while sitting in plush comfortable seats, with the 2 screens. I just love this car! :) only had it 2 days and I didn't even drive it today

The model 3 is definitely ugly, I think the M3P is ok with the 20s and lowered suspension, but every time I see a model 3 with the 18s and aero covers I immediately think it's a Prius driver who upgraded.

Reactions: isracing