Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Performance Upgrade" - software only...$2k on M3, but $20k on MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the rear motor has indeed more power.

Yes, indeed. The model 3 seems to have the same front and rear motor for performance, the model S performance does not.

Also, a few months back, you had to buy a model S performance AND THEN pay an extra 20 K for ludicrous. So it’s actually getting cheaper.

Lastly, to go from a 3.7 second car to a 2.4 second car for 20K is a bargain no matter what type of car you are looking at.

There is more value to be had in the P3D for sure, but I don’t think that makes a P100D any less desirable, Just less accessible for people like myself...

I was going to order a M3P but couldn't get over how generic they were. Everybody has them, they're the cheap entry level commuter cars cheap people buy to save money on gas, base M3 RWD. So why be part of that pack of owners, plus if/when Tesla unleashes their robo-fleet of self driving 3's, I don't want to be part of that pack either. I just bit the bullet and made it happen, I got the $$ but couldn't get over seperating it from my bank account, gave me the jitters..... but I'm so happy I did it.

The S is soooooooooooooooo luxurious and delightful. I love just sitting in it and listening to the sound system while sitting in plush comfortable seats, with the 2 screens. I just love this car! :) only had it 2 days and I didn't even drive it today

I was going to order a M3P but couldn't get over how generic they were. Everybody has them, they're the cheap entry level commuter cars cheap people buy to save money on gas, base M3 RWD. So why be part of that pack of owners, plus if/when Tesla unleashes their robo-fleet of self driving 3's, I don't want to be part of that pack either. I just bit the bullet and made it happen, I got the $$ but couldn't get over seperating it from my bank account, gave me the jitters..... but I'm so happy I did it.

The S is soooooooooooooooo luxurious and delightful. I love just sitting in it and listening to the sound system while sitting in plush comfortable seats, with the 2 screens. I just love this car! :) only had it 2 days and I didn't even drive it today
enjoy it..I agree about the 3...I see them everywhere now and they look like a BMW or civic to me with that silly screen that sticks up

Congratulations! Yes, I’ve had my S75 RWD for two years and still love driving it every day, and it’s a poor man’s model S! After putting 150k miles on a Prius, I feel like I earned every penny of this car.

I thought that was debunked? either way, for $20k, would seem appropiate to have Performance wheels/tires/brakes/spoiler like the 3, right?
There's a different part for performance and non-performance motors. Rev-Q is non-P, rev-R is P. Some of our local hackers have gone on the record and said they can software upgrade a non-P to P if it has the right motor but that it is exceptionally rare.