Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance versus standard seats in P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a post on the difference? I played with the configurator for a "plain" P85, I can choose between performance seats versus standard seats. What is the difference between standard and performance seats in a P85.

Standard seats.PNG

performance.PNG

I took delivery of a P85+ with red contrast piping right before the new options, do I have performance seating?

If there is one thing I wish for, its better hip hugging seats in the Model S.

Yes. You have the performance seating then. I believe there is no change between the performance seating now and what was in the older P85 and P85+ cars.

They have more leather but have the same shape and contours. You should always choose "CASH" on the right side and you'll see the cost for them as well although you probably know that.

Be careful when using the design studio, as the price shown INCLUDES THE $7500 FEDERAL TAX CREDIT. It is small print and is easy to miss unless you are paying attention. You can't compare this against the MVPA from an ordered vehicle which does not include this.

I would expect Alcantara to have better grip than the smoother leather and also why it's being offered as a performance upgrade.

this car doesn't corner hard enough to make use of additional grip offered by the "performance" seat upgrade, i find it sad that they are charging $1200 for alcantara / ultra suede, the synthetic material is actually CHEAPER than Napa leather.

this car doesn't corner hard enough to make use of additional grip offered by the "performance" seat upgrade, i find it sad that they are charging $1200 for alcantara / ultra suede, the synthetic material is actually CHEAPER than Napa leather.

that means you aren't driving your car hard enough. I feel sometimes I can't corner any faster because I will slide out to the passenger side :)

I reconfigured my car order this morning. This was actually one of the biggest positives to me being able to get rid of that red piping. It's funny when I ordered the car I asked if I could avoid that and they said no. This was only a few weeks ago. I think I would have paid $1,000 to have avoided that red piping so it was nice to find out that I'd save money not getting it.

I know some people like that red piping on the interior black leather but I thought it was distracting and didn't like it.

Be careful when using the design studio, as the price shown INCLUDES THE $7500 FEDERAL TAX CREDIT. It is small print and is easy to miss unless you are paying attention. You can't compare this against the MVPA from an ordered vehicle which does not include this.
Technically, it excludes the $7,500. ;)

Or less confusingly: "The price shown reflects an assumed subtraction of the federal tax credit."

- - - Updated - - -

that means you aren't driving your car hard enough. I feel sometimes I can't corner any faster because I will slide out to the passenger side :)
I wouldn't say that, but I would agree with your general point: hard cornering definitely can slide you out of proper driving position in the S.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely no disrespect for those that have it. I just meant me personally I didn't like it.
I'm envious of your forum handle, if it reflects your (un)employment status.

I too was confused (and excited) by this option when I first saw it. Then sadly disapointed when I found out what it really meant. I love the performance seats in my wife's BMW and felt the S definitely needed some after the test drive. I'm not the size of an average 'merican though. Of course I'm not ready to buy yet either and am holding out hope this is a future option.