Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance versus standard seats in P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry, I never thought you were being disrespectful.

Ok. Great. :) You know how it is here. Sometimes words aren't taken the right way and being a "junior member" on this board I didn't want to offend anyone.

I agree with the other poster that said the $7,500 credit is really confusing on the Tesla website. I wish they would just get rid of it or maybe just get rid of it in the pricing and then put something at the end saying that people should check about the tax credit. I know it's a marketing gimmick to make the car seem cheaper than it is but I really don't think it's a good idea. Confusing at best... deceptive at worst, IMHO.

It's markerting and it's smart. That $7500 pushes the cost of even a simple "test design" over $100K which is an emotional barrier for many. Now with a quick design of a P85 you're in at 95K and thinking "Hmmm, not too shabby to get all that and still be under 100".

That being said, it bugs me too!

^ This +1000

If they came in anything other than black I would give the textile seats a serious look. I may anyway, if I can find a demo car with them.

Probably will be an "extra cost" option in 6-12 month..... along with the next round of price increases :)

(Seriously, unbundling IMO is a good thing. And the price increase has been discussed extensively here, I'm not wanting to restart that! Just a joke.)