Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs non-performance 85Kw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for your post.
I don't know the percentage of times you miss big accelerations. In my situation, I will not drive much in city, but more often on 90km/h roads and freeways. I will rarely do starts from zero km/h
I still feel I like to have perf version, perhaps because the two drive tests I have done were with perf and never with non perf. So I don't know if I really miss something if I order non perf.

thanks for your post.
I don't know the percentage of times you miss big accelerations. In my situation, I will not drive much in city, but more often on 90km/h roads and freeways. I will rarely do starts from zero km/h
I still feel I like to have perf version, perhaps because the two drive tests I have done were with perf and never with non perf. So I don't know if I really miss something if I order non perf.

How much traffic is on those roads may be the determining factor. Here in the bay area when I was young the mountain roads were really fun to drive on as there was not much traffic. Now you can find a mountain road and enjoy it for probably ten minutes maximum before running into a slower car, truck or bicyclist.

I don't live in a city either, just the roads are never particularly empty.

I still get big accelerations at 30+ and it is very very fun.

I think you were feeling the difference between earlier seats and production seats.

The real differences are the piping and alcantara. The black leather with red piping looks really good: quite a few people have upgraded just to get the red piping.

You get alcantara on the side bolsters, thigh bolsters
I believe that the bolsters are more substantial on the Performance. (I got the standard; I don't like large bolsters.) Perhaps the fellow who has both could compare the seats? It it just different fabric, or is it actually thicker bolsters?