Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs. Performance Upgrade - Confused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many people will “accidentally” order a Stealth because they did not see the box that needs to be checked to get the Performance Upgrade package.

Hahaha, I can imagine the look on their faces when taking delivery. I bet there will be a bunch of them in the inventory by way of cancellations. I know I would if they are the same price.

Hahaha, I can imagine the look on their faces when taking delivery. I bet there will be a bunch of them in the inventory by way of cancellations. I know I would if they are the same price.

I hate to be cynical, but I wonder how many people will take delivery of Stealths without realizing they are Stealths, only to find out weeks later, and then post a major rant on the forum complaining about how Tesla screwed up their order.

I hate to be cynical, but I wonder how many people will take delivery of Stealths without realizing they are Stealths, only to find out weeks later, and then post a major rant on the forum complaining about how Tesla screwed up their order.
That's not cynical, that's just an obvious statement of fact from someone who has clearly been around here for awhile.

That's not cynical, that's just an obvious statement of fact from someone who has clearly been around here for awhile.

One would think that Tesla has enough common sense to avoid this by offering “Option A Stealth” and “Option B PUP” where you have to physically check one box or the other to positively confirm you are making that choice. The way it is set up now it’s impossible to know if a non-upgraded order was intentional or just an oversight. This could get very messy. I hope someone at Tesla is thinking this through.

When the Stealth was only $2K more than the AWD it was a very good deal. In fact it was so good that when Tesla built a bunch of Stealth cars word spread so quickly that they were all gone in a very short period of time.

Now that the AWD has a $2K software boost, it would make no sense to Tesla to keep selling the Stealth for $2K more than AWD. But it seems they have gone to the opposite extreme by now selling the Stealth for the same price as the P3D+ package. So now I suspect most people will either go for full Performance, or buy the AWD and possibly add the software boost to it.

I still find it odd that Tesla is doing this. It seems like there is a market to sell the Stealths for a price that falls between the AWD+Boost and the full Performance. Having an upgrade package that cost nothing is just weird.

Agreed, it seems they want to boost the SaaS model - removing the previous +2K stealth will most likely accelerate the LR boost purchases. I'm surprised we haven't see any other upgrade options by now though.

Side note, also surprised by the lack of available store upgrades...wheels, spoilers, accessories. With so many model 3's on the road, seems to be a strong demand for customization.

thread is ridiculous - seek anger mgmt....everyone is entitled to their own opinion....mine, would never have 18's on my car, would get the full pup package (I didnt have a choice in dec20) - but if I'm buying their performance model I want all the performance features they have (incl track mode), brakes, etc. esp if the same price. You can still modify either one how you like it - I just put MPP Sport CO's on mine (awesome by the way)...and IF I bend a rim on a pothole I might (or not) get different rims (maybe bit lighter 19's with a bit more width)...to each their own, enjoy your cars!