TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Performance vs Performance+

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cobra Kai, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai Member

What is the difference between Performance and Performance+ in the Model S? And in your opinion, is it worth it?

also, what is the price difference between the two? I assume the biggest jump in cost is buying a P85 over a standard 85.

I'm getting the Model X, which I assume will also have the same option choices. We are nowhere near the ordering stage, but trying my best to prepare and get a feel on how much the extra options are going to pile up!

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The main differences are wider tires in the rear and suspension changes. Whether it is worth it or not is entirely subjective. My two cents is that if you are going to get the performance version you might as well spring for the plus because the handling is much improved. The prices show on the design studio at the Tesla Motors site.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

4. Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai Member

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize you can price out everything on the S so easily without giving out any information, etc. I have been obsessing over the X, and haven't spent much time going through the S. When I test drove the S, it was a P85+ loaded to the gills. It was great, but the sticker was about 124k!

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Comparably optioned X will be several thousand dollars more according to Elon. Additional motor, bigger car, Falcon doors.

6. Madartist

Madartist Member

A bit off topic here... It makes sense that MX will likely cost more than MS for the reasons you stated. But I missed where Elon said anything about the MX pricing yet. Do you have a reference?

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I thought Elon or someone from Tesla saying something in the past that they anticipate it costing maybe 5% more (or maybe that was just speculation here). No official pricing out yet though.