Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw on the tracker spreadsheet someone had a performance white/black in denver with config of 8/28 with a delivery date and VIN, but it has since changed to no vin or delivery date.
very possible that his VIN was pulled. On my first Model 3 my VIN was pulled the day before delivery... no reason and comms, had to wait 2 more weeks after that, was brutal.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I saw on the tracker spreadsheet someone had a performance white/black in denver with config of 8/28 with a delivery date and VIN, but it has since changed to no vin or delivery date.
Heard from a friend that someone in Denver is scheduled to receive a W/W on Tuesday from an order just last week, not sure other details. Sounds like maybe it was an existing inventory match.

LOL at some of the people on who ordered within the last 2 weeks worried about their orders. I'm going on 5.5 weeks without a single peep out of Tesla, and there are others who've been waiting longer (ordered July).

My accessories arrived so early I don't even know which ones I ordered and where I put them!

LOL at some of the people on who ordered within the last 2 weeks worried about their orders. I'm going on 5.5 weeks without a single peep out of Tesla, and there are others who've been waiting longer (ordered July).

My accessories arrived so early I don't even know which ones I ordered and where I put them!
Look at the bright side. At least you paid $1k less then the noobs.

All these stories of accidents on trade.....this is why my trade is parked in the protected garage until I get rid of it!

Mine too! I've been waiting 7 weeks and my trade-in has been quietly snuggled in the garage with only an occasional trip outside to keep the battery topped up. They asked me for an updated mileage on it a couple weeks ago, and I've hardly put anything on it.

Also, while driving from Seattle to Portland yesterday, I passed no fewer than EIGHT car carriers full of Model 3s, mostly white. My wife was trying really hard to see if any had red brake calipers, but we couldn't find any, most were Aero wheels. It's likely there were more trucks going up yesterday, as we were only on the road for the morning.

Still, no VIN or contact from Tesla. :(

There is a rumor going around that Tesla is now discounting the Model 3’s by offering free paint and interior upgrades? I take delivery tomorrow and haven’t signed anything yet, I’m tempted to call my SA and tell him I’d rather cancel take an inventory car to save $2500

Ordered 8/19
Received VIN 9/8
Scheduled deliver 9/17
Pittsburgh
Just got a text from delivery team, they said the car arrived early and I can pick it tomorrow morning 9/14. Can’t wait. I ordered White-White P3D with FSD

This is precisely what pisses everyone off. There are several people who ordered that exact car, two or more weeks before you (I’m one of them), with no VIN and no communication. What this has told us is that order date means absolutely nothing with respect to when you’ll get your car. You might get it in 2 weeks or it could be 2+ months or more. There’s no way to tell and nobody at Tesla can (or is willing to) tell you anything.

The best part is that you have no recourse and you’re just supposed to be thankful and happy if you ever DO get a message that your car is ready to pickup. And pray the car you finally do get isn’t strewn with cosmetic or mechanical defects at delivery. There are a LOT of people here who will lose their cool if they’re presented with an unacceptable car at delivery after waiting two months or more.

This is precisely what pisses everyone off. There are several people who ordered that exact car, two or more weeks before you (I’m one of them), with no VIN and no communication. What this has told us is that order date means absolutely nothing with respect to when you’ll get your car. You might get it in 2 weeks or it could be 2+ months or more. There’s no way to tell and nobody at Tesla can (or is willing to) tell you anything.

The best part is that you have no recourse and you’re just supposed to be thankful and happy if you ever DO get a message that your car is ready to pickup. And pray the car you finally do get isn’t strewn with cosmetic or mechanical defects at delivery. There are a LOT of people here who will lose their cool if they’re presented with an unacceptable car at delivery after waiting two months or more.
Whoa. I was just kidding. They told me it was delayed until next month

1b0xhnl.jpg