TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chrisedge, Apr 11, 2019.

1. dyod

dyod Member

I think it may be part of the interior? I tried a pry bar, needle nose pliers, pick tool, etc. I was able to lift the gasket and even part of the door panel but those threads are definitely stuck on something or attached somewhere. I ended up basically pulling each hair until it broke off so now it looks like a buzz cut lol. No one would notice but me at this point but I wanted to post in case someone else had this and the Tesla guy tells them it's just something you can pull out when you get home, like they told me.
    Hope everyone gets their cars soon! Good luck!

• Informative x 1
  2. SpigoT

SpigoT Member

Thanks. I’ll keep check the website no less than 50 times a day!!

• Like x 1
  3. bluefin

bluefin Member

Thanks for the update. Sweet looking ride. Congrats! You keep us So Cal guys inspired for next week!

• Like x 1
  4. Teslum8

Teslum8 Member

Received this text tonight:

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 will be exiting the factory and heading to Santa Barbara in the next few days. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all outstanding tasks within the next 48 hours. We will update you when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.”

5. Brnn

Brnn Member

Picked up my car today as well! Overall the panel gaps and paint looked good. The jambs and bottoms of the insides of the doors have good coverage too. Good steering wheel alignment. No issues with any of the glass.

I did find a few somewhat deep scratches (fingernail will catch them) and one part of the driver door on the bottom outside edge has chips, like it was opened into something. I’m sure these happened after the car rolled off the line, which is a shame. I dont think I’ll be letting it go to the Tesla body shop for fear of other damage to the otherwise good car, and I wouldn’t want a respray of the door anyway. I’m going to see if they’ll comp me a touch up kit, and I’ll fill and buff them myself (I have a DA polisher).

• Like x 1
  6. jstabbe

jstabbe Member

Same here!

7. Brian95006

Brian95006 Member

Received a text saying my P3D would be exiting the factory soon and within 24 hours and complete the tasks. I uploaded my insurance but don’t see anything else to do and no VIN to get my credit union loan going. Now what???

8. Eclipso

Eclipso Member

#3128 Eclipso, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019

Yeah, my guy said they are getting another 150 on Monday and told me not to worry even though I have gotten no texts or have no vin yet, no word on the make / model break down but you have to assume a majority of them are M3's.

9. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Member

The delivery agent told me that my M3 would arrive in Littleton on Monday.

All I got to do now is coordinate payment. The only problem is; I had them correct my MVPA and now the electronic payment information has disappeared from the website. I guess I'll call support again. At least they were very nice and helpful yesterday.

10. Phlier

Phlier Bluebird

I took them a check from my CU, and handed it to them after I had inspected the vehicle and accepted it.

11. Eclipso

Eclipso Member

Yeah, I am going to write a check after I check it out as well.

12. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

I got the same text on Monday 9/16 nothing has changed on my account and I haven't heard anything from them since. When I contacted Tesla I was told I just have to wait.

13. HelpSlipFrank

HelpSlipFrank Member

Did you have to wait for the ACH to clear before taking delivery?

14. fidke

fidke Member

Finally! VIN in source. Ordered white/black 8/12, Buena Park delivery. Hopefully I'll get a text or call soon

15. Eclipso

Eclipso Member

I have a VIN and the tentative delivery for next Wednesday!!! No MVPA yet but I am incredibly excited!!!!

• Like x 2
  16. adaboost

adaboost Member

Noticed a few new P3Ds pop up in inventory (black interior) @Fremont this morning - getting closer!

17. ausername

ausername Member

I got a text this morning with a delivery appointment in SF on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately the time won't work for me so I'm trying to call to reschedule, but nobody's answering and the voicemail box is full. Not really surprising - I'm guessing they're slammed right now.

18. ausername

ausername Member

Just got through, managed to reschedule for tomorrow afternoon!

19. Sickevo86

Sickevo86 Member

Finally, delivery set for the 24th, ordered on 7/19 modified on 8/15 and I got a text with a link to set the delivery appointment and requesting f9nal payment.

All I need to do now is ask about the two years of free supercharger

Attached Files:

20. altezza2M3P

altezza2M3P Member

VIN in source code and manage page asked for final payment. 514xxx