Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I have someone that I can email at the delivery center this wait is much less stressful. I asked about the 2 years free supercharging and he said he'd add it on as well. I didn't bother asking for the interior upgrade since I already ordered the upgraded interior prior to the promotion and the promotion didn't seem intended as a discount of pending orders. I told the person that I talked to I needed to know know for sure if the car was going to be ready Thursday because I need top take the day off to pick it up. He contacted the person in logistics who said it would be a stretch for the car to be ready to go Thursday morning. So they changed my appointment to Friday the 27th. Which will be 1 day shy of 4 weeks from my order date.

-8/31 order performance model 3 white / white full self drive
-9/22 VIN in source code
-9/23 tentative delivery appointment set for 9/26
-9/24 first contact with the delivery center, received MVPA and rescheduled tentative delivery to 9/27 for better chance that the car will be ready

Update after driving the car and got home. The steering wheel is not centered at all. Made an appointment but will try to get in sooner since it’s only 1 day after delivery. Everything else is fine. But my worst luck in Phoenix freeway, got a rock chip!!’ %{*}*}+}*!!!! so windshield has a star crack.

That’s the worst. I swear driving around here is like driving in a sandstorm...you can hear every grain of sand hit the windshield because it’s so quiet.

BTW delivery went fine last Friday, car checked out perfect. I do see variations in the window alignment and how much gap there is between the window glass and the adjacent surfaces. No biggie though. Somewhat annoyed that the frunk carpet isn’t included anymore...my Aug 9 M3 Perf black/black came with it. Wife and I haven’t raced yet lol...

Car got PPF today, tint tomorrow.

Speaking of PPF... for those of you going the PPF route like me, do yourself a favor and have them add the triangle-shaped area in front of the rear wheel wells between the wheel well and the rear doors. I read about that area picking up chips but I didn’t believe it until this past Sunday when I washed the car. Granted, the road debris in Phoenix is the worst in the country, but I’ve only had the black car for a little over 6 weeks. Do yourself a favor and ask for that extra protection.

• Helpful
Reactions: Putttt
8/9 Ordered
Long agonizing wait with tons of misinformation/txts/etc.
9/22 VIN received
9/24 Purchase Agreement received *I had to wait on hold close to 2.5 hours to get it
9/24 Funds distributed to Tesla
9/28 Scheduled for pickup

If anything goes wrong, I may check myself in for a 72 hour hold. ;) Feeling optimistic though! :)

Reactions: kunzjob
8/9 Ordered
Long agonizing wait with tons of misinformation/txts/etc.
9/22 VIN received
9/24 Purchase Agreement received *I had to wait on hold close to 2.5 hours to get it
9/24 Funds distributed to Tesla
9/28 Scheduled for pickup

If anything goes wrong, I may check myself in for a 72 hour hold. ;) Feeling optimistic though! :)

Congrats! Did the delivery schedule show up on your manage account page or did they email/text you?

That’s the worst. I swear driving around here is like driving in a sandstorm...you can hear every grain of sand hit the windshield because it’s so quiet.

BTW delivery went fine last Friday, car checked out perfect. I do see variations in the window alignment and how much gap there is between the window glass and the adjacent surfaces. No biggie though. Somewhat annoyed that the frunk carpet isn’t included anymore...my Aug 9 M3 Perf black/black came with it. Wife and I haven’t raced yet lol...

Car got PPF today, tint tomorrow.

Speaking of PPF... for those of you going the PPF route like me, do yourself a favor and have them add the triangle-shaped area in front of the rear wheel wells between the wheel well and the rear doors. I read about that area picking up chips but I didn’t believe it until this past Sunday when I washed the car. Granted, the road debris in Phoenix is the worst in the country, but I’ve only had the black car for a little over 6 weeks. Do yourself a favor and ask for that extra protection.

It will have been a week since delivery that I will have to wait until PPF. This weekend my guy is coming out for a full matte PPF. So, it should be well protected for our rock infested roads...

THIS! Happy to see other owners getting film in that area. It's a critical in relation to paint damage.

Just picked her up today! Well worth the wait!

Attachments

• CC9DC301-943F-426E-B787-413AD80D6A7E.jpeg
    CC9DC301-943F-426E-B787-413AD80D6A7E.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: bhein73 and Phlier
Well, I picked mine up a couple of hours ago! (white on white P3D)

Shockingly, this new one was MUCH better than my 3/31/19 delivery (LR AWD).

I have OCD and will notice EVERY single detail. The one I took for delivery today only had very minuscule issues (and quite frankly, the average person wouldn't even notice). Paint looks great, no gaps, etc. The carbon fiber spoiler was already on as well. Oh, and apparently they don't include carpet frunk liners anymore - oh well.

Obviously it hasn't been long (I took off from work, picked it up, and now back to work! Haha), but I'm sure I will keep looking it over later on and hopefully nothing else jumps out at me.

Process was 15 min. Since this was my 2nd one, I didn't need a tutorial, etc.

Worth the wait (ordered 8/6/19). The car is absolutely stunning!

I think we were there at the same time! Picked up our white on white performance on the 20th at 10 am as well! Small world haha

Reactions: <MACK>
7/28 - Order
8/24 - five to six week delay text
9/14 - two week delay text
9/16 - heading to Tempe text & Vin updated
9/20 - Delivery!!!

Tesla needs to get their act together, "normal" people are now purchasing their cars (like me!) - we are not fan girls/boys that know about "Elon Time" and are ok putting up with the lack of service for a $65k+ car. I realize they want to be different than the other car manufacturers, but they should at least try to adopt the customer experience and set proper expectations.

As I said before, last year we did a European Delivery for a Porsche. We picked it up in Germany, drove it around and dropped it back off at a port where we were given tracking information and kept in the loop every step of the way. Expectations were set AND met. There is no reason that Tesla can not do the same.

As for my white on white Performance Tesla, delivery went smooth with no paint chips, gap issues or other glaring errors. One of the seatbelts needs a new clip, but other than that it was perfect.

Still annoyed that we had to rent a car as their original delivery promises were broken, but flooring it takes away some of the sting. :)

And yes, this car is faster than my Porsche. :D

Took delivery of my White/White performance 3 the other day. Ordered on 8/03 to SoCal, so a bit over 7 weeks from order to delivery.

Did not notice any damage or defects on the car upon picking it up and delivery experience was very smooth. They even paid for an Uber to get me from my workplace to the delivery center.

Been amazing to drive so far. The only issue I’ve encountered is that I lose LTE signal at my workplace parking lot and upon getting in my car and driving home last night the navigation map wouldn’t show up on the screen, just blackness, even when regaining LTE signal, the map still would not show up. I had to pull over and do a soft reset of the car’s computer. I hope this isn’t a persistent issue.

Attachments

• 38213FA9-12F7-4BFF-8EC9-F53149720642.jpeg
    38213FA9-12F7-4BFF-8EC9-F53149720642.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 76
  • EB330E4C-CE22-40A8-AD36-99D4F410345A.jpeg
    EB330E4C-CE22-40A8-AD36-99D4F410345A.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 69
  • BD912257-9EE5-47A9-8669-934843B55E96.jpeg
    BD912257-9EE5-47A9-8669-934843B55E96.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 62
My pickup was easy. I didn't inspect the car with a fine tooth comb, but I gave it a good once over. I had already paid and signed the paperwork online so all I had to do was sign a couple of DMV forms at the desk. They took me out for a quick demo, which took maybe 10 minutes, and I was on my way. I spent more time waiting for someone to become available than I did actually accepting the car. (they were busy)

I've looked at the car more closely since getting it home and it still looks perfect to me. I don't see any paint issues at all (multi-coat red) and none of the panel gaps jump out at me as being off. There is a slight squeak in the steering wheel but I'm sure it'll go away soon enough. (still only have 69 miles on it, so haven't driven much)