Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from my SA. I ordered a Pearl White/White Interior P3D on 10/14 without FSD and he's expecting it to be around the first week of December. He said there might be a possibility of it being earlier, but to expect it closer to early Dec.

Everyone's getting different answers from the SA's - but in reality, SA's know very little. We'd be better off guessing.

Hahaha yeah, that's what it seems like. I mean, I'd love to go to Fremont and just say, here's a big batch of Lumpia, who wants to get the ball rolling on my P3D?

When they did pay SA's for sales (until recently), they got $100 per sale. If I was getting that, I would never even read my e-mail. Anyway, Tesla is such a tight lipped company that all the execs must have seriously strict disclosure agreements. No one says anything to anyone, even if they know something.

Last quarter we took delivery of a W/W P3D at EOQ (end of September). Until then, I was refreshing this page and the tesla account page on a daily basis looking for a VIN in the source.

In reality, unless they find a configuration match for an existing car, it seems like its pushed to EOQ to maximize deliveries. More specifically, east coast gets theirs around December 15, and deliveries literally move from east to west with CA bay area being last 25th-31st. Even more specifically (yeah I was really OCD about refreshing), you'll see exterior color batches w/black interior, followed by white interior show up on your local tesla.com inventory site.

It's a bit frustrating to wait, especially near the end, as you might see inventory vehicles show up on the east coast when you havent even gotten your VIN on the west coast. It's probably best (i.e. healthiest) to set your expectation for delivery right before new years - and if you get it sooner, it'll be a pleasant surprise!

Reactions: puppers
Last quarter we took delivery of a W/W P3D at EOQ (end of September). It's a bit frustrating to wait, especially near the end, as you might see inventory vehicles show up on the east coast when you havent even gotten your VIN on the west coast. It's probably best (i.e. healthiest) to set your expectation for delivery right before new years - and if you get it sooner, it'll be a pleasant surprise!

When did you order?

There are no inventory vehicles. What shows in inventory are cars that were either declined or the person cancelled the order after it was produced. If they save all west coast vehicles for last, there won’t be any inventory vehicles until last - late in EOQ.

What I don’t understand is why they stagger deliveries to be EOQ. Tesla never makes it through the “crunch” and it hurts sales. Also, what do the west coast delivery staff do all quarter? Nothing?

If trends holds, all the of the cars in the first portion of the quarter normally go over seas. That way while those are in transit the American ones will begin and be delivered around the same time. However Elon did say that they’re doing it slightly different. But I would say most of you will either get vin match or it will be middle of next month when it will start rolling and filling fast. Sit tight wait it’s worth it in the end. I will say most of the SA know just about as much as you do. Sometimes you find a good one or few that will do some things. I.E. back in Q2 they had a extremely low production of W/W model 3 P3Ds. Let alone all P3Ds and my SA was spot on with that. As white didn’t show up until about 2 weeks left in that quarter so I switch to grey and got my car within 3 weeks maybe 4. But it’s worth it guys.

• Informative
Reactions: Marashka
If trends holds, all the of the cars in the first portion of the quarter normally go over seas. That way while those are in transit the American ones will begin and be delivered around the same time. However Elon did say that they’re doing it slightly different. But I would say most of you will either get vin match or it will be middle of next month when it will start rolling and filling fast. Sit tight wait it’s worth it in the end. I will say most of the SA know just about as much as you do. Sometimes you find a good one or few that will do some things. I.E. back in Q2 they had a extremely low production of W/W model 3 P3Ds. Let alone all P3Ds and my SA was spot on with that. As white didn’t show up until about 2 weeks left in that quarter so I switch to grey and got my car within 3 weeks maybe 4. But it’s worth it guys.
Thanks for both the info and reassurance, Tholland. I ordered the on 10/12/2019 and am eagerly awaiting news. I'll just take a seat over here and try not check my Tesla account more than five times a day. :)