Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in SoCal and ordered on 10/18 without FSD, orientation was 11/3. Other than orientation, I've heard nothing from Tesla. Checking my account every two seconds has become a minor obsession, apparently.
I’m assuming we went to the same orientation in Carlsbad lol. Yup nothing since then. Just texts telling me to update my account. But at the orientation I was told to not do it until 12/2.

Mine called me last week, and pressured to have mine completed as well. They also said I had to have my trade re-evaluated. They would have honored the CarMax offer longer than 30 days, but unfortunately, I was less than 150 miles from the 1000 mile limit from appraisal time. Sigh.. had to go down to CarMax again. Lost 1000 in trade in value in the last 6 weeks. Dont go over that 1000 miles since you submitted the trade in!

Yeah, I was extra careful - I put 0 miles on my trade-in in the past 30 days - hopefully my re-valuation doesn't have any change, or very, very minimal. It was tough since my trade in is a particularly fun car (corvette z06) but I figured it just wasn't worth it if I put too many miles on it, or worse yet, were to get in a wreck and have no more trade-in!

I ordered a P3D+ on 10/17, the first day grey wheels were available and the wait time showed 8-10 weeks instead of the 2 weeks it had been estimating previously. I did not hear anything from Tesla until last Friday when I was contacted by a local Dallas representative to ask me if I would be willing to change my order to a P3D- I initially declined, but she said she could not guarantee a December delivery as configured. She offered a new P3D- for $1500 over the price of a LR AWD. After thinking about it I called her back and took the car. She immediately sent me the VIN and a link to see the specific car configuration and cost. The website said the car is is a pre-production performance model 3 and I confirmed with the rep it’s a new 2020 model and not existing inventory. I don’t have a firm delivery date scheduled, but was told I can expect it mid-December. Kind of hate to miss out on the new wheels, but I figured the $7000 savings from deleting the performance package plus the tax credit would give me a nice budget to add my own upgrades.

Reactions: sslack18
I ordered a P3D+ on 10/17, the first day grey wheels were available and the wait time showed 8-10 weeks instead of the 2 weeks it had been estimating previously. I did not hear anything from Tesla until last Friday when I was contacted by a local Dallas representative to ask me if I would be willing to change my order to a P3D- I initially declined, but she said she could not guarantee a December delivery as configured. She offered a new P3D- for $1500 over the price of a LR AWD. After thinking about it I called her back and took the car. She immediately sent me the VIN and a link to see the specific car configuration and cost. The website said the car is is a pre-production performance model 3 and I confirmed with the rep it’s a new 2020 model and not existing inventory. I don’t have a firm delivery date scheduled, but was told I can expect it mid-December. Kind of hate to miss out on the new wheels, but I figured the $7000 savings from deleting the performance package plus the tax credit would give me a nice budget to add my own upgrades.

Considering the website currently promises orders submitted today will get delivery by the end of December, sounds like she blew smoke up your ass.

I ordered 10/2, white/black with FSD. Have gotten several “looks like vins are getting assigned” emails from my SA, The last being on the 12th when he asked me to upload proof of insurance (just a picture of the insurance I have on my other car). The orientation invite was sometime at the beginning of the month...I didn’t waste my time. There’s no correlation between orientation or profile completion and vin assignment. I also seriously doubt there’s any priority assignments to those with completed profiles. I think upper management is just trying to cut down on the time between when the car shows up to the showroom, and the time it leaves with the new owner (less time finishing profiles on delivery day, and less time showing people how the car works).

I’m sure we’ll start seeing vins next week for the east coast, with deliveries starting mid December.

My original car was a just a plain white exterior / black interior M3 performance with no FSD. The day I ordered it the grey 20” wheels were included. The new car is also a white/black performance without the wheels, brakes spoiler etc. I did have the the option add the regular 19” sport wheels to the new car (for the regular upgrade price of $1500). I added the 19 inch wheels to see how it rides and performs compared to the car I test drove with 20s. The whole thing is kinda weird and makes me think maybe Tesla is going to start unbundling the performance package from the performance trim like when the performance model was first released.

Haha. I just got the same email. I do hope she's wrong and everyone gets their cars in December. I don’t know what the motivation for Tesla would be to down sell my purchase though. One reason for the post is to see if anyone else was contacted to change their order. Regardless I’m pretty happy with the the configuration, price and to have a VIN right now.

• Disagree
Reactions: PoeTe$la
Considering the website currently promises orders submitted today will get delivery by the end of December, sounds like she blew smoke up your ass.

I ordered 10/2, white/black with FSD. Have gotten several “looks like vins are getting assigned” emails from my SA, The last being on the 12th when he asked me to upload proof of insurance (just a picture of the insurance I have on my other car). The orientation invite was sometime at the beginning of the month...I didn’t waste my time. There’s no correlation between orientation or profile completion and vin assignment. I also seriously doubt there’s any priority assignments to those with completed profiles. I think upper management is just trying to cut down on the time between when the car shows up to the showroom, and the time it leaves with the new owner (less time finishing profiles on delivery day, and less time showing people how the car works).

I’m sure we’ll start seeing vins next week for the east coast, with deliveries starting mid December.
I agree. Why would me not filling out my profile delay vin assignment when it literally would take minutes to complete when after the vin is assigned.