Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys and gals, just got a text that said

Hello (my name), Your vehicle is currently in production. Once it's been completed we will be send you a text to schedule your delivery appointment. Thank you and Congratulations!

Yeeee anyone else? Did anyone who received their already get this, and if so, how long until you got your VIN?

11/10 Order, Fremont CA
MSM, Black Int, FSD

Last edited:
YMMV, but could be worth it to try Tesla's financing. Actually got a better rate than my CU and it may save you some time/headache.

Yea, I’ve heard of people changing to Tesla’s to speed up process because their CU was taking too long.

For what it’s worth, check out EECU. (www.myeecu.org), they locked me in for 90 days at 1.99% for 72 months. Can’t be beat. $20 to join. It does take a few days to get your membership up and running so I’d jump on it.

Reactions: SoCalMike
Nothing over here....uuuuurgh

Kristina, try calling Fremont and bugging your SA? That or open up chat (it’ll pop up when searching new inventory) and provide name, RN and location and have them relay that to the delivery team for an update. I did that yesterday evening they said they’ll have delivery team contact today, not sure if that helped or not tbh but for what it’s worth.

Reactions: Kristina
Wow I love this car. Hoping everyone still waiting gets their soon! The wait is totally worth it.

Attachments

• 1666105D-8036-4EC9-A3E9-57EC09C93667.jpeg
    1666105D-8036-4EC9-A3E9-57EC09C93667.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 76

Hello (my name), Your vehicle is currently in production. Once it's been completed we will be send you a text to schedule your delivery appointment. Thank you and Congratulations!

Yeeee anyone else? Did anyone who received their already get this, and if so, how long until you got your VIN?

11/10 Order, Fremont CA
MSM, Black Int, FSD
Nada for me! :(

11/10 Order, Fremont CA
MSM, Black Int, FSD

I ordered on 11/6 that's my same build except for non fsd! did not receive a text here :(

Nothing over here....uuuuurgh

you and I both :( lol

Yea, I’ve heard of people changing to Tesla’s to speed up process because their CU was taking too long.

For what it’s worth, check out EECU. (www.myeecu.org), they locked me in for 90 days at 1.99% for 72 months. Can’t be beat. $20 to join. It does take a few days to get your membership up and running so I’d jump on it.

My loan is from MyEECU as well. Got the 1.99 APR - hard to beat!

Nada for me! :(

me 2 lol :(

Well, it is about 11:15 am. My delivery is scheduled for 1:00 pm.
I'm excited and a little anxious.
I'd planned to have all the funds sent before now ACH to Tesla, just walk in, sign a few places, be introduced to the car and be done.
However, Wednesday, I got a text that I needed to pick up the car Friday or Saturday - Schedule for these days or we will schedule for you.
I am happy to get the car now, please do not misunderstand. However, A little more warning would have been helpful.
The Honda Pilot needed to go but there was not time to advertise it so I shopped it around to dealerships. There was a $4,300 range in prices offered, I took the high offer and took those funds to my bank. My bank said, no problem, you can have the funds 5 business days from now because it was a large deposit. So I went to the bank the check was written on - same thing. They would not cash it or produce a Cashiers Check to Tesla from those funds - Same thing as my bank - We are going to hold the funds for 5 business day - it will be available December 26th. No cash, no anything.
That bank suggested I return to the buyer of my Pilot, a business, and have them wire the money to my bank account - the funds would be immediately available. I went to that business, they told me there is nothing they can do - they did not have a means to wire money to me.
Much stress on me, I felt pretty much SCREWED.
I called Park Meadows, it was my SA's day off. The person that answered the phone said there was nothing they could do but he put me on hold to talk with his manager. He came back on the line and restated that I was SCREWED, of course he did not put it that way. We continued to talk, he put me on hold again and after a long wait, he said he and his manager had conferenced with three other people and they would make allowance for my situation. Go ahead and keep your delivery appointment.
So today I am going under the cloud of this non-standard transaction to South Broadway with the idea that the people at Park Meadows are correct. As I said, I expected I would have everything done by ACH before I ever left my home - but banking policies and Tesla's short notice put me in a though situation.
So, excitingly and anxiously, I will meet for my scheduled appointment.
Oh, yes, I decided to drive there instead of taking UBER.
I'll let everyone know what happens!
Life is never dull!
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: sslack18
Just got my MVPA and delivery is set for the 22nd in Costa Mesa. I did finance with EECU for 72 months @ 1.99 and they said they would take care of everything electronically and have me set by delivery. It looks like changing delivery from fremont factory to costa mesa does speed things up. For reference: 10/14 order date white/white to fremont factory, later changed to costa mesa delivery.

Just got my MVPA and delivery is set for the 22nd in Costa Mesa. I did finance with EECU for 72 months @ 1.99 and they said they would take care of everything electronically and have me set by delivery. It looks like changing delivery from fremont factory to costa mesa does speed things up. For reference: 10/14 order date white/white to fremont factory, later changed to costa mesa delivery.

Congrats! When did you change your location to Costa Mesa?

When we showed up to pick up ours we discovered that the numbers that had been showing on the website were no longer there and instead they were expecting $5000 cash at delivery. As recently as the day before Tesla employees had told us over the phone when they called to confirm our appointment that the total due was around $500 in fees.

Although we were capable of giving them the unexpected $5k I really did not want to. We ended up delaying our delivery by about four hours while fighting with Tesla and US Bank. We ended up compromising at $2500 but the whole thing pretty well ruined the day for my wife. Just an absolute disaster including putting the wrong license plate on the car (somebody else's temp plate and registration in our paperwork).

I used their financing to try to remove the complications of dealing with third parties but they still managed to hose it up. Every car I have ever financed has been 100% LTV so everything seemed completely fine until the paperwork signing started. Many (most?) people would not be able to come up with $5k on such short notice when they won't take credit cards for it, their attention to detail is astonishingly poor.

When we showed up to pick up ours we discovered that the numbers that had been showing on the website were no longer there and instead they were expecting $5000 cash at delivery. As recently as the day before Tesla employees had told us over the phone when they called to confirm our appointment that the total due was around $500 in fees.

Although we were capable of giving them the unexpected $5k I really did not want to. We ended up delaying our delivery by about four hours while fighting with Tesla and US Bank. We ended up compromising at $2500 but the whole thing pretty well ruined the day for my wife. Just an absolute disaster including putting the wrong license plate on the car (somebody else's temp plate and registration in our paperwork).

I used their financing to try to remove the complications of dealing with third parties but they still managed to hose it up. Every car I have ever financed has been 100% LTV so everything seemed completely fine until the paperwork signing started. Many (most?) people would not be able to come up with $5k on such short notice when they won't take credit cards for it, their attention to detail is astonishingly poor.
I fear this same thing happening to me...my financing details have changed multiple times in my account. So I’m afraid I’ll show up and they’ll ask for some monster payment and I’ll be too amped up to get the car that I’ll pay it...

I fear this same thing happening to me...my financing details have changed multiple times in my account. So I’m afraid I’ll show up and they’ll ask for some monster payment and I’ll be too amped up to get the car that I’ll pay it...

Ultimately the price of the car and the rate didn't change its just how I'm paying for it. I had no plans to burn $5k when I showed up and it's extremely obnoxious to have that sprung on you. Walking would have cost me the tax credit, and because I was going to be on a plane less than 24 hours from my delivery appointment I had no time to use my normal financing route (PenFed) as they operate with mailed checks. They left me basically no options, and for no good reason - They get the same cash either way. Just absolutely pointless drama.

I haven't even driven the damn thing yet insure hope this is worth it.

Long time lurker, first time posting here.

Los Angeles
Ordered 12/11
No VIN yet, but my SA said I was slated to be matched next week.

So far from the delivery pictures I’ve seen, it appears Tesla is shipping out P3D’s with spoilers and badges installed. Can anyone comment on the spoiler fitment? I believe in the past the main complaint was the far left and right edges were raised and not touching the trunk. Has this improved?