Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DANG same day delivery? Must be nice
giphy.gif

So spoke with DC again today... now sorry 623XXX is in preproduction as opposed to ”waiting for transport” :mad:

Found out they have my config sitting at the DC just without FSD but I would have to pay the price increase (not going to happen and shouldn’t hard to fix.) WTF on so many levels.

Proceeded to talk with someone at corporate who tried to tell me that I can’t have that one matched to my order because that’s “inventory” car and mine is a “custom order”... seriously the stupidity is baffling, literally baffling... unless she personally engraved it for me, it’s a car.

Spoke with the manager and it boils down to he can’t make the price adjustment on his end and has done at the sales/dc level... call them and tell that I spoke with him and they can make the adjustment match me to the car and off I drive.

Call the sales guy. Doesn’t know how to do that. Tells me to call back and hit option 4 and hangs up on me. DC says they don’t know how to do that and can’t guarantee that it will go thru. Ill have to pay the increase.... and around we go.

So anyway... vin 640823 is sitting at Costa Mesa awaiting someone to click buy a take it same day while my 10/16 order is maybe in preproduction maybe not. No delivery set. text no vin on page

Unf***ing believable. This is hands down one of the dumbest and most aggravating transactions I’ve ever dealt with in my life.

So spoke with DC again today... now sorry 623XXX is in preproduction as opposed to ”waiting for transport” :mad:

Found out they have my config sitting at the DC just without FSD but I would have to pay the price increase (not going to happen and shouldn’t hard to fix.) WTF on so many levels.

Proceeded to talk with someone at corporate who tried to tell me that I can’t have that one matched to my order because that’s “inventory” car and mine is a “custom order”... seriously the stupidity is baffling, literally baffling... unless she personally engraved it for me, it’s a car.

Spoke with the manager and it boils down to he can’t make the price adjustment on his end and has done at the sales/dc level... call them and tell that I spoke with him and they can make the adjustment match me to the car and off I drive.

Call the sales guy. Doesn’t know how to do that. Tells me to call back and hit option 4 and hangs up on me. DC says they don’t know how to do that and can’t guarantee that it will go thru. Ill have to pay the increase.... and around we go.

So anyway... vin 640823 is sitting at Costa Mesa awaiting someone to click buy a take it same day while my 10/16 order is maybe in preproduction maybe not. No delivery set. text no vin on page

Unf***ing believable. This is hands down one of the dumbest and most aggravating transactions I’ve ever dealt with in my life.

Hmmm...

There really is no reason why they can’t assign another VIN to your order. So it boils down to one of two things: 1) They don’t know how, or 2) They just don’t want to.

I had a similar problem at Costa Mesa. There are two people who can resolve this problem for you (if they want to): Erin Carlson (Costa Mesa Associate Delivery Manager), and Adam Roda, General Manager at Tesla Newport Beach.

If you could get the two of them on them phone they could probably figure this out...that is if you can get them on the phone before someone else buys that VIN.

I can feel your frustration though. Yikes.

Reactions: MattAndLou
Hmmm...

There really is no reason why they can’t assign another VIN to your order. So it boils down to one of two things: 1) They don’t know how, or 2) They just don’t want to.

I had a similar problem at Costa Mesa. There are two people who can resolve this problem for you (if they want to): Erin Carlson (Costa Mesa Associate Delivery Manager), and Adam Roda, General Manager at Tesla Newport Beach.

If you could get the two of them on them phone they could probably figure this out...that is if you can get them on the phone before someone else buys that VIN.

Thanks for the contacts. Will try again tomorrow. I spoke with an Adam today, unfortunately didn’t seem like the right Adam.

Totally with you! We must be a pair of rocket scientists. Take the current VIN off my order... put this VIN on the order. Problem solved.

They definitely can match me to the VIN right away. They just don’t think they can get me back to my ordered price and yet somehow think that’s an acceptable solution.

Coincidentally, the reason no one has tried to match me to this car on their own is because now that it’s more expensive it’s somehow a different car.

It is a great day today! Not one issue I could find or bitch about. Amazing staff at the Marina Del Rey DC!

Wishing a smooth and quick delivery for all who are still waiting!

View attachment 493083 View attachment 493084 View attachment 493085

Congrats! I can’t wait to pick up mine, but I might have to push back my delivery to Monday or Tuesday. Question about the Marina Del Rey DC since I’m picking up from there as well - are the cars kept indoors or outdoors? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm...

That VIN is ready to go and not preproduction right? The existing inventory can be misleading as many of those aren’t actually built yet...