Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have picked up a Model 3 Performance recently (or any model with Premium interior): Does your car / account have Premium Connectivity trial for 1 year? Mine didn’t & I’m having a very hard time trying to get this resolved (support is telling me that my configuration doesn’t come with any Premium Connectivity trial, which is inconsistent with the info that’s on their website).

I picked mine up last night and drove it home 349 miles without premium connectivity. When I logged into my home wifi this morning before work (I didn't set it up late last night when I got home) it loaded premium connectivity effective for one year today.

@WarEagleX I was supposed to pick up my car tomorrow from Alpharetta. Got the call today that there was a delay with delivery truck in Alabama. Now schedule for this Sunday! They are playing with my heart now......How did pickup go at Alpharetta? Did they go over features with you and how long did your pickup last? Thanks, glad you're enjoying the new ride!

My delivery date has been set for 2/11, ordered on 1/15. That is just under 4 weeks from order to delivery, a whole lot less than the 8-10 weeks I was originally quoted. Nice.

Ended up coming in even earlier. Was available for pickup on 2/8, but I was out of town so picked up on 2/9. Pretty happy with it so far. The fit and finish is every bit as nice as my 2016 Model S. It’s obviously not quite as fast, but feels more nimble and handles better. Don’t really miss any of the features I had before that the Model 3 doesn’t have so far.

• Helpful
Reactions: en_passant
@WarEagleX I was supposed to pick up my car tomorrow from Alpharetta. Got the call today that there was a delay with delivery truck in Alabama. Now schedule for this Sunday! They are playing with my heart now......How did pickup go at Alpharetta? Did they go over features with you and how long did your pickup last? Thanks, glad you're enjoying the new ride!

I just did my pickup in Alpharetta on 2/9. It took about 30 minutes probably, but 1/2 of that was waiting on them to get the floor mats in the car and charge it up a little bit. It was only about 60% charged when I left with it. The paperwork was only about 5 minutes, but I’d already done as much as I could online. The orientation part lasted about 5 - 10 minutes. I had previously owned a Model S so they probably gave me the abbreviated version and stuck to showing me things that were different about the Model 3.

was supposed to pick up my car Thursday night at 6pm. Got a call Thursday morning saying there was a delay in delivery. Rescheduled for Sunday at 1pm. Got the call today (Friday) saying there was another delay and bumped me to Monday at 5pm......man, very frustrating!

was supposed to pick up my car Thursday night at 6pm. Got a call Thursday morning saying there was a delay in delivery. Rescheduled for Sunday at 1pm. Got the call today (Friday) saying there was another delay and bumped me to Monday at 5pm......man, very frustrating!
I had a similar experience this week...was originally scheduled for Wednesday in Nashville. I got a text on Monday saying "We are planning on hosting your Tesla Delivery on 2/12 at 12pm.." So, naturally, I got a one-way rental and drove up Tuesday night. Randomly checking my email later that night, I saw that someone from the Nashville location had emailed a few hours earlier to tell me they were rescheduling me to Friday, the 14th. The next morning, I went by and spoke with someone who was super helpful. She showed me that the actual 'commit' date from the carrier is the 16th. She could show that my car had arrived in Birmingham, AL a few days ago, but was still awaiting a truck to load it and deliver it to Nashville. So, I got another rental "local this time" and headed back to Huntsville. Then, on Thursday afternoon, I got a call from my Delivery Adviser saying the car was finally on a truck and that it would indeed be delivered tomorrow, Friday.

I showed up Friday an hour early and spotted my car (only Midnight Silver Metallic Performance in sight) as I pulled onto the lot. The whole process from that point was smooth. They even took care of getting my rental returned for me, saving me the back and forth hassle. Only small issue was that my Premium Connectivity wasn't working right away. It finally started working late last night. All in all, I think my delivery went pretty well. My wife attributes the delay to all the rain and flooding we'd had in the area earlier in the week. I'm not sure about how things were in Birmingham, but I know some area schools were either closed or on delays a few times this week. May have made it difficult for the delivery driver to get to the lot to pick up his/her load. Just some wild speculation though.

Now it's 4 weeks since we placed our order, Jan 19th. The site still says delivery 8 to 10 weeks from order date, so we're now at 4 to 6 weeks. I went back on the order section of the site, and if I place another order today, the expected delivery is... yep, 4 to 6 weeks. :rolleyes: