Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In hindsight, the wait does goes by rather quickly. In the meantime, prep for its arrival -consider looking into & picking up some accessories (@ home charging options [wall connector or 240 outlet], wireless phone charger, TeslaCam storage, all-weather mats, screen protector, center console overlay, detailing supplies, ppf install, tint, etc, etc, etc.).

I ordered in Mid/Late Jan an AWD Blue/White, however early Feb I had them change it to a Performance Blue/White with PUP.

Just got this with one modification:

PimpMaster,
I wanted to let you know that according to our factory production your configuration is going into production next week and therefore we are projecting your VIN to be assigned at that point! As long as it finishes being built next week, I believe we should have your Model 3 here and ready for delivery mid-late March; I will keep you updated as it moves so we can schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Are there any dates in March, though, that you would be unavailable to take delivery?

I ordered in Mid/Late Jan an AWD Blue/White, however early Feb I had them change it to a Performance Blue/White with PUP.

Just got this with one modification:

PimpMaster,
I wanted to let you know that according to our factory production your configuration is going into production next week and therefore we are projecting your VIN to be assigned at that point! As long as it finishes being built next week, I believe we should have your Model 3 here and ready for delivery mid-late March; I will keep you updated as it moves so we can schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Are there any dates in March, though, that you would be unavailable to take delivery?
I can't really take you serious because of your email? Lol. But if thats true, and you do get vin assign next week, you should be expecting delivery a week or two after that . So thats like early March about so. I ordered a my Performance on Feb 4th, so if you did change your config at that time, hopefully the performance are being made.

For what it's worth, my SA text me again today for my weekly update. He said still no VIN showing for me (ordered Jan 8th) but some of his other customers have gotten their VIN's recently and he doesn't expect it to be much longer before mine shows up. I didn't feel like bugging him, so I didn't ask for more details, like what trim and when did they order. Just feeling good it's getting closer. He has told me for weeks to plan on around early March though.

I’m jealous of all of you that get weekly updates. I ordered my P3D Dec 4th. Got a call from my SA a couple days later explaining to me that the 2-3 week wait will most likely turn into a March delivery. I’m out here in Hawaii so I’m not going to even hold my breath for a March delivery lol. On top of that I still have to fly to Oahu and pay to ship my car because We don’t have a delivery center here on Maui :( According to my SA Tesla stopped outer island deliveries back in October. Teslanxiety is real. It’ll be worth it in the end though!

Last quarter i bought a model 3 AWD .. ordered at the beggining of the quarter (oct) -- and it was delivered in december (1st week of dec).

-- this quarter i ordered a Performance Model 3 -- in the middle of the quater (feb 11) -- and i expect it to be delivered sometime in march.

until Tesla can spread global production to multiple factories around the world, its going to be this way -- most NA orders get flled in the last month of the quater -- and almost everyone will get their car in the quarter to make numbers for investors.

sit tight -- your car is coming .. in march most likely..

order # does not matter .. what matters is region, last quarter tesla deliveries began from furthest places from fremont (east coast) and moved westward.

I’m jealous of all of you that get weekly updates. I ordered my P3D Dec 4th. Got a call from my SA a couple days later explaining to me that the 2-3 week wait will most likely turn into a March delivery. I’m out here in Hawaii so I’m not going to even hold my breath for a March delivery lol. On top of that I still have to fly to Oahu and pay to ship my car because We don’t have a delivery center here on Maui :( According to my SA Tesla stopped outer island deliveries back in October. Teslanxiety is real. It’ll be worth it in the end though!

tesla has a huge incentive to deliver in march to you -- their quarterly numbers. i think you'll get your car.

until Tesla can spread global production to multiple factories around the world, its going to be this way -- most NA orders get flled in the last month of the quater -- and almost everyone will get their car in the quarter to make numbers for investors.

order # does not matter .. what matters is region, last quarter tesla deliveries began from furthest places from fremont (east coast) and moved westward.
Last quarter i bought a model 3 AWD .. ordered at the beggining of the quarter (oct) -- and it was delivered in december (1st week of dec).

-- this quarter i ordered a Performance Model 3 -- in the middle of the quater (feb 11) -- and i expect it to be delivered sometime in march.

nice! Good info. My expected delivery puts me month of march. Ordered 1/18, got a text 1/24 for expected delivery 5-9 weeks.

I feel ya Dre, but at least you are on a gorgeous island while many of us are trudging along in dirty snow runoff, salt, and gravel yuck :)

I was on the Big Island a couple months ago driving circles around the parking lot on my onewheel while my wife and in-law shopped. I kept looping around this guy sitting in a Model 3, knowing I was about to order one, it stood out haha. I was also surprised to see one on the Island, so after about the fourth lap I stopped to say hi. He said it was his wife's car but he likes to drive it. He just didn't like how there wasn't much for fast charging. I didn't know there was a Tesla store in Oahu at the time so I was thinking he shipped it privately from Cali. Good news for you, you don't have to do that. We love visiting Hawaii, we might see you drive by in your new Tesla one day; believe me, I notice each time I see one. ;)