Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a Black Performance with all black interior last week. Thought I'd managed to bag one from the Inventory, but it looks like I missed the boat.

Really excited, as I downsized from an M3 to a Suzuki Swift 3 years ago because the area where I was working, and the car attracting some pretty unsavoury attention.

I'm going to play on the fart app before I do any driving though.

Hahaha! That's the exact car I ordered

Really wonder how the VINs get assigned.

I got my VIN in source today able to make payment No VIN on actual main page yet.

Called my service center in Costa Mesa this afternoon and the car is apparently sitting on the lot already so I scheduled delivery for tomorrow 3/9.

Which means my VIN was not assigned when the car was produced only when it finally arrived at the delivery center

Total time from order date 2/14 to delivery 3/9 will be 24 days

Reactions: Jbuckz
Really wonder how the VINs get assigned.

I got my VIN in source today able to make payment No VIN on actual main page yet.

Called my service center in Costa Mesa this afternoon and the car is apparently sitting on the lot already so I scheduled delivery for tomorrow 3/9.

Which means my VIN was not assigned when the car was produced only when it finally arrived at the delivery center

Total time from order date 2/14 to delivery 3/9 will be 24 days

That is great news! It could be that someone backed out of their purchase so they reassigned the car to you? According to the posted on this forum most people find the VIN before the car is shipped.

Nice!! Have you looked at the red decal for the Tesla logo and dethroning etc..? I think it looks really good :)

I'm planning to "chrome delete" it, plus I'm going to either power coat the wheels glossy black or purchase new glossy black wheels...those are my plans when I first get it, I might get lowering springs in the near future. I'll be sure to post photos when I make these changes.

Went to my orientation today in Nashville. I was the only one there who ordered a Performance. I asked the SA if anyone else has gotten their Performance VIN yet and she said that she hasn't seen one yet, but hopefully this week they'll start rolling them out. Nashville did have 20 deliveries today of LR today though. Was hard to see people picking up their cars but their happiness as I watched them drive away is keeping me going through this wait.

Blue Performance w/ black interior, FSD

Ordered M3P MSM w/ white interior FSD on 12/4 and still no Vin in source code. Been holding off from annoying my SA for an update, but I feel i'm at my breaking point lol. I got all my accessories just teasing me in the corner of my room. The joys of living in Hawaii, we get everything last. I'll give it another week till I call.

Ordered M3P MSM w/ white interior FSD on 12/4 and still no Vin in source code. Been holding off from annoying my SA for an update, but I feel i'm at my breaking point lol. I got all my accessories just teasing me in the corner of my room. The joys of living in Hawaii, we get everything last. I'll give it another week till I call.

Wow, that's some patience right there! Here's to hoping we hear back something soon!

My work computer VPN was giving an East Coast USA location this morning, so I noticed that this estimated delivery timing for Model 3s has slipped to 8-12 weeks for a new order placed today, while at least California is still at 2-3 weeks. So that's consistent with a Q1 delivery for [all?] California ZIPs, then the cutoff gets murky beyond that point.

CnZWfsd.png

zIglVcl.png

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I’m in the same spot. My SA sees the same VIN but said it isn’t mine until it displays in my account. Anybody know the average time from source to MVPA? I know others report the MVPA appears before the VIN in some cases.

For those who have received their VIN, when does the MVPA typically show up on your account. Do they also provide a link to remit payment. I have my VIN and have supplied all needed data, but it just says that my contract is being prepared....

Thanks,