Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I finally had a chance to drive the car. Let me just say the quality has improved over my two prior Teslas. There were no major fit and finish problems, no major paint issues. I can only note two things that I would like to get checked out (one of the panel is loose on the rear door pocket) and alignment. Does Tesla still have the due bill email that we have to send them to?

As far as the drive, the car is solid. There are some occasional rattles, wind noise, road noise that comes at various times, honestly they come and go. It's pretty crazy how random they are. The ride and noise level are nothing like my X, but it is sure more efficient and way way faster. I am clocking about 30-40% more efficient on the M3 than the MX.

Red/White Performance.....Trucker just called. He is on his way from Scottsdale. No word from Tesla, only the trucker carrying the car. I prefer that. It's one of those times we savor once knowing the car is in transit and be here in 8-14 hours. Ordered 12-28 live in New Mexico. I still have nightmares it will not have hardware 3. What then? I sold my last one cause it did not have HW3. Somebody please make me feel better, assure me, and I stop worrying about this?

Reactions: karmamule
Okay I finally had a chance to drive the car. Let me just say the quality has improved over my two prior Teslas. There were no major fit and finish problems, no major paint issues. I can only note two things that I would like to get checked out (one of the panel is loose on the rear door pocket) and alignment. Does Tesla still have the due bill email that we have to send them to?

As far as the drive, the car is solid. There are some occasional rattles, wind noise, road noise that comes at various times, honestly they come and go. It's pretty crazy how random they are. The ride and noise level are nothing like my X, but it is sure more efficient and way way faster. I am clocking about 30-40% more efficient on the M3 than the MX.

Do you have HW3?

Well worth the wait! The drive home from the delivery center was the most fun I’ve had on the 5 in ages. Good luck to those of you still waiting. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I already am!
3CF38567-180E-41AE-B102-37BC48ADC8AA.jpeg

I took delivery yesterday of my white/white P+ a day early, as they had it ready to go.
Ordered 2/16, VIN appeared 3/10, and delivered 3/12, so not bad.

Delivery was very easy, with all paperwork taking less than 10 minutes to complete.
How could anyone go back to a dealer franchise, with the post-sale hard-sell by the finance manager?

The only quality problem is the misalignment of some body panels, causing it not to be flush with neighboring panels.
Worst is the fitment of the hood, which sits higher on the driver side. It should be a simple fix.

IMG_0448 (1).jpeg

The performance is just as I remembered it; simply better than any car I’ve ever driven.
I’m looking forward to a long ownership experience.

I took delivery yesterday of my white/white P+ a day early, as they had it ready to go.
Ordered 2/16, VIN appeared 3/10, and delivered 3/12, so not bad.

Delivery was very easy, with all paperwork taking less than 10 minutes to complete.
How could anyone go back to a dealer franchise, with the post-sale hard-sell by the finance manager?

The only quality problem is the misalignment of some body panels, causing it not to be flush with neighboring panels.
Worst is the fitment of the hood, which sits higher on the driver side. It should be a simple fix.

View attachment 521561

The performance is just as I remembered it; simply better than any car I’ve ever driven.
I’m looking forward to a long ownership experience.
Please tell me they aren't drilling the front plate in CA. I would be devastated.

I order on December 25th. Red/White.

There are 3 Performance orders after mine in UT on the Teslike tracking sheet. One of which has been fulfilled but I suspect that was an inventory car. I was just hoping we would be seeing a lot more going out. I researched this car for a long time before I ordered. I kept reading orders went East to West but they seem to just be all over the place. With that said I am just way confused why mine is taking so long. I know others have waited longer in the last few months but still frustrating.

I should note that my SA is responsive. I don't bug him a lot because I know he doesn't know much more than I do until there is a VIN. He did say he heard I should have my car by next week. To be honest I'm taking that with a grain of salt because he thought I would have my car mid February and that didn't happen.

This doesn't fill me with confidence. I've been saving for a while now and I pulled the trigger on a red/white performance+ last week. I was really hoping that I'd get the car by the end of the month because of their production schedule and the end of the quarter push. While I still remain hopeful, this makes me think that I won't get my car for a month or two. Everything will be ok either way, but I really want this car as soon as possible! I've been dreaming about it since the model S came out and now I can actually afford it!

Here's hoping you're wrong and we get the car sooner rather than later!

Reactions: lUtriaNt