Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding non contact delivery...we're picking ours up Saturday and the Tesla employee pretty much told us to expect the same thing. Hand over paper work, get the keys, go about your business. He said "We will not touch your car". Strange times indeed and I'll miss the pomp and circumstance that usually comes with a new car pickup.

So weird- I am scheduled to PU next week in DFW. So far I'm told everything is on track however with the Stay Home Order in CA and what the TX Gov is likely to announce today, who knows that will happen. I'll be ok w non-contact delivery so long as any issues that are detected post-delivery can be rectified. Strange times.

I picked up Gazelle yesterday, she’s awesome. Two days early and this is how it worked: Tesla host called to confirm noon appt. and said car would be parked up front with paperwork highlighted in the car. Fill it out put folder on table by front doors and host will verify paperwork. If all is good she gives thumbs up and good to go. Non contact delivery. Strange days all.

When did you order? I'm waiting for my white/black LR AWD. Ordered Jan 23 and still no VIN.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Like others I was wondering if the latest developments would delay delivery for me in the Boston area. Just called the Dedham Tesla location and they confirmed my new M3P is currently passing thru Indianapolis and on-track for either Friday or Saturday delivery, so my Monday appointment is still a go! Breathing a big happy sigh of relief. :)

Covid what? Just got home a little bit ago. Wow! Every stoplight is like a rollercoaster ride!

XCBqJs3nR0uI69QrEt1HEA.jpg

I'm in Miami. So today, I was finally able to see a Deep Blue Metallic M3P. Wow, looks amazing. So, in a sudden change of heart, I reached out to my SA and he was able to transfer my current order (Pearl White / Black Interior) which was scheduled to arrive 03/24 to another Performance Model in Deep Blue Metallic. Best part, he was able to just swap VIN # so I didn't lose my order fee. Only downside is that the Deep Blue Metallic was scheduled to be delivered 3 days after so, 03/27. Both models were with black interior, PUP and no FSD.

You might get lucky. I ordered Blue/Black and was told yesterday that my ordered will probably get moved up since they found another car coming in with my config tomorrow. If it’s cleared original car getting delivered on the 25th in Orlando might end up being yours.

You might get lucky. I ordered Blue/Black and was told yesterday that my ordered will probably get moved up since they found another car coming in with my config tomorrow. If it’s cleared original car getting delivered on the 25th in Orlando might end up being yours.

Actually that blue on black might end up being my original order I cancelled. I cancelled it yesterday due to a red multi coat becoming available. I'm set for delivery this morning at 11:00am.

3 days with the car. Not a full review but just some things I wanted to mention. All of these are directly related to my expectations based on what other people have talked about on these forums and others:

1. Car is completely buttoned down. No rattles at all. Feels extremely solid mechanically as well.
2. Some small cosmetic issues but overall better than expected.
3. Cabin noise is a total non issue. After everyone talking about how loud the Model 3 was I was expecting worse. It's ever so slightly quieter than my last Acura was if you removed the ICE from it.

If you were stressing about the quality of the car after this long wait I hope this post helps.

can you elaborate on #2?

Sure, there were 2 tiny paint blemishes. The only one that I cared about was on the rear trunk lid. There is small damage to the paint and it looks like someone tried to rub it off with something abrasive and scratched the clear coat. The hood also isn't perfectly even on both sides. One side lifts up a bit... not a huge deal.

I will add one negative. From reviews I expected the touchscreen to be ipad like speed and performance. Maybe those reviews were written a few years ago when the car first came out. I find it pretty slow albeit better than most car infotainment systems. Scrolling is jittery on most websites and it doesn't feel like it has a powerful processor in it (by modern standards). I'd say it feels like a 3 or 4 year old tablet.

Regarding the cabin noise. It may also be the case there that the 2020 cars have new/better sound deadening than the older ones. That might explain why I think it's fine vs others.

Hi all. I ordered a M3P on Feb 10. 2-3 week text on March 9. VIN in source a few days ago but no other communication. Now I'm worried that it will be held up because of the virus madness. What timing can I expect being in Denver?
ordered mine back at the beginning of the year( first week of Jan) and is just now getting to the superior store this weekend