TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chrisedge, Apr 11, 2019.

1. xasroma

xasroma Member

Hey Sonic, congrats on delivery. Are you getting the new hardware already with that VIN?

2. NOC man

NOC man Member

Ordered April 7th for delivery in Charlotte NC. White with black interior. Currently no VIN assigned. Price change from April 12th is reflected on the order.

3. Danny Brown

Danny Brown Member

Congrats, LHS!

Post more pics if you can! I ordered the same color combo.

• Like x 1
  4. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

C02D479C-4DFF-4AF1-89A4-DA1963D9834D.jpeg 2AAB615F-42D7-4E6F-AFA0-994ED4615A16.jpeg
    Anything for you Danny!

5. sonicP3D

sonicP3D Member

I don't think there is a way to tell without taking delivery first. Will update after taking delivery.

By the way, it is blue/black config.

6. golfnut

golfnut Member

After reading your stories of patient waiting, I almost feel guilty telling my story. Just 10 days ago I stopped by the Rocklin SC here in NorCal somewhat seriously looking for a Model 3, probably a LR AWD, but really just wanted to do a test drive to confirm whether selling my P85 Signature S and getting a Model 3 was right for me. After a brief test drive and telling my salesman that I was about to do a 3 week long road trip in May, I asked if he had anything in inventory that I might like and could get soon. Wasn't thrilled with any particular color, but really wanted white seats and maybe black might work for me. Most cars avail were Midnight Silver, but very few black with white seats. Then for grins I asked if any Performance models were avail. We both thought we were seeing things when a March built, Metallic Silver, not Midnight Silver, P3D with white seats was sitting in SoCal with 14 miles. After about 30 mins of going back and forth in my own mind whether I should jump into the deep end of the pool, I said let's do it! So long story short, yesterday a beautiful Metallic Silver P3D shows up in my driveway. I immediately visited a tint shop and discussed getting my car protected before my trip, and it was funny watching the double and triple takes as his other customers could not believe I had a regular silver P3D. I know patience is a virtue, but good timing works as well. Time to sell my P85 and update my avatar I guess. Good luck in your search for your P3D!
    P3D2.jpg

• Like x 4
  7. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

You should feel guilty.

• Funny x 3
  8. electricpepper

Oh man that’s so fortunate. Congrats, likely was built to order (since Silver is not offered via the website) only to have the original buyer cancel or decide to pass and it so happened it was added to inventory right when you checked!

9. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

Congrats on your amazing find! We stop by that supercharger all the time on the way to Tahoe. We’re blessed with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to inventory cars here on the west coast. Love that color now that it’s more rare!

10. golfnut

golfnut Member

I agree, although I was worried the car was refused for quality issues. I did look the car over as closely as I could, and found one small paint issue, but knowing the challenge of getting one of these, I'll find a way to ignore it for today.

• Like x 1
  11. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

Can I channel Bruce Willis from Die Hard? "F'in California..." :)

• Funny x 2
  12. Danny Brown

Danny Brown Member

Thank you, Sir! Gorgeous vehicles!!!

13. Vahkaleila

Vahkaleila Member

Ordered on 4/14 when the website showed the estimated delivery within 2 weeks. Still no VIN. My Tesla contact keeps reassuring me that delivery estimate is still on track and that he sees M3P in transit to Wexford PA location (white/white combo). Let's see if the Tesla's customer service department lives up to all the hype :cool:

14. M3toM3

M3toM3 Member

Ahhhhh I wanted silver as it is rare! You bastard :p Nice find and congrats to you. Still waiting to receive my VIN...

15. ricca1234

ricca1234 Member

Man when I call Devon, PA they say they have no idea about anything, but these other centers are telling you guys about production and vehicles in transit.

16. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

Try Cherry Hill. I found them more helpful than Devon.

17. Tholland

Tholland Member

I ordered 4/16 White on white just about 100 miles south of you in DC. I was told it should be within two weeks. However no VIN and no trade evaluation done either. I kinda wish they do my trade as I have a CarMax offer that they said they would match. Tyson Tesla also said, “they prioritize orders that have vins already” so I’m hoping both our cars come very soon. I’m itching to drive it.

18. NOC man

NOC man Member

Well according to what I heard today, all cars currently being produced are getting the new chip. Best on the planet hopefully that’s a good sign for those of us waiting on a performance model 3.

19. Tholland

Tholland Member

Totally agree. I’m excited for that being installed already. I just want the car now

• Like x 1
  20. electricpepper

I am not sure Tesla has made any Performance Model 3's this month (at least not that we have seen yet). I wouldn't be surprised that the Performance models that are being scheduled to be delivered this week or next may be from March 2019 batch. In other words it would give us great hope to see an April 2019 VIN with Hardware 3 but not sure if that's the case yet.