TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chrisedge, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

Are there Performance models scheduled to be delivered this week? Are any of them White interior? When were those orders placed?

2. sonicP3D

sonicP3D Member

Just checked with someone over webchat support. It is a March car. Not sure what took it so long to get assigned to me in mid/late April.

3. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

The spreadsheet in the sticky post doesn't show any April Performance orders with VINs/dates yet. And anecdotally, I've only noticed people on the forums from the USA taking 2018 cars or demo units. Except for one recently who actually picked up the car in Fremont (and I don't recall if they mentioned the date on that car).

Though, last week a Tesla sales person said he could see models destined for the USA in shipping prep status or something like that, and predicted 1-2 week arrival.

Still, I think we're waiting for a wave folks to announce they've gotten VINs! Here's hoping it's SOON! :)

• Like x 1
  4. electricpepper

There were some, if you look back on the thread (all built in March or earlier). I know you have been waiting the longest, hang in there. I think there are enough of us waiting where we will see a batch hopefully made in the next week or two + shipping/delivery times.

5. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

I'm trying. Looking back it still seemed to me that most people's recent deliveries we're of inventory cars. Or did I miss where someone had a March production Performance?

• Like x 1
  6. electricpepper

If you look at the Teslike Model 3 survey you’ll see there were several configuration dates that were closely aligned with the VIN dates which leads me to believe that there were some production efforts. March 30th is the newest Peformance VIN, it was configured on March 17th.

7. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

My March 27th build is the old hardware and seems to be part of the most recent batch of performance cars.

8. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

Did you have black or white interior?

9. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

white

10. Clockwork

Clockwork Member

So they did make White in March!

11. yuvraj94

yuvraj94 Member

#111 yuvraj94, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    I placed my order on April 15th, chances I see it in the 2 week timeframe? It's a black on black, with FSD.

I'm in Toronto

12. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

I'm in the USA. Just placed an order on April 19th for a Performance Model 3 with black on black as well. It says 2 weeks but I'm gathering that this is not an accurate time frame?

13. Vahkaleila

Vahkaleila Member

Looks like it's already been over a month wait for you as well. Did the delivery estimate say within 2 weeks when you ordered?

14. skipmiller47

skipmiller47 Member

Just under 4 weeks for my M3P order. The order page did say "within 2 weeks".

15. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

I think it just depends on when they send the next shipment across the USA. If you order right before that, you'll probably get it quickly. If just after, it'll take until the next wave. The Web page still says "2 weeks" regardless. My 2 weeks was up yesterday, and no word (though they did offer me a test drive vehicle at one point).

16. Vahkaleila

Vahkaleila Member

I just hope the "waves" are not quarter-based as I've read in some other posts and we don't have to wait another 2 months.

17. Chrisedge

Chrisedge Member

Two weeks is not realistic for expecations. There is another Canadian member that has been waiting since Feb. (Clockwork BC Canada 22 Feb 2019 Red Multi-Coat White seats)

Look at the list on page 3 of this thread. And everyone should input into the spreadsheet tracker and I will post an updated list.

18. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Be nice if we could get a loaner vehicle while we wait - if we have a trade in. Then I could complete the trade in on my existing car and not have to worry about that.

19. Chrisedge

Chrisedge Member

So far in 2019...

55 Total Orders for USA and Canada
    24 show delivered (owner might not have updated spreadsheet once they got it)

Average delivery was 21 days after configuration

Almost all (but 1) were delivered between March 13-31! (Quarter End Push!)

Of the remaining 31 not delivered
    1 ordered in Jan
    2 in Feb
    14 in March
    14 in April (so far)

6 Blues
    6 Silvers
    7 White
    7 Red
    4 Black
    1 Unknown

14 Black Interior
    17 White Interior

20. Chrisedge

Chrisedge Member

I also did a check, a few of the people showing "not received" cars, actually got them. Some in this very thread. So the spreadsheet is misleading.