Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here she is after PPF and tint.

20190520_165033_HDR.jpg
20190520_165013_HDR.jpg

(no clue why one thumbnail shows up, but the other doesn't - click on them for full size)

Blue black FSD. Ordered 4/16. Received VIN delivery date of 5/18. Pulled my VIN, rescheduled my delivery for 5/31.

As others have said, I don't mind the wait but they need to vastly improve their accuracy/communication. Early owners will suck it up a bit. The general population will not. It definitely concerns me moving forward

Reactions: dwalme
You guys who have applied/are applying PPF, full car or just the front? I have gotten partial PPF for my older Teslas and plan doing full front and in front and rear of the rear wheels.
Well on the first Tesla we did full front I wanted to do the entire car but I decided against and might want to get wheels. However I am doing my windshield this go around possibly

Hi everyone. I've been ghosting this thread since I took delivery 2 weeks ago. Needless to say I've been enjoying driving the blue beast!

Delivery went relatively smoothly. My delivery dates kept getting pushed out and the final logistics were sorted when I finally got a hold of my DA. It did take me calling as no one from Tesla reached out to me. The car was in good shape. Only minor issue was a dent/misalignment in the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper, which they will fix. Came with spoiler and badge as everyone else has been recently reporting. All else looked good! I've been really trying to get a feel for the car as compared to the M3. Overall the P3D is a great daily driver and the suspension is tuned more for comfort than performance. The M3 does easily handle better with a more tied down feel than the P3D. The Tesla does have a weird floaty feeling when driven hard into corners. The seats and steering in the M3 are nicer. That being said, I haven't driven the M3 much after taking delivery of the P3D. From a stoplight, nothing can touch the P3D. No problems being in the wrong lane and having to move over quickly. The car really does surprise people with its acceleration. I love how quiet it is and the sound system is much better than the HK in the Bimmer. Autopilot works as advertised. I had low expectations for it, meaning I don't ever think that I can fall asleep behind the wheel. I was disappointed that we don't get the full features that HW2 owners get wrt auto-lane changes and other functionality. That being said it does take a lot of stress out of my long commute.

Overall, I keep gushing over the car to all who will listen. I feel like I'm in the future! I'm very much looking forward to FSD when it comes out.
IMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2609.JPG

Hi everyone. I've been ghosting this thread since I took delivery 2 weeks ago. Needless to say I've been enjoying driving the blue beast!

Delivery went relatively smoothly. My delivery dates kept getting pushed out and the final logistics were sorted when I finally got a hold of my DA. It did take me calling as no one from Tesla reached out to me. The car was in good shape. Only minor issue was a dent/misalignment in the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper, which they will fix. Came with spoiler and badge as everyone else has been recently reporting. All else looked good! I've been really trying to get a feel for the car as compared to the M3. Overall the P3D is a great daily driver and the suspension is tuned more for comfort than performance. The M3 does easily handle better with a more tied down feel than the P3D. The Tesla does have a weird floaty feeling when driven hard into corners. The seats and steering in the M3 are nicer. That being said, I haven't driven the M3 much after taking delivery of the P3D. From a stoplight, nothing can touch the P3D. No problems being in the wrong lane and having to move over quickly. The car really does surprise people with its acceleration. I love how quiet it is and the sound system is much better than the HK in the Bimmer. Autopilot works as advertised. I had low expectations for it, meaning I don't ever think that I can fall asleep behind the wheel. I was disappointed that we don't get the full features that HW2 owners get wrt auto-lane changes and other functionality. That being said it does take a lot of stress out of my long commute.

Overall, I keep gushing over the car to all who will listen. I feel like I'm in the future! I'm very much looking forward to FSD when it comes out.View attachment 410818 View attachment 410820
Congrats on getting your P3D.

Overall, I keep gushing over the car to all who will listen. I feel like I'm in the future! I'm very much looking forward to FSD when it comes out.View attachment 410818 View attachment 410820

Congratulations and thanks for the nice pictures !

What do you think of the white dashboard trim ? Does is cause any glare / reflection issues ?