Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever you feel comfortable asking for.

I'd ask them first what are they offering you to take the demo car with 1200 miles on it.

Personally I wouldn't consider it for any less than $6k discount. What makes it a demo vs a customer return? Someone else may have rejected it already.

Some people get crazy deals and posted here. Upwards of $10k on demos and old stock.

"Ask for and assume the discount." See what happens.
They offered $600 off

I laughed at the offer

What are the etiquettes of working with a different sales advisor? The one I’m working with doesn’t seem to be very prompt with communication.

They offered $600 off

I laughed at the offer

What are the etiquettes of working with a different sales advisor? The one I’m working with doesn’t seem to be very prompt with communication.

Yeah, it seems like Tesla has some formula where they offer like 50 cents a mile or something on their demo cars. I think most buyers are used to thousands off a demo car not a few hundred dollars. Most folks spending $40k-$60k on a new car will laugh like you did when offered $600 discount for 1200 mile demo car. Maybe if they waived the paint up-charge ($1-2k) and/or Sport wheels ($1500) then it would be more interesting. Maybe throw in a Wall Connector and some accessories credit for All Weather mats trunk and frunk, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwalme and kdphan
D6CC372D-32F9-41E5-98C4-1D3FF51CD78B.jpeg
Finally after almost 9 weeks.
I got delivery 6/10
I ordered 4/3
VIN 393xxx
w/w Unicorn
Has spoiler, badge and perfect paint, panels, passed the checklist inspection. Has home link. No usb cables. (Had purchased nomad wireless pad anyways). I purchased the Nema for travel since not included. I already had new dedicated 90amp panel with wall connector installed with such a long wait. Otherwise everything was there.

no issues at delivery/ delays/ car waiting for me to pickup.
Experience was short but I had already read the manual
Unsure if I have hw3 computer. I am running 2019.7.107 which could indicate newer hardware. I should have gotten option to upgrade by now. But nothing yet.
I don’t have Sentry mode or advanced summon.

If you are waiting the final product is worth the hassle. No other product better out there. I went from 2016 BMW M5 to P3D and can’t be happier
Car is fantastic
E85C85AB-B183-4B43-AB1D-E0AED267F05B.jpeg
97589C71-6466-496C-BECD-4DEE4C05ADA8.jpeg
269834E6-705E-464F-896B-9AD9D502FDC6.jpeg
2A526F21-08FC-49FB-A5C6-4C0695D03083.jpeg

View attachment 419814 Finally after almost 9 weeks.
I got delivery 6/10
I ordered 4/3
VIN 393xxx
w/w Unicorn
Has spoiler, badge and perfect paint, panels, passed the checklist inspection. Has home link. No usb cables. (Had purchased nomad wireless pad anyways). I purchased the Nema for travel since not included. I already had new dedicated 90amp panel with wall connector installed with such a long wait. Otherwise everything was there.

Unsure if I have hw3 computer. I am running 2019.7.107 which could indicate newer hardware. I should have gotten option to upgrade by now. But nothing yet.

If you are waiting the final product is worth the hassle. No other product better out there. I went from 2016 BMW M5 to P3D and can’t be happier
Car is fantastic View attachment 419806 View attachment 419807 View attachment 419808 View attachment 419809

Congrats! Put that bad boy on WiFi, you probably have a firmware update waiting. Check the DashCam files, if they are recording in HEVC (H.265) then supposedly you have HW3.

Reactions: xasroma
Congrats! Put that bad boy on WiFi, you probably have a firmware update waiting. Check the DashCam files, if they are recording in HEVC (H.265) then supposedly you have HW3.

Thanks Raptor will check the dash cam. I have been actively driving with the USB stick and have little camera icon with recording on the screen. But I have not checked the HEVC thing.
I have installed an apple airport express in the garage ; the car has all the Wifi bars strength on display but have gotten nada. I am giving it 2 more days and if not will have to call for a software push or something.
Other than software update no issues with the car. Even without full FSD just using basic autopilot- Its amazing!
Every single person that has test driven my car wants one.

Thanks Raptor will check the dash cam. I have been actively driving with the USB stick and have little camera icon with recording on the screen. But I have not checked the HEVC thing.
I have installed an apple airport express in the garage ; the car has all the Wifi bars strength on display but have gotten nada. I am giving it 2 more days and if not will have to call for a software push or something.
Other than software update no issues with the car. Even without full FSD just using basic autopilot- Its amazing!
Every single person that has test driven my car wants one.

Agreed. I am convinced all you have to do to sell this car is let someone drive it.

5/18 - I ordered my M3P (red/white/FSD)

6/4 - Was notified that my M3P would arrive at the service center on 6/9.

6/4 - Also, received and signed the MVPA which included the VIN number even though my account online still showed the RN number. It updated to show the VIN on the day of delivery.

6/7 - Vroom picked up my Model X 100 D (they offered me $11,000 more than Tesla for a trade-in

6/9 - My M3P arrived at service center

6/15 - Picked up the M3P

The delivery process was very seamless. The process is even quicker vs when I purchased my X two years ago which was quicker than when I purchased my S in 2015.

Issues - no panel gap issues. The only issue was a small paint chip which they are paying a bodyshop to fix vs using touchup paint (see pic)

I only snapped a few pictures as she’s getting PPF and Cquartz Finest Reserve.

Attachments

• 81C155FA-6209-4DC4-B408-913E3C25DE7C.jpeg
    81C155FA-6209-4DC4-B408-913E3C25DE7C.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 8998B908-70A1-4826-807C-7197BBD2EC6C.jpeg
    8998B908-70A1-4826-807C-7197BBD2EC6C.jpeg
    769.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 572DBE91-554A-440A-A762-6BC1CB0BE6BE.jpeg
    572DBE91-554A-440A-A762-6BC1CB0BE6BE.jpeg
    875.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 39A18904-785C-4D6D-9548-3C53D18ECBE4.jpeg
    39A18904-785C-4D6D-9548-3C53D18ECBE4.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
As an update I couldn’t find the 265 vs 264 thing in file area but after research found that HEVC =265. Raptor had already pointed it out ! Omg should have read his post closer.

I have HEVC as format when I checked on a Mac OSX. Hence 265 Which based on consensus = new hardware. I have not done the physical checkup of the computer in foot area in passenger side. Chat is closed today to setup a software update push to the car.

Last edited:
5/18 - I ordered my M3P (red/white/FSD)

6/4 - Was notified that my M3P would arrive at the service center on 6/9.

6/4 - Also, received and signed the MVPA which included the VIN number even though my account online still showed the RN number. It updated to show the VIN on the day of delivery.

6/7 - Vroom picked up my Model X 100 D (they offered me $11,000 more than Tesla for a trade-in

6/9 - My M3P arrived at service center

6/15 - Picked up the M3P

The delivery process was very seamless. The process is even quicker vs when I purchased my X two years ago which was quicker than when I purchased my S in 2015.

Issues - no panel gap issues. The only issue was a small paint chip which they are paying a bodyshop to fix vs using touchup paint (see pic)

I only snapped a few pictures as she’s getting PPF and Cquartz Finest Reserve.

Fit and panel alignment-wise, this looks like you got a good one!

View attachment 419814 Finally after almost 9 weeks.
I got delivery 6/10
I ordered 4/3
VIN 393xxx
w/w Unicorn

Car is fantastic View attachment 419806 View attachment 419807 View attachment 419808 View attachment 419809

My P3D was exactly like yours delivered with 107 and no Sentry.
Took about two weeks it it finally updated to 2019.16.3 but nothing like 2019.16.3.2 or 2019.20 since then.
If you have 107 you have HW3 and HEVC video codec
Congratulations !

Took about two weeks it it finally updated to 2019.16.3 but nothing like 2019.16.3.2 or 2019.20 since then.
Congratulations !
This is correct. In my case my car (HW3) came with 12.1.2. But the best way to confirm as of now is by the recording of HEVC.

Latest software for HW3 is 16.3.2.

Got my white/white performance Model 3 (FSD) just over two weeks ago. NO REGRETS. I waited one month, but had my doubts while I was waiting. I considered changing my order to non-performance, non-white/white...I was getting cold feet....
...Be patient and hang in there!

I got my car (perfect condition, no issues), and I love it. I let my other Model 3-owning friends drive it and they are jealous of my white interior and performance package...Don't compromise what you want just to get it a few weeks sooner.
Best car I've ever owned by a huge margin.

Everyone needs to get one.

Placed my order via website on 6/10 (P3D, Midnight Silver Metallic, black interior, AP). I was going to wait until later in the year to order, but decided to do it now to capture what's left of the federal credit before it halves again. Tesla rep made contact on 6/12, and I already had my financing pre-approved. Everything's done on my end, but have yet to receive a VIN.

Considering it's 6/17, and I live in TX, I'm not feeling overly optimistic at my chances of taking delivery by EOM. I haven't heard anything official about deliveries by EOM other than the rep assuring me they'll do everything they can to make it happen. :(

Congratulations !

As an update I chatted with support and I was told they pushed the update on 6/4 but car didn’t pick it up since was not connected to Wi-Fi.
I replied no Sh** Sherlock since my delivery date was 6/10. He pushed update today and downloaded and fully installed 2 hours later. 2019.16.3.2
Now I have sentry mode /navigate on autopilot plus other options which were unavailable with factory software.

LESSON TO
ALL OF YOU WAITING FOR DELIVERIES: If you don’t get an update after delivery chat with Tesla to have them push the update or you will be waiting and waiting....

Last edited:
And... refused delivery again.

Cracked roof glass, door metal has a bent edge.

Back in the waiting line.

Well well well. If you want a car that once had a cracked glass, with bent drivers door metal edge, and some other defects, which may or may not be fixed over the course of 230miles and 2 weeks, it is available to be bought as an inventory car now! Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

If anyone was wondering, then yes, this shows that cars rejected at delivery do end up on the inventory list. Now the question is if they fixed the issues, or if they put it back up untouched, hoping the next customer don't find out.