Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same and it seems normal. The delivery was scheduled, I paid online from the bank account, Sales Rep saw the VIN in the system, and I used it to get the insurance. VIN appeared only after I accepted the delivery.

Thats some serendipity right after I posted this my account guy emailed me the contract and my VIN...

I should post more maybe they are self conscious and read it. :)

Assuming there are no issues that require me to refuse delivery (scratches, major defects, etc.). I am guessing things will be fine as they are in most cases, but I saw stories of people having to refuse delivery, etc.
Ah, in the eventuality that mine has any issues, I'll still take delivery to lock in the tax credit but with the promise that they'll fix it. Seems like a lot of people go this route.

People do, but get it in writing! I’m sure you know this but just a gentle nudge to remind you lol.

I wouldn't accept delivery if it has paint chips and dents. I'm tentatively scheduled for home delivery this Saturday. This will be the second attempt at delivery. I refused the first one due to paint chips and a dent to the rocker panel. Regardless of the tax deadline, i would still refuse vehicle if it's in such condition. I would never take delivery of a new car that requires body shop work.

Hey all, just put my order in on Monday (June 24) for a M3P Midnight Silver Metallic FSD with Black interior. I was told it would be 2-6 weeks, but Tesla's doing everything it can to speed things up to try and get as many cars delivered before the Federal rebate gets cut at the end of the month. I have no expectations that I'll be getting it before that, but that's fine.

This is my first EV and I'm really looking forward to it. As a life-long gearhead, I'm not sure how I'll take not being able to tear the car apart and add performance upgrades and perform various customizations and tweaks... perhaps I'll spend the time enjoying the drive instead :)

On to the wait!

Reactions: SMAlset and Jazz3D
Hey all, just put my order in on Monday (June 24) for a M3P Midnight Silver Metallic FSD with Black interior. I was told it would be 2-6 weeks, but Tesla's doing everything it can to speed things up to try and get as many cars delivered before the Federal rebate gets cut at the end of the month. I have no expectations that I'll be getting it before that, but that's fine.

This is my first EV and I'm really looking forward to it. As a life-long gearhead, I'm not sure how I'll take not being able to tear the car apart and add performance upgrades and perform various customizations and tweaks... perhaps I'll spend the time enjoying the drive instead :)

On to the wait!
I know this pain, however, software updates kinda help smooth that out. But I still miss getting under my and changes things and watching the car grow from things. It still happens in a different way, like we got a performance boost from software tweaks.

Got a spontaneous text from the ATX service center this morning, offering to pull delivery from Saturday afternoon to this evening. I obviously said yes.

I did ask if they could skip applying the dual motor badge as part of the Performance Upgrade, but they informed me it came from the factory with both the spoiler and badge applied (which they offered to remove for me before I come this evening). This contradicts what I'd read previously - I was under the impression those two things are typically installed by the local service center.

Took delivery yesterday of my MSM P3D. Delivery was pretty quick and painless, as we already have a LR RWD, so most of the time was spent inspecting the car and going through the checklist. Didn't find any build quality issues, and the interior was flawless. The only issues were some very noticeable paint imperfections on the driver's side, which they were able to buff out on the spot. I'm having full paint correction done when the car gets picked up for ceramic coating and tint tomorrow, so I wasn't overly concerned.

Observations so far: this car is stupid quick. Ride is noticeably rougher with the 20" wheels, but it doesn't bother me as it's what I expected and wanted. And MSM is the best color (and will look even better with tint).

Picked up my P3 earlier today at the Dallas Service Center. A demo with 95 miles. Two small paint blemishes (one can be buffed out, the other one a chip). It’s a blue one.
The order process was bizarre due to the Texas laws. Weird to have to fully pay in California before it is “released” in Texas. The whole process, including financing through an awesome credit union (Texans) took 5 days.
OMG that car is insane. My other vehicles (for comparison) are a Porsche Macan S, a BMW Z4 (six cylinder twin turbo) and a BMW i3.

I don’t understand what people complain about the Model 3 quality (except for the paint). The panel gaps and fit and finish on mine and the overall quality feel is on the level of the Porsche and exceeds the BMWs.

It’s my first EV that I “own” my other EVs we’re leased due to concerns with battery aging. I hope it’s not a risky gamble.

Reactions: SMAlset
It happened today. I took delivery of my msm m3p. Paint was flawless. Only issues that will be fixed with a service appt are the two front doors need some alignment and the bottom plastic piece of the rocker panels were damaged from what looks like unloading from the semi truck. No homelink on mine. June build date.

It happened today. I took delivery of my msm m3p. Paint was flawless. Only issues that will be fixed with a service appt are the two front doors need some alignment and the bottom plastic piece of the rocker panels were damaged from what looks like unloading from the semi truck. No homelink on mine. June build date.

I had the same issue with the damaged scuff plates from the transporter. Opened a ticket with mobile service and they brought out new ones and swapped them in my garage. Awesome.