Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the Edit Order but don't make any changes to the config thing to get the updated price. After seeing the recent posts about how that would have happened automatically, I wonder if all I've done is to move myself to the back of the queue for delivery. Original order was on 7/9, blue on white P3.

Someone else confirmed via chat with a sales rep that there is no price reduction if you opt for the 18” wheels, nor will it include the upgraded brakes since the 18” wheels won’t accommodate them.

So, you lose the bigger rotors, larger red brake calipers and Michelin PS4 performance tires and in return you get the 18" aeros with Primacy tires and no price reduction. Sounds like a good deal to me. :confused:

Please don't do this. Just take the 20s and then go buy yourself some aftermarket 19s that fit the bigger brakes. The 18s look too small on the car anyway. The 19's look good and you can find some lighter wheels.

Reactions: John S.
Guess I didn't get sent to the back of the line after all. Got notified a few minutes ago to schedule delivery. Should be here next Thursday!

Edit: I still don't see a VIN in my "Prepare for Delivery" page, either in the browser or in the source code.

Since most post here only the negatives, I want to leave a positive post.
I took delivery 5 weeks ago after a long 9 week wait.
Delivery was without any issues and the paint/gaps/panels/etc were perfect in spite of transport all the way down to Florida
Love the car, acceleration and tech.
Happy waiting and glad to hear a price reduction is on the works.

Reactions: Octo and AZHobos
Delivery was without any issues and the paint/gaps/panels/etc were perfect in spite of transport all the way down to Florida

Congrats. Stay positive and enjoy the car.

Reactions: xasroma and AZHobos

Yeah, I fully agree. Same with mine. It’s an incredible car. Looooooove the way it drives.

Reactions: xasroma
First post, although been lurking for a while :)

Ordered M3P+ with FSD this week on July 17th right at the price drop.
Pearl White/Black interior

My account says delivery in 2 weeks from order date but not sure if I believe that
Got DA email yesterday saying that car was finishing production then would be sent to land in Montreal. After that it would be delivered to my home in Ottawa in 7-10 days.

Project for today -- wire up charging plug in garage :D

My delivery date was pushed up to tomorrow (Monday) from Thursday! I stopped by the delivery center on a whim today to see if my car was there and ... it was. The Tesla employees are always nice. One happened to walk outside to do something, saw us, and I said we stopped by to see if my car was on the lot. I was just explaining why two strangers were walking around/trespassing in the lot full of cars. Anyway, he asked for my details with his phone and beeped my car in the lot. Looks fine although it needed some cleaning inside as it hadn't been through prep yet. I'll do a more detailed examination tomorrow at official delivery.

Picked up my blue on white P3 this afternoon. After reading all the horror stories here I was worried about the condition. My wife and I looked it over extensively and couldn't find anything wrong with the exterior. I'm sure that if I had precision calipers with me I could find gap differences but nothing was visible. There were still some smudges on the interior ceiling, like a sweaty arm had brushed against it. The delivery person cleaned them up. Otherwise, no complaints on the initial condition.

The only disappointing thing was when I drove out of the lot. At that instant an Alpharetta police car pulled up next to me at the red light. My first stoplight in the car and I didn't have the opportunity to floor it :( Plus, he was going my way so I had to drive like a geezer for the first few miles. Then into in the Atlanta traffic heading north up 400, dump truck ahead, light shower. I only got to punch it a couple of times.

Positives:
1. Great condition (only 4 miles on the odo)
2. Phone-as-key works fine (iPhone 6)
3. Acceleration
4. Really like the blue paint (somewhat of a fingerprint magnet)

Negatives:
1. Interior smudges at delivery
2. Auto-wipers work, but not responsive enough
3. Still not a huge fan of the door handles
4. Don't have a wall charger (purchased but not shipped and no electrician yet)
5. The glossy black center console is a fingerprint magnet

I could come up with a similar list of negatives for any car we've purchased, so this isn't unique to a Tesla or 3. If you're thinking of getting one, just do it.

Ordered: 07/09/2019
Delivered: 07/22/2019

I had a long test ride today in a Performance version and really enjoyed the whole experience.

The only thing I disliked was the ride quality with the 20” wheel package. (NJ has terrible roads). My ordered Stealth version has 18” wheels so isn’t a problem.

I had asked my salesman about quality issues and he agreed that there were lots of issues in the past but they have been addressed and present quality appears excellent. As one example, he pointed out that there are multiple adjustment points on the hood and trunk and SCs can adjust gaps very easily if even needed. I carefully looked over the six cars there and couldn’t find any issues but it was a store location.

I have the option of picking up my car next week at either the Paramus or Springfield NJ location. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences at either location?

Have one positive report on Paramus so far.

Thanks

I had a long test ride today in a Performance version and really enjoyed the whole experience.

The only thing I disliked was the ride quality with the 20” wheel package. (NJ has terrible roads). My ordered Stealth version has 18” wheels so isn’t a problem.

I had asked my salesman about quality issues and he agreed that there were lots of issues in the past but they have been addressed and present quality appears excellent. As one example, he pointed out that there are multiple adjustment points on the hood and trunk and SCs can adjust gaps very easily if even needed. I carefully looked over the six cars there and couldn’t find any issues but it was a store location.

I have the option of picking up my car next week at either the Paramus or Springfield NJ location. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences at either location?

Have one positive report on Paramus so far.

Thanks
What cars and tire sizes have you had previously?

I enjoy sports cars and street/track cars. Owned too many to list but present daily drivers include Alfa Romeo Stelvio, S2000, and a Crown Corvair (Mid engined LS Powered, 2700 Lbs).

I as most others like the looks of the larger wheels but living and traveling in the Northeast make them less desirable for a street car. Most successful track cars will always use a smaller size wheel if the overall tire/wheel pkg is lighter and Performance tires are available in that size.