Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any feedback on the delivery experience at the Roswell service center?
Very low key delivery. Took a while for the delivery person to come out to meet us, so I walked outside by the chargers to see if my car was there. Gave me a chance to look it over. Note that, on a whim, my wife and I went to the DC on Sunday afternoon (delivery was scheduled for Thursday) to see if my car was there. A worker happened to walk outside and chatted with us. I told him our situation, gave him my VIN, and he punched it up on his phone. Beep, beep, goes the horn on the next car set to go in for delivery clean up! Turns out my car was there and they had sent email asking if I wanted early delivery. I said, sure, I'll take delivery tomorrow!

That's it. No VIN, no further communication yet. I check my Tesla page every day :)
I don't remember much communication, either. Things happened quickly at the end. Like I posted earlier, it's really the luck of the draw on timing because of Tesla's manufacturing style.

Bottom line: it's worth the wait.

When was this particular model ordered? I know you had some issues before, but curious to know when your order was placed for this one.

Well when I first ordered they assigned me an in stock one the next day. I rejected that one on August 10. I talked with my SR on Tuesday the 13 and told him I would wait it out. Between the 10th and 13th I was unmatched from the car so likely the 10th could be considered the reorder date. 9 calendar day turnaround. Blue on black.

Well when I first ordered they assigned me an in stock one the next day. I rejected that one on August 10. I talked with my SR on Tuesday the 13 and told him I would wait it out. Between the 10th and 13th I was unmatched from the car so likely the 10th could be considered the reorder date. 9 calendar day turnaround. Blue on black.
Wow, that's pretty impressive actually. Ordered my MSM on black on 8/7 and nothing yet. Not even a VIN. Bay Area here, too.

Did you check source code for Vin? I see alot of reports that source code vin shows up two weeks or so after order.

I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs too. Ordered Aug 13th. White/blk

Every day, several times per day, for the past 2+ weeks. I've burned out my F5 key lol :) Still showing as null. It does show a wealth of other information regarding my purchase and account, and the VIN for my trade-in.

Every day, several times per day, for the past 2+ weeks. I've burned out my F5 key lol :) Still showing as null. It does show a wealth of other information regarding my purchase and account, and the VIN for my trade-in.
LOL Same here - as if some magical source code digits will appear. Almost wanted to contact a Tesla site engineer to ask how often and when they update the code for the site. haha

Well I know I didnt have a VIN on Friday when I checked the source and today I did.

Yeah, I've been checking it about every 2-4 hours, source included. Checked it again after you mentioned it this morning. Lots of posts throughout the forum saying the wait is worth it, but it gets a bit disheartening after a while. Even my local Tesla lot only has a couple of basic white vehicles, no perf, no white interior. (it's an open parking lot behind a Sears). I toyed with the idea of automating the VIN check with a Python script, but I like seeing the CG picture of my car on the website :p