Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a white Performance M3 with white interior and FSD on Aug 3 for Chicago.
No VIN yet. Checked code and no VIN there, either. Sales rep said website was correct and it would be two weeks to delivery. Today is day 16. Le sigh.
I ordered a white/white SR+ for Chicago on Aug 2... just got a text this morning with delivery the 26th. You might get a text tomorrow since you ordered a day later than me. I still don't have a VIN though

Ordered a white Performance M3 with white interior and FSD on Aug 3 for Chicago.
No VIN yet. Checked code and no VIN there, either. Sales rep said website was correct and it would be two weeks to delivery. Today is day 16. Le sigh.

Dammit..guess VIN assigned is past 2 weeks at this point. VIN assigned just means they started building it right?

There was a lot more info and easier tracking my BMW production and even its voyage on the ship. We should create a sticky for others in the future.. See below if interested in how the BMW people cope with waiting :)

BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW

Reactions: Phlier
Hi guys, just want to ask a dump question.
I have edit design my SR+ to performance, white in & out.
And received a email said "your order has been changed" and my car image changed on website and no RN change.
So, is it clear that Tesla received my updated? Or will there be a new email said "Your new order has been confirmed" and RN changed?
I am so nervous about the delivery date of my car, I changed that on 6 Aug and salesman claimed that delivery date will be on 30 Sep (shipping cost 20 days)

Hi guys, just want to ask a dump question.
I have edit design my SR+ to performance, white in & out.
And received a email said "your order has been changed" and my car image changed on website and no RN change.
So, is it clear that Tesla received my updated? Or will there be a new email said "Your new order has been confirmed" and RN changed?
I am so nervous about the delivery date of my car, I changed that on 6 Aug and salesman claimed that delivery date will be on 30 Sep (shipping cost 20 days)

Where are you located, Alaska?

Initially posted in the "Model 3 Order Tracking SpreadSheet" column, but probably better here, so...:

Hi All,

New to the forum and thought I would add my info.
I'm From Switzerland (Geneva) and ordered a Model 3 - Performance 20" wheels, Black/Black on the 9th of July.
Still waiting on a VIN number (41 days and counting...). No sign of one in "manage page" Source-Code either. The customor service team, although very kind, is even less informed than the client.

I've been following Tracker SpreadSheet and Tesla Carriers (to EU) Spreadsheet, hoping that when unloading the cars from carriers the Tesla matching Algorithms will work magic - in vain (it actually only adds to the frustration...though, to be fair, i'm not tha patient type^^).
What's even more disorientating, is that the same spec car has been delivered to other EU customors (good for them ;) ) with a later configuration/order date (serves Switzerland right for not being in the same EU legislation I guess haha).

Anyhow, US customers, consider yourselves lucky with 1-2-3 week(s) delivery expectation times ;) the waiting is hard when you're an overgrown child waiting for his toy.

I'll poste updates (if any) for people interested.

Ugh, I didn’t fill out the very last section (payment details with your bank address etc) because I thought I needed a VIN first. I just did that (3 weeks after deposit and doing all the other steps). Now it says they’re working on the contract. I really hope I didn’t just now enter the queue.

Did anyone else wait to fill out this section and still get a VIN? I could have sworn last time I got a VIN assigned before filling that out (this was in March).

Ugh, I didn’t fill out the very last section (payment details with your bank address etc) because I thought I needed a VIN first. I just did that (3 weeks after deposit and doing all the other steps). Now it says they’re working on the contract. I really hope I didn’t just now enter the queue.

Did anyone else wait to fill out this section and still get a VIN? I could have sworn last time I got a VIN assigned before filling that out (this was in March).
I don't want to misinform so take this with a grain of salt, but my SR told me that I wouldn't enter the queue until everything was taken care of and checked off the list. Could definitely be wrong! I would call your SR and see what they tell you about that.

I skipped over the trade portion on mine and left it like that for a week. I just noticed a few days ago so I just set it to "no" and then a new "submit" button popped up. Now mine says the same thing about preparing the paperwork. I too hope that not completing that right away didn’t result in lost time.

Nope, you just have to manually calculate what the final out the door price will be and guess how much you want to borrow from the bank. At least that’s what I did. I’ll just shore up any small discrepancies with fine tuning my exact down payment.
I'm pre-approved for a loan and used that information. I'm just not able to pull the trigger on it. It's the insurance that is the difficult part.

Nope, you just have to manually calculate what the final out the door price will be and guess how much you want to borrow from the bank. At least that’s what I did. I’ll just shore up any small discrepancies with fine tuning my exact down payment.
I'm pre-approved for a loan and used that information. I'm just not able to pull the trigger on it. It's the insurance that is the difficult part.

I did what Brnn suggested. I calculated my final out the door price and received a loan based on that, they didn't need the VIN to approve it. But from what I understand, you don't need insurance until the day you take delivery of the car so you have time to situate that. I've seen that you can get the VIN at least a day in advance of reception so if you have an online provider (I have Geico) they can generally produce the insurance card nigh immediately.

Luckily for me, in California, I don't need insurance for this car to take delivery since I'm already covered under my other vehicle. But I will obviously have insurance when delivery happens so it's moot.

jhawk, did you use Tesla financing?

I did what Brnn suggested. I calculated my final out the door price and received a loan based on that, they didn't need the VIN to approve it. But from what I understand, you don't need insurance until the day you take delivery of the car so you have time to situate that. I've seen that you can get the VIN at least a day in advance of reception so if you have an online provider (I have Geico) they can generally produce the insurance card nigh immediately.

Luckily for me, in California, I don't need insurance for this car to take delivery since I'm already covered under my other vehicle. But I will obviously have insurance when delivery happens so it's moot.

jhawk, did you use Tesla financing?
Ok, so I just put in my old insurance from the car I sold that is currently active and my screen changed. I can no longer "manage" the car, and have a new "next steps" tab. Maybe now that I've done this I'll get a VIN?

I am not using Tesla for financing. I found my own financing at a better rate. All of that information has been entered and accepted by Tesla.

Reactions: sahs12