Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today marks 3 weeks that I ordered my white/black performance. Just got my first communication via text:

Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle. Please expect another 3-4 weeks before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.

ugh.

Today marks 3 weeks that I ordered my white/black performance. Just got my first communication via text:

Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle. Please expect another 3-4 weeks before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.

ugh.

Ordered White/White Performance M3 on August 3rd, so also three weeks as of today. Received the same exact message but 5-6 week estimate before they reach out for delivery.

Received a text message today, telling me to expect 5-6 weeks before they will reach out to schedule delivery.

Received the same text. (white/white Performance Model 3 ordered on 7/29)
Apparently there is nothing we can do but wait, if we choose another color we pay the difference. If we wait we pay for a rental car (since we were told that the car would be here within 2 weeks) if we don't wait we pay for a color upgrade - which they have been heavily pushing. Not to mention this will require another credit pull since we are financing a portion of it with Tesla.

Is this the horrible customer service I have been reading about? How is this acceptable?