Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had to guess. Tesla will make 98% of August order model 3s. They were pretty much right at the 2 week delivery window until last week of July. So that left a back log of about 6 weeks of US orders. I dont think anyone is going to wait longer than us 7 to 8 week waiters from end of July. Wait should get shorter and shorter. We dont know the exact production rate but I'm assuming it is 1000+ Model3 per day. Probably nearing 8000 per week. So that will be about 35,000 3s produced in september and they are going to try their best to deliver whatever comes off that line up until the last couple of days. IMO that is going to be 98% of all august orders. FYI if going through tesla finance (Chase Bank) even though they said approved for 30 days, if you reach out to Sales advisor before the 30 days they can extend. I am taking deliver at 46 days and they said no problem.

If I had to guess. Tesla will make 98% of August order model 3s. They were pretty much right at the 2 week delivery window until last week of July. So that left a back log of about 6 weeks of US orders. I dont think anyone is going to wait longer than us 7 to 8 week waiters from end of July. Wait should get shorter and shorter. We dont know the exact production rate but I'm assuming it is 1000+ Model3 per day. Probably nearing 8000 per week. So that will be about 35,000 3s produced in september and they are going to try their best to deliver whatever comes off that line up until the last couple of days. IMO that is going to be 98% of all august orders. FYI if going through tesla finance (Chase Bank) even though they said approved for 30 days, if you reach out to Sales advisor before the 30 days they can extend. I am taking deliver at 46 days and they said no problem.
That is good news, today is day 30 for me and I was worried about that.

Same here through chase with Tesla financial. My SA assured me that they know they are behind and will honor rates and first credit application.

Reactions: AWDLR3
Ordered 8/3. Still have not received a VIN and there isn’t one in the source code either. The text I received on 8/23 told me to expect another 5-6 weeks until delivery versus the 3-4 week estimate other people got. Really hope that doesn’t mean that I’ll have to wait an additional 2-3 weeks over people currently getting VINs.

Did anyone who got their VIN also receive the 5-6 week estimate? Or has everyone who’s gotten a VIN so far received the 3-4 week one.

I reached out to my SA today for a status and got the following response...

“Hi Jon,
Our system shows it should be done late this week!”

Hopeful, but not holding my breath. :)

M3P White/White
California - Fremont delivery site.

Oh really?
I'm in the same waiting boat for the same car at the same delivery. Maybe we'll have the same day! I don't have a VIN or anything from my SA since about a week ago.

I was scheduled for pick-up on Thursday - they texted this morning saying i could pick it up this evening. Delivery took 10 minutes.

I quickly pulled the front plate holder off the bumper once I got home.

Costa Mesa. Ordered 8/26. 487k VIN. Not a Tesla owner.

Attachments

• teslapickup.jpg
    teslapickup.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: Putttt and SpigoT