Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here. I ordered a White/Black autopilot only Performance back on 8/24 in Maryland. I see locally they have a few White/Whites that just arrived today. What the heck is Tesla doing. They are building extras and not just filling orders it appears

I noticed the same thing. Not sure what they are doing but it does look like the color combo you chose (same as mine) is not ready just yet. According to the Tracker Spreadsheet, if you filter down the results for only White, Performance M3 with Black interior, there are folks from 1 Aug still without any info. Appears this combo is on a separate run, just not sure when we will hear anything. Temptation was there but, I'm not changing. I'll just wait-

I noticed the same thing. Not sure what they are doing but it does look like the color combo you chose (same as mine) is not ready just yet. According to the Tracker Spreadsheet, if you filter down the results for only White, Performance M3 with Black interior, there are folks from 1 Aug still without any info. Appears this combo is on a separate run, just not sure when we will hear anything. Temptation was there but, I'm not changing. I'll just wait-

Yeah its tempting to go pick up one of those local ones but I'm gonna stick with my black interior and ride it out. It will look better with my Tint I think. Hopefully we hear something in the next day or two

Ha - I ordered the same config, on the same day, also in socal! The wait is killing me! Here's hoping our blue's come soon.

Just got a Tesla email and got excited but it was just for the new supercharger referral code offer.

Now what’s interesting is this

“Orders of a new vehicle must be delivered before October 1, 2019 to qualify.”

So that means Tesla is going to push deliver all new orders before end of the quarter right??? Otherwise why include that statement in the offer unless they’re trying to drive deliveries for the quarterly earnings report.

White/Black performance ordered 8/18. In the Dallas area.

Can someone point out how to search for the VIN in the source code? I know how to open the source code, just not exactly what to search for. Seems there are various ways.

So far no updates other than they expect a VIN this week.

White/Black performance ordered 8/18. In the Dallas area.

Can someone point out how to search for the VIN in the source code? I know how to open the source code, just not exactly what to search for. Seems there are various ways.

So far no updates other than they expect a VIN this week.
Search for 5YJ
That's Tesla's manufacturer code. If that comes up, that's your VIN. If not, it hasn't been added yet.

Still mostly white interiors being delivered, excited to see some black interiors finally getting VIN assignments. Does anyone know if Order Date or Configured Date is used for priority? I ordered on 8/12 but didn't finalize my config until 8/22.

Quick update, for my vehicle (8/7 order, MSM/Black/Perf/FSD/Bay Area, CA), they are anticipating "week of 9/23" production, which means that, as suspected, Q3 delivery is easily in jeopardy. And that's if everything goes perfectly. FYI, I've received no text updates, no contact from anyone at Tesla, no VIN in source, etc. I spoke with someone at Tesla via phone just now who looked into the production calendar by model and options.

As discussed, many of us will be receiving orders well into October. Even if I took delivery on 9/23 (virtually impossible), that would mark 6.5 weeks since order configuration.

Hope that info is helpful for others in a similar situation (and on the West Coast).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jblock4
Just a heads up that my VIN number appeared in my source code a couple of hours ago. No text yet on delivery. I'm near Fremont factory, ordered white on white on 8/3. Called my SA, and he just said that I'll get the car "soon." When I pressed him on what the hell that meant, he just said my car is sitting at the factory and he didn't have any other info to share. I'm tempted to stop by the factory on the way home and ask to see my car... :)

Reactions: Mongenel