Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the VIN is only assigned after the car is complete? Or if they do it ahead of time? My guy said specifically that my car would be complete this Sunday. So I'm wondering if I'm making myself crazy looking for a VIN when there won't be one until Sunday.

There's a 2018 White/Black performance in the used inventory for Bay Area. 46 miles on meter.

That seems odd. Someone reject it because it's a lemon? Or was it a demo? There was a white P100D in the showroom of the local service center. It just sat there for people to look at and play with, it only had a few miles on it. Maybe this was some sort of showroom car like that?

FWIW: when I test drove @ the fremont delivery center my SA told me that they only paint the white color 2x/month, and that instead of the usual two week wait, it would be more like 3 (ordered 8/27 and test drove the saturday after) weeks - but definitely before the EOQ

FWIW: when I test drove @ the fremont delivery center my SA told me that they only paint the white color 2x/month, and that instead of the usual two week wait, it would be more like 3 (ordered 8/27 and test drove the saturday after) weeks - but definitely before the EOQ

Elon said something similar to this about Red. He said that after they do red the paint shop looks like a Dexter kill room and takes a lot of effort to clean up, so they do all the red in limited batches.

Edit: Now that white is the default color I wonder if they'll have to start doing the white more often?

White/White M3P ordered 7/23.

Delivery was originally scheduled for 8/21, but I was called the day before and told that my car wouldn’t be ready after all. I’m still waiting, with a “late September” delivery window and no VIN yet. This will be my 5th Tesla, so clearly loyalty isn’t playing into the delivery priority equation. ;)

That said, my SA is being very apologetic and accommodating in other ways. It’s unexpected nevertheless...

White/White M3P ordered 7/23.

Delivery was originally scheduled for 8/21, but I was called the day before and told that my car wouldn’t be ready after all. I’m still waiting, with a “late September” delivery window and no VIN yet. This will be my 5th Tesla, so clearly loyalty isn’t playing into the delivery priority equation. ;)

That said, my SA is being very apologetic and accommodating in other ways. It’s unexpected nevertheless...
Ouch, that is not too promising for the rest of us. lol

Tesla called me today asking if I wanted to pick the car up early tomorrow morning at 11AM. I agreed and moved my appointment to drop off my car at the PPF/tint place. Ten minutes later they call me back and tell me that my car isn't at the facility yet and isn't going to be there until late on Saturday night.

Back to a Monday delivery.

Adding to the M3P bay area pile-on:

White/White Performance
Order Date: 8/27

No Hidden VIN, no comms from Tesla other than day after order was placed to complete profile (email)

got a link? i don't see it on tesla.com or ev-cpo

Filter by Used on EV-CPO...
tesla.com/used/5YJ3E1EBXJF083826

Weird, it might already be gone, I have the page already up but when I click on the link it is no more...

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-13_16-57-52.png
    upload_2019-9-13_16-57-52.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 70