Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August 3rd order White/white P3D to SoCal. Just got the same text, but without the second part:

“Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

Also just received this text. In San Diego. Ordered 8/2, M3P White/Black. “Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

Update: I just got a text “Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

This puts me at 28th of September if they are timely......... WTF!? Almost two months since order. <sigh>.

Ordered white/white on 8/20, Boise, ID home delivery. Just got this text: "Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled. To ensure a smoother delivery, please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all outstanding tasks for your order in the next 72 hours."
I got the same generic text message 5 minutes ago

Just got the same text. Ordered 9/7. Blue/Black P3D. Not sure if this is actually related to my order or if this is just a generic text everyone that has an outstanding order text?

Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled. To ensure a smoother delivery, please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all outstanding tasks for your order in the next 72 hours.

Anyone get any updates in CA? This is crazy frustrating. Ordered Aug 9th M3P White/White. I keep getting told “it will be done this week!”...every week. I turned in my car because the lease ended last week (even planned ahead for a two week overlap/buffer just in case it was delayed) and here I sit with no car and no end in sight. Then I hear they are pushing hard to sell as many cars as possible for Q3 and offering incentives <insert confused face>. I hope this isn’t a forecast of what owning a Tesla is like—if so I’m out. Thanks for hearing my rant.
It is a bit frustrating to drop $65-70k and feel as if the company is ignoring you. But you just have to trust the process. I look at it this way, the more we distract them from focusing on deliveries the less chance we have getting our cars on time. My SA said that they delivered 50% of all Q2 orders in the last two weeks of the quarter, so just know that you should have it before 10/1!

Reactions: jstabbe
Same message a little bit ago: “Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

Also, I reached out to my contact yesterday and he said “...absolutely I will add the 2 years of free supercharging to your order.” Hey, better than nothing! Now I will try to contact him in regards to possibly waiving the white interior upgrade.

For reference, my order:
8/6
White/White P3D
Scottsdale, AZ

Reactions: Mongenel
It is a bit frustrating to drop $65-70k and feel as if the company is ignoring you. But you just have to trust the process. I look at it this way, the more we distract them from focusing on deliveries the less chance we have getting our cars on time. My SA said that they delivered 50% of all Q2 orders in the last two weeks of the quarter, so just know that you should have it before 10/1!
And just as fate would have it, as soon as i posted that reply i got an automated text from Tesla. My phone glitched though and I can only read the first part of it, but seems to be the standard text that others have received. Hope they didn’t surreptitiously neuralink me during the test drive or something !

Attachments

• 1EDACC3D-620C-4F9F-980F-1BC0A2D1783E.jpeg
    1EDACC3D-620C-4F9F-980F-1BC0A2D1783E.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 69
Same message a little bit ago: “Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

Also, I reached out to my contact yesterday and he said “...absolutely I will add the 2 years of free supercharging to your order.” Hey, better than nothing! Now I will try to contact him in regards to possibly waiving the white interior upgrade.

For reference, my order:
8/6
White/White P3D
Scottsdale, AZ

My Tesla contact said that they would try and waive the white interior upgrade in addition to adding the 2 years of free charging, but later got back to me with I can choose one or the other, but not both.

For reference, my order:
8/6
White/White P3D
Scottsdale, AZ
Awesome news, I have emailed my guy as well to see if we can get the 2Y Super added, but have seen multiple reports of no issues here.

Thanks! appreciate the pep talk... helps me to know I’m not the only one! Just keep swimming :)

I just received the same text “Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.”

My placed my order on 8/26
White / White Model 3 Performance + FSD
Dallas, Texas

Last edited:
Hey guys, first update I've ever had received now.

"Tesla Update: We expect to deliver your Model 3 in next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled."

8/7 order date, MSM/Black P3D, Bay Area CA.

This has been the first and only update I've ever gotten. Do I believe they will actually be able to delivery all these Model 3's in the next 2 weeks? Nope, I do not.

I'm with @patbateman , very close to cancelling my order based on the lies, the corporate run around, lack of proactive communication, false advertising (e.g., delivery in 2 weeks), etc. Not to mention delivery horror stories with paint issues, panel gaps, etc. It's like you can wait all this time and they try to give you a subpar vehicle and then you have to wait AGAIN!

Reactions: jstabbe
Ordered white/white on 8/20, Boise, ID home delivery. Just got this text: "Tesla Update We expect to deliver your Model 3 in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled. To ensure a smoother delivery, please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all outstanding tasks for your order in the next 72 hours."

In Denver. Ordered on the 28 of August. Just got the same text. White/black