Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from tesla to discuss delivery on monday 9/16....they wanted to know if i wanted to take advantage of the state credit of about 2,000-- and if yes, i would be forfeiting my ability to return the car in the 7 day 1000 mile period- and if no, add an additional 2,000 to the predetermined amount due at signing. thought this was super weird... why would taking advantage of the state ev credit prevent tesla from honoring the 7 day 1000 mile return policy... --- seems like its more for show and to entice buyers rather than being an actual return policy

Man I sure hope there is an easy fuse pull to disable that pedestrian speaker. I wanted this car for the silence and I didn't realize all cars built starting this month was mandatory to add that stupid speaker.

EDIT: I just read this car doesn't even have a fuse box...... Great.

Reactions: superfunk
Man I sure hope there is an easy fuse pull to disable that pedestrian speaker. I wanted this car for the silence and I didn't realize all cars built starting this month was mandatory to add that stupid speaker.

EDIT: I just read this car doesn't even have a fuse box...... Great.
I picked up my white on white yesterday too. I don't think it's going to be that easy to disable. There is a new icon I have never seen on my previous 3 that indicates when the system is booting up to let you know its working yet. My guess is if you simply unplug it the car will complain on the screen indefinitely, Might be away to just unplug the speaker and put a resister in place. That being said its only noticeable and annoying in reverse. In drive it just sounds like a rotor is dragging/white noise, not even noticeable unless the windows are down.

Last edited:
I picked up my white on white yesterday too. I don't think it's going to be that easy to disable. There is a new icon I never saw on my previous 3 that indicates when the system is booting up to let you know its working yet. My guess is if you simply unplug it the car will complain on the screen indefinitely, Might be away to just unplug the speaker and put a resister in place. That being said its only noticeable and annoying in reverse. In drive it just sounds like a rotor is dragging/white noise, not even noticeable unless the windows are down.

I’ve only found one video on YouTube (I’m aware of the SoundCloud clips, not good for context though). It appears to be quite loud. I’m sure someone is working on a bypass kit as we speak lol. A simple resistor should be perfectly adequate, unless the little speaker has some kind of anti defeat logic in it, which I think is pretty unlikely.

I asked both my local and Nevada sales advisors about adding the 2 years of supercharging, both said no. I do have a VIN though.

Glad to see folks are generally happy with their paint. I’ll update the thread when mine is delivered too.
When did you place your order? as long as you ordered awhile back you should have no trouble adding the 2 years of free supercharging. If you are one of those lucky people who ordered within last couple of weeks or so, yeah, they might say no.

I ordered on 8/7 and had literally zero pushback when I asked for it. All you need to do is call Tesla's main line. Don't call your sales person.

Not true, they can easily notate your account and all of the provisioning happens behind the scenes. I don't even have a VIN and they did it for me.

I'm sure they will honor it later on, so no big deal. Just make sure you confirm later to have it added to your account.

I asked both my local and Nevada sales advisors about adding the 2 years of supercharging, both said no. I do have a VIN though.

Glad to see folks are generally happy with their paint. I’ll update the thread when mine is delivered too.

After the brouhaha came out over the free supercharging or free option I asked my SA what they could do and I can take either an upgrade or free Supercharging for 2 years. I have enough referral credits to last me 3 years so I’m going to take them up on a free upgrade (white interior)

Just got a call from tesla to discuss delivery on monday 9/16....they wanted to know if i wanted to take advantage of the state credit of about 2,000-- and if yes, i would be forfeiting my ability to return the car in the 7 day 1000 mile period- and if no, add an additional 2,000 to the predetermined amount due at signing. thought this was super weird... why would taking advantage of the state ev credit prevent tesla from honoring the 7 day 1000 mile return policy... --- seems like its more for show and to entice buyers rather than being an actual return policy
What state are you in? Probably has something to do with the state credit terms. You could take delivery, receive the credit, and then return the car and the state would be out 2k

Picked up my car today. Looks great. Pedestrian speaker is loud though View attachment 454820

Glad to see they sent you *my* car. :p

Still waiting, though I got that "2 weeks" text this morning as well. I called my sales guy and he said that he would make sure to get my 2-year Supercharging added on.

I wonder how many will cancel after this long? I'm not. I'm in this for however many free add-ons I can make them give me!

here is a youtube video showing it... going to have to get this removed somehow... I am sure Tesla will make it difficult but maybe with a resistor or something we can get rid of the speaker.

here is a video showing where the speaker is and how easy/difficult it is to get to it

I kind of like both directions. Reverse is very futuristic and forward almost sounds like jet engine wash. Pretty good chance that future software will let you customize to your liking

Ordered white/black on 8/11. Did not get the text from a few weeks ago for the 5-6 weeks, nor did I get a text today. No VIN.
Is there anyone who did NOT receive that text today? Hard to imagine the text means much if literally everybody waiting got it. Unless Tesla somehow managed to deliver 2 months worth of orders in 2 weeks...
That's because everyone who ordered in the prior to the last week and probably into Wednesday (for West Coast at least) will be getting a car delivered if Tesla can match one. They delivered 77,550 cars last quarter, 38k of which were delivered in the last two weeks. I have an inkling they will SMASH that # this time around