Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I'm wondering if I should ask about the free upgrades instead...

But anyway, I don't know why you would have to cancel your order to do this if other people are not having to do this. I personally would not, especially since you ordered yours so long ago. Would hate to see you miss the end of the quarter rush and have to wait even longer than the two weeks until the end of this one

I definitely do not recommend canceling and reordering. My sales representative is giving this promotion to me for my 8/3 order that has not been delivered yet. The price of the performance model also increased by $1000 sometime during August (don't remember the exact date). Cancelling and reordering now would give you the higher current price.

I picked up my P3D yesterday and asked first for 2 years then switched it to waiving the upgrades, which is a better value for me. They had to redraft my contract which took an extra 30-45 minutes.

I think they basically have to honor the discounts because of the timing of the promotion and your pick up, the actual sale is "today" not when you ordered. Them asking someone to reorder is probably their attempt to keep things in order as the rush to beat October gets more real. I ordered 7/29 and was able to keep my original price before the August increase.

All that said, I hope you all get your best deals. They shouldn't be allowed to deny you what they've already advertised to everyone. Just be ready for a less than fancy pick up experience as the deliveries start piling up on top of each other.

First of all, I’m not saying don’t ask for it. I’m saying don’t expect it. I’ve been waiting a long time and I didn’t expect any free items because this promo is exactly that, a sales incentive. No one is entitled to this deal unless you actually qualify for it. If Tesla is nice enough to offer it to someone, then that’s their right to do so.

You guys are missing my point. Some people think they deserve the freebies. My point is no one deserves it unless you waited to buy and officially qualify for this incentive. Therefore, no one should complain if they are denied, and you certainly shouldn’t expect it.

Now, back on topic ... where are our M3P’s? Hopefully a couple more weeks ....

Where are you getting that this promotion is for people who have been waiting? Any person could contact tesla and say they want a certain configuration. Sales associates are able to upgrade them to an available with 2 year free supercharging. It has nothing to do with waiting. I've asked about it and waiting to hear back. Either way if I get it or not I'll probably buy the car but saving a few bucks would be nice. If they tell me the white/ white I ordered but can switch to a different color at the same price I'll jump on it.

You’re within the two week time frame and you are asking for freebies?!

The way you questioned others asking for the discount seems more like you had an issue with them asking than a warning not to expect the incentives.

Reactions: painter
How long from receiving your delivery date until you got your Final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement online? I've been waiting for this so I can finalize paperwork with my loan. My delivery guy has been very unresponsive and I'm supposed to get the car on Friday!

I ordered a P3D Red/White w/FSD on August 5th. Today is week 6 of waiting.

Received the "2 weeks" text on Saturday morning.

Saw my SA on Saturday evening, I'm there almost every weekend with the family shopping at the mall.

He said that I should have my car before the end of the month and that they will honor the paint and interior upgrade incentives.

Since my family won’t be using my car for road trips I declined the free Supercharger incentive.

Having to wait up to 8 weeks really sucks. But getting an additional $3k off the car makes it better.

Reactions: mudelphi
I called the 888 Tesla number to inquire about my situation. Ordered white/white performance on 8/20 for home delivery - no Tesla center in my area. Got the text on Saturday. I have a trade and my account has been stuck in "your advisor will reach out with trade details in 24-hours" forever. I was in Denver this last weekend, so I went into the store and spoke with someone who informed me that the person responsible for valuing my trade was no longer with the company. As the text indicated that I had 72-hours to complete any remaining items on my account, I obviously wanted to cover my bases, so....

Flash forward to this morning. As stated above, I called the 888 number and got someone who told me that despite the text I got, he'd anticipate at least another 2 weeks, but more likely closer to 4 before I'm assigned a VIN. He also was unable to do the free color upgrade/supercharge miles and indicated that I'd need to contact the closest store and speak with an advisor to go through existing inventory to have any sort of shot at that.

Lastly, he said "I pushed something on your account that hadn't been done yet", which is basically the cue to request the remaining balance owed on the car, which is now showing up on my account.

I’m just amazed that we’re all pretty much begging Tesla to take our 65k dollars but it doesn’t make a difference. My model S and X purchases were ultra smooth so this has been a complete shock and disappointment. Still no word, no vin.

Blue/white 8/14 mod on 8/27 so cal

I’m just amazed that we’re all pretty much begging Tesla to take our 65k dollars but it doesn’t make a difference. My model S and X purchases were ultra smooth so this has been a complete shock and disappointment. Still no word, no vin.

Blue/white 8/14 mod on 8/27 so cal

What's crazy to me is they are offering the incentives to get free upgrades and supercharging supposedly on current inventory to increase sales but there seems to be people waiting for all trim level packages.

Aug 12 order, w/w with FSD in Denver

Called 888 number, rolled to local center, super responsive. Said likely to receive delivery date in next two days. Trucks coming in daily with cars, as opposed to the typical weekly trucks. Said us long waiters are all getting the 2000 supercharger miles. Said nothing about upgrade discounts, so I had to ask. She rolled that question to my SA in an email request and said she’ll get back to me.

Got my VIN in source and a text this morning to schedule delivery. I still need my MVPA to provide to my bank, and get routed to the Fremont Delivery Center when I call Tesla's 888 number, which is closed on Mondays?

Ordered 8/15: MSM/White Interior/Performance
8/21: Config Change
SF Bay Area

I called the 888 Tesla number to inquire about my situation. Ordered white/white performance on 8/20 for home delivery - no Tesla center in my area. Got the text on Saturday. I have a trade and my account has been stuck in "your advisor will reach out with trade details in 24-hours" forever. I was in Denver this last weekend, so I went into the store and spoke with someone who informed me that the person responsible for valuing my trade was no longer with the company. As the text indicated that I had 72-hours to complete any remaining items on my account, I obviously wanted to cover my bases, so....

Flash forward to this morning. As stated above, I called the 888 number and got someone who told me that despite the text I got, he'd anticipate at least another 2 weeks, but more likely closer to 4 before I'm assigned a VIN. He also was unable to do the free color upgrade/supercharge miles and indicated that I'd need to contact the closest store and speak with an advisor to go through existing inventory to have any sort of shot at that.

Lastly, he said "I pushed something on your account that hadn't been done yet", which is basically the cue to request the remaining balance owed on the car, which is now showing up on my account.

Update on this. I spoke with the closest store who then sent a message to the individual I have listed on my my account as my sales advisor. He called me back and he was able to process the $0 color upgrade for me. He also said this upgrade was predicated on me taking delivery prior to Oct 1st, which he didn't seem to think was an issue. Obviously, I still don't have a VIN, but he seemed to indicate that having my car by the end of the month wasn't a problem.