Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searching 5yj is what showed the VIN for me

I was showing a VIN earlier when I checked my source, it was like a 5 y J and then a bunch of random numbers and letters that did not look like everyone else's. I just checked again and it's gone. This is incredibly frustrating, but I know it will get here eventually. Staying positive that my SA will honor the 2 YR supercharging

I was showing a VIN earlier when I checked my source, it was like a 5 y J and then a bunch of random numbers and letters that did not look like everyone else's. I just checked again and it's gone. This is incredibly frustrating, but I know it will get here eventually. Staying positive that my SA will honor the 2 YR supercharging

I saw this once. It was just one of the random sequences in the code. Not a VIN.

I placed an order for a P3D White/White/FSD on 9/13 assuming delivery sometime in October at best. It'd make sense that the last bit of Q3 production will be distributed locally just to beat the clock, and since I live close to the factory it's hard not to hold out a tiiiiiny sliver of hope that I'll get a call at the last second.

Last edited:
Well holy sh!t.

After 7 weeks and 1 day... I finally have a VIN in my page source!

Ordered 7/28. VIN 9/16. About frikin' time. No contact or delivery date yet, but it's after hours so I would expect it tomorrow. Now I'll probably not be able to sleep lol

Now to make sure the SA gets me the all-weather mats and 2 year super charging.

Also, updated the spreadsheet.
I dont understand how people who ordered in July and people who ordered 1 week ago are getting their VINs at the same time. Has Tesla just been stockpiling cars for 2 months??

I checked source code from a desk top and had a VIN a couple hours ago. Ran it through a vin decoder and it showed as a performance. I just tried to check it in my phone and it's gone. No vin or delivery date yet.

8/31 order performance white / white full self drive.

Edit: After a Google search it appears that others have had the same VIN show up in their source code as well. It appears to be a generic vin that shows up shortly before they put your actual vin in the system.

My bad.

Last edited:
Hi,
FYI, ordered my Model 3 Performance / black/ black no FSD on august 30, with a planned delivery in September..(This is for Switzerland.).

As per Tesla delivery person I had on the phone yesterday, there are little chances it will be september, most probably October.
He told me Perf. Models are produced in less volume than the otehr cars, although there is a great demand for them.

I keep hope though :)

I dont understand how people who ordered in July and people who ordered 1 week ago are getting their VINs at the same time. Has Tesla just been stockpiling cars for 2 months??
Because of "logistics" and Tesla optimizing for Q3 deliveries instead of customer satisfaction and fairness. He actually is lucky because he ordered white/white and that seems to be current production run that is finally starting to make its way West.

I ordered on 8/7, MSM/Black, and picking up at Fremont. Based on all evidence, this color combo and delivery location appear to be the last color combo to be produced, so they will probably go down to the wire / end of month to delivery those. Since they don't have to transport the cars from Fremont, they can wait til the last minute to produce them.

My guess is that they won't even build these Fremont cars until later this week / early next week (as such, no VIN for awhile). Of course, the irony is that I thought I'd get the car in about a week per SA comments when I ordered due to my proximity to Fremont. Guess we didn't know they were going to produce for the rest of the world and country first. LOL.

Reactions: Jenremoved
Well, another update... getting even more exciting! (At least I've had my LR AWD in the meantime, so that has helped aid me in the "waiting game.")

Details:
Scottsdale, AZ
Ordered - 8/6/19 (White/white P3D+)
Got the text last night (as others have indicated)
9/17/19 - Just checked the source code... new VIN!

So, us AZ people should expect delivery VERY soon! Yay!

Reactions: shao_sheen
I'm getting my delivery on Friday.
I called yesterday to get the 2 years of supercharging and the SA told me that the promo is ONLY if you purchased your car this weekend or after and because I ordered my car on 8/3, I do not qualify.

I told her many people who have ordered their cars earlier and had to wait 7 weeks like I have, have been getting the promo. She said she'd look into it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone in Chicago have any luck getting the supercharging promo?

I checked source code from a desk top and had a VIN a couple hours ago. Ran it through a vin decoder and it showed as a performance. I just tried to check it in my phone and it's gone. No vin or delivery date yet.

8/31 order performance white / white full self drive.

Edit: After a Google search it appears that others have had the same VIN show up in their source code as well. It appears to be a generic vin that shows up shortly before they put your actual vin in the system.

My bad.

Do you have the VIN that showed up but was generic?

Well, another update... getting even more exciting! (At least I've had my LR AWD in the meantime, so that has helped aid me in the "waiting game.")

Details:
Scottsdale, AZ
Ordered - 8/6/19 (White/white P3D+)
Got the text last night (as others have indicated)
9/17/19 - Just checked the source code... new VIN!

So, us AZ people should expect delivery VERY soon! Yay!

Well, to add to my earlier post, I just received another text saying my delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 9/20. My account did update showing to pay off the balance and it shows my new VIN.