Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same situation as you both. The dreaded Bay Area penalty box. 8/7 order and only got that stupid “within two weeks” text over the weekend.

Also ordered black interior, which I think it means extra time in the penalty box.

Drives me nuts that my work is miles from the Fremont factory.
I'm also on black interior (with white exterior). The optimist in me says that we haven't seen the same wave of deliveries in CA that other states have reported, so our turn is coming soon. Then again poor Putttt is still waiting for any kind of news and he's in AZ.

Called back into the delivery center (fremont) today and was told this time that I 1) do not have a VIN assigned and 2) instead of delivery 9/18 or 19, to expect sometime next week 9/24. Also asked why my financed amount wasn't for the full purchase price of the car. I was approved with a better rate from my credit union for the full amount of the vehicle, however they want to see the FVPA before they will disperse. Told me to expect a call back from an OA (?) or financing person later today. Didn't hear anything back today.

I have the $11 grand balance they left for me if I need to write a check at pickup, but I would rather not on principle. This whole get rid of the dealership angle sounds good on paper as an outside observer until you begin to realize how unfair and poorly optimized it all is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier and Eclipso
Really frustrating to see Tesla stocking their inventory throughout the country with vehicles while leaving so many orders some from over a month ago still unfulfilled. It’s like they’re putting off these deliveries to their close locations until the last minute of the quarter because they know these orders are locked in and will be fulfilled by the end of the month, which allows them to focus on stocking all of their lots with other cars that they hope to lure potential new buyers in by offering end of quarter incentives. Makes sense from a quarterly numbers standpoint but feels crappy from a customer satisfaction standpoint.

30+ new cars just showed up available for immediate purchase in my local delivery centers. All standard range models. So they definitely are sending trucks to California, just not trucks with cars meant to fulfill orders. Meanwhile they’ve shipped 20+ of the W/W performance config that I ordered on 8/3 to multiple delivery centers across the midwest and east coast that are sitting in lots waiting to be purchased..

Last edited:
Reactions: MPLS_lakes
Really frustrating to see Tesla stocking their inventory throughout the country with vehicles while leaving so many orders some from over a month ago still unfulfilled. It’s like they’re putting off these deliveries to their close locations until the last minute of the quarter because they know these orders are locked in and will be fulfilled by the end of the month, which allows them to focus on stocking all of their lots with other cars that they hope to lure potential new buyers in by offering end of quarter incentives. Makes sense from a quarterly numbers standpoint but feels crappy from a customer satisfaction standpoint.

30+ new cars just showed up available for immediate purchase in my local delivery centers. All standard range models. So they definitely are sending trucks to California, just not trucks with cars to fulfill orders. Meanwhile they’ve shipped 20+ of the W/W performance config that I ordered on 8/3 to multiple delivery centers across the midwest and east coast.
Yes, that’s exactly what they are doing. Optimizing for quarterly earnings report and deliveries rather while sacrificing customer satisfaction.

Here’s the thing, they need to try to blow expectations out of the water because they are going to run out of cash and need to raise even more money, but first they need to make the growth story as strong as possible.

Yes, that’s exactly what they are doing. Optimizing for quarterly earnings report and deliveries rather while sacrificing customer satisfaction.

Here’s the thing, they need to try to blow expectations out of the water because they are going to run out of cash and need to raise even more money, but first they need to make the growth story as strong as possible.
Agree with all that. I also think they are trying to move only new inventory stock and specifically the lower trims like SR LR as they seem to have an abundance. 500+ based on the web searches. I’m also sure they realize performance models are made in less quantity and that the demand is there regardless of supply so no real push to get the custom orders filled.

They're not going to run out of cash anytime soon. They're sitting on $5 billion in cash and are producing 7k cars a week now. The demand is there, evidenced by this and other threads. They will be making 10k M3 a week by EOY and recently stated they will not have to raise again. I have a strong feeling they will beat expectations this quarter and get profitable by Q4 / Q1 20'

My September 24th delivery time changed unexpectedly from 10:30am (time I chose as soon as I got the text) to 3:30 pm.
No notice, email or text about the change.
Good thing I check my account regularly but the time change is rather upsetting especially without notice.
I emailed my delivery team to see what’s up.
Also, I requested a credit for the white interior but it looks like it’s getting batted back from “miscommunications” from Tesla (no surprise there) and they’re offering me 2 years of free Supercharging. I said to then I have enough from referrals to last me 3 years, why would I take that? So they’re looking into it.

I must say the buying experience from when I got last Tesla has definitely taken a dive for the worse. The cars are great but they have a lot to learn about customer experience.

Reactions: Phlier
I must say the buying experience from when I got last Tesla has definitely taken a dive for the worse. The cars are great but they have a lot to learn about customer experience.

Without a doubt. I've been having to harangue them over replacing a dinged wheel and bumper that was horribly painted. After three calls and emailing everyone in the Tesla corporation, practically, I finally got a reply. Their customer service is really bad.

Did they end up offering to take care of the problems?

They finally did but it was via email. I never spoke to anyone nor did they ever apologize for the inconvenience and lack of response. I asked them how the car got through visual inspection before I arrived and there was no answer. Maybe they were looking at the car in the same dimly lit service bay as I was? Get the car into the light and the grim reality surfaces.