Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a call voicemail on Saturday saying the car had already arrived (I was out of town), called first thing Monday and moved my delivery up to today. Thankfully it was super quiet on a Monday, so it gave me a lot of time to look the car over. (Was parked next to some amazing company)

I went through everything as thoroughly as I could (was a bit dim so I had to use my phone torch), found a few minor marks that were easy to buff out but I unfortunately did find one major gouge/scratch at the drivers side door sill (why could it not have been somewhere I don't have to see every day!?) Guy filled it with touch-up paint and clear, added it to the delivery notes. While that was being taken care of I also found a issue with the passenger side door at the pocket where the "leather" was a bit buckled (image below). Again I had it added it the delivery notes, will deal with it next time it's in for service. Be sure to check all of those nooks and crannies!

Otherwise paint and panel gap wise everything looks fantastic. Definitely better than my previous LR RWD October build (now sold). It's a bit strange as I had the same white on black before, so it almost feels like being back in my old car... just much much MUCH faster. I actually love and prefer the ride of the Performance vs standard suspension, much more confidence inspiring and less crashing over bumps. The Sport tuning of the steering is amazing as well.

After being back in an ICE car for the last 6 weeks I am beyond happy to be back in a Model 3. The wait is worth it guys, remain patient and you will be rewarded for the foreseeable future. Good luck everyone!!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190923_142233.jpg
    MVIMG_20190923_142233.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 80
  • MVIMG_20190923_142310.jpg
    MVIMG_20190923_142310.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 77
  • MVIMG_20190923_143819 (1).jpg
    MVIMG_20190923_143819 (1).jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 70
I got the same text I got this morning saying my appointment is scheduled please complete my delivery profile in my Tesla account. I assume that's something that I did awhile ago because I can't find it anywhere in my account.

This sales style is ridiculous. Yeah the delivery process may take minutes but it's taken several hours of my time over several days and I haven't even seen the car I'm buying yet. I haven't been able to get any real information from a actual person at the delivery center yet. Pretty ridiculous so far.

tell me about. tesla is just a different version of a traditional dealership. rather than take a 5 hours process, you have to talked to 2-3 different people to get anything done and it's spread over weeks. at least at a traditional dealership, you know there's light at the end of the tunnel that day and you'll get your car. i dont know the solution but this aint it chief.

tell me about. tesla is just a different version of a traditional dealership. rather than take a 5 hours process, you have to talked to 2-3 different people to get anything done and it's spread over weeks. at least at a traditional dealership, you know there's light at the end of the tunnel that day and you'll get your car. i dont know the solution but this aint it chief.

I think a lot depends on the SA you’re working with. Mine gave me his cell number and we’ve been in constant contact through the whole process via text.

I think a lot depends on the SA you’re working with. Mine gave me his cell number and we’ve been in constant contact through the whole process via text.

I agree, my guys been responsive when I shoot him a text, even got my MVPA done today on his day off. Including the online ordering / securing my loan and talking to them today I have only spend maybe an hour dealing with all this. The agony has been waiting. Wednesday cannot come soon enough as long as they don't push that back lol.

Delivery and all included went smooth and easy today. All in all it took around 15-20min.

Very happy with the quality. A few minor things here and there, but it seems quality control has really stepped it up.

A great time to have ordered!!

6DF0BE81-E630-4077-B865-A4F3795F4E7F.jpeg
C301827F-152E-4511-ACAB-6E5E9CF811D5.jpeg
CA0F5291-3DDC-4398-A68B-288A53FED879.jpeg

Attachments

• FD708C8B-B52E-4375-9ACF-F28CC667F887.jpeg
    FD708C8B-B52E-4375-9ACF-F28CC667F887.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 297D9ABB-18E5-4791-AA0F-47D320B6E2DD.jpeg
    297D9ABB-18E5-4791-AA0F-47D320B6E2DD.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 73
I received a call voicemail on Saturday saying the car had already arrived (I was out of town), called first thing Monday and moved my delivery up to today. Thankfully it was super quiet on a Monday, so it gave me a lot of time to look the car over. (Was parked next to some amazing company)

I went through everything as thoroughly as I could (was a bit dim so I had to use my phone torch), found a few minor marks that were easy to buff out but I unfortunately did find one major gouge/scratch at the drivers side door sill (why could it not have been somewhere I don't have to see every day!?) Guy filled it with touch-up paint and clear, added it to the delivery notes. While that was being taken care of I also found a issue with the passenger side door at the pocket where the "leather" was a bit buckled (image below). Again I had it added it the delivery notes, will deal with it next time it's in for service. Be sure to check all of those nooks and crannies!

Otherwise paint and panel gap wise everything looks fantastic. Definitely better than my previous LR RWD October build (now sold). It's a bit strange as I had the same white on black before, so it almost feels like being back in my old car... just much much MUCH faster. I actually love and prefer the ride of the Performance vs standard suspension, much more confidence inspiring and less crashing over bumps. The Sport tuning of the steering is amazing as well.

After being back in an ICE car for the last 6 weeks I am beyond happy to be back in a Model 3. The wait is worth it guys, remain patient and you will be rewarded for the foreseeable future. Good luck everyone!!
that white multicoat really pops with the carbon fiber spoiler. Makes me wish I held out for my original order config (WoW) but am equally impressed with the MSM beauty.

Reactions: MPLS_lakes
Delivery and all included went smooth and easy today. All in all it took around 15-20min.

Very happy with the quality. A few minor things here and there, but it seems quality control has really stepped it up.

A great time to have ordered!!

When did you originally order? I ordered white on white September 13th and am holding out a sliver of hope I'll see it before the end of the quarter since I can take delivery in Fremont.

Also waiting on w/w bay area, ordered 9/14. I think they'll have a final batch of P3Ds w/w, it looks like it moves from east to west coast, socal/pacific northwest, black interior first. There is a MSM / white interior that just popped up in Fremont this morning, so I think its about time for us W/W to get our VINs mid-week ^__^

I agree, my guys been responsive when I shoot him a text, even got my MVPA done today on his day off. Including the online ordering / securing my loan and talking to them today I have only spend maybe an hour dealing with all this. The agony has been waiting. Wednesday cannot come soon enough as long as they don't push that back lol.

I have no idea who my contact even is. I ordered online and it's been computer generated text messages only since then.

Pretty frustrating they scheduled my appointment without contacting me to see when works for me. I have no way to contact anyone to try to change it if I needed to. It's not that big of a deal i prefer a morning pick up and will probably have to take a day off of work regardless. But it's still pretty inconsiderate of a company that is about to get over $60k from me. If I don't get the MVPA before Wednesday morning I won't be able to get my loan finalized and funded in time to make the delivery appointment. I'm done wasting time trying to call them so if it doesn't show in time I'll give them one call to let them know I'm not going to make the appointment. I've blindly waited for a few weeks to get this car with no information from them about how to get everything in order and now at best I'm going to have 48hrs from the time I get the purchase agreement until my scheduled appointment. They won't even answer their phones and I'm going to be put on a time crunch to make the sale happen. I'm not even excited about getting the car anymore.

I have no idea who my contact even is. I ordered online and it's been computer generated text messages only since then.

Pretty frustrating they scheduled my appointment without contacting me to see when works for me. I have no way to contact anyone to try to change it if I needed to. It's not that big of a deal i prefer a morning pick up and will probably have to take a day off of work regardless. But it's still pretty inconsiderate of a company that is about to get over $60k from me. If I don't get the MVPA before Wednesday morning I won't be able to get my loan finalized and funded in time to make the delivery appointment. I'm done wasting time trying to call them so if it doesn't show in time I'll give them one call to let them know I'm not going to make the appointment. I've blindly waited for a few weeks to get this car with no information from them about how to get everything in order and now at best I'm going to have 48hrs from the time I get the purchase agreement until my scheduled appointment. They won't even answer their phones and I'm going to be put on a time crunch to make the sale happen. I'm not even excited about getting the car anymore.

If you received the original "pre-delivery" email after ordering which comes from your delivery location (at least mine did) then you can send an email to them with your order number in the subject line and from my experience, every time I did that or left a message with my "RN" number included they called or emailed back quickly if it was related to financials or pickup.
However, if I asked about things like referral code status or the 2 years of free supercharging they never answered.
Good luck, the car is worth the annoyances so hang in there.

So, still no sign of my purchase agreement. I emailed my SA, the Fremont delivery center, and waited on hold for 2.5 hours and no one ever answered phones or emails. My optimism and patience for delivery this week is slowly fading (delivery date is scheduled for Thursday). But my credit union is in Washington DC, so I’ve got that delay too. And if I don’t pick up I’m guessing they’ll sell to someone else? Ordered 8/9 W/W. Does the purchase agreement come via email?

So, still no sign of my purchase agreement. I emailed my SA, the Fremont delivery center, and waited on hold for 2.5 hours and no one ever answered phones or emails. My optimism and patience for delivery this week is slowly fading (delivery date is scheduled for Thursday). But my credit union is in Washington DC, so I’ve got that delay too. And if I don’t pick up I’m guessing they’ll sell to someone else? Ordered 8/9 W/W. Does the purchase agreement come via email?

I emailed my SA this morning with the VIN stating the credit union needs the purchase agreement before they will mail the check. She responded within 30 minutes with the MVPA. I figure they want their money, i'm surprised you guys are having a different experience. My check was mailed via overnight delivery & I plan to pay the remaining balance onsite after i see the car. No word on vehicle delivery for me yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jstabbe
I emailed my SA this morning with the VIN stating the credit union needs the purchase agreement before they will mail the check. She responded within 30 minutes with the MVPA. I figure they want their money, i'm surprised you guys are having a different experience. My check was mailed via overnight delivery & I plan to pay the remaining balance onsite after i see the car. No word on delivery for me yet.

Glad to hear you got yours!! Hope you get your delivery date soon!

Noticed you're in Clovis also :) Once I got the text to schedule delivery, my SA called me and made sure they had all the correct information and that my delivery day / time were good. I mentioned I was financing through EECU and needed the MVPA. Within 5 minutes from hanging up, he emailed it over. I took the MVPA to EECU today. They finalized the loan and gave me a check made out to Tesla. I'm picking up in Santa Barbara tomorrow.

Noticed you're in Clovis also :) Once I got the text to schedule delivery, my SA called me and made sure they had all the correct information and that my delivery day / time were good. I mentioned I was financing through EECU and needed the MVPA. Within 5 minutes from hanging up, he emailed it over. I took the MVPA to EECU today. They finalized the loan and gave me a check made out to Tesla. I'm picking up in Santa Barbara tomorrow.

That’s awesome! My SA must have been off today. Should be an awesome drive home!